Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• HateLPG
    HateLPG Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    <snip>
    lpgman wrote: »
    I currently work for a large LPG Supplier
    </snip>

<snip>
    lpgman wrote: »
    Points 1 -4
    </snip>

And not forgetting the implicit points:

5) We really are honest people.

6) We are here to help you, the consumer, get the best price and we are really NOT in business to maximise our profits or get the best return for our shareholders.

7) The above points 1-6 are all wholly accurate and factually correct, because I work for an LPG company, so I know these things.

But then he WOULD say that, wouldn't he! ;-)

Hmmmmmmmm....... Shame they can (allegedly) get all these important parts right, but are still wholly unable to understand or adhere to the terms of the contract that THEY wrote and under which they agreed to supply me with LPG.

As an update to my posts of about a year ago, Messrs Honest-John-Calor just tried to hit me with yet ANOTHER price rise in excess of the cap specified in THEIR contract, and had to be reminded about this, TWICE, before correcting the supply price.

And is it just me and my neighbours, or do they ALWAYS wait to make a delivery until one or two days AFTER the price has just leapt up, regardless of the tank level? Thought not :-(

Trust me - the big LPG companies are sharks and shysters.

I'm an LPG user, so I know these things ;-)

YMMV ;-)
  • lpg_2
    lpg_2 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Littlevermin see pm.
  • albyota
    albyota Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    Options
    SPAM compare.co.uk
    SPAM
    SPAM
    SPAM
    SPAM
    SPAM
    There are three types of people in this world...those that can count ...and those that can't! ;)

* The Bitterness of Low Quality is Long Remembered after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten!
  • The_Q
    The_Q Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I own My own tank, thanks to the previous owners son being an Area manager for Shellgas, which says a lot about costs.
    However It's now due a new certificate, and I've Been searching the net for someone to do it, with out success.
    Any Ideas what search terms might give me the right answer ?
    or a site with the right information?
    or even someone who might do it (Norwich area).

Thanks

The Q
  • dickiedoodah
    Options
    The_Q wrote: »
    I own My own tank, thanks to the previous owners son being an Area manager for Shellgas, which says a lot about costs.
    However It's now due a new certificate, and I've Been searching the net for someone to do it, with out success.

Thanks

The Q

Try lpggasuppliers.com it (you will need to put in the www. at the beginning). It has some useful info about tanks and there is a monthly price comparison.

Quote "In the vast majority of cases the tank will be owned by the company that supplies the gas, but if you are unsure then you should check this with your own supplier. In general, the supplier will look after the tank and its fittings (their integrity and maintenance) but again check this with your supplier if you are unsure, as legally it needs to be maintained in a safe condition".

Dickiedoodah
  • meagan
    meagan Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    I am at present getting quotes for a new supplier and after appoaching Shell they said would like to check my tank.They did this and found I had a gas leak on the requlator and the copper pipe,Calor was informed and were there immediately and made everything safe.My point is I did not know I had a leak and I do not know how much gas I have lost.I had always thought that the delivery man checked the Tank but they do not check the equipment attached to the tank.I thought I should make everyone aware of this,with Calor the repairs are free I do not know how other co.would respond to a situation like this.
  • SD-253
    SD-253 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    Hi this is the site to go to to find all the firms that will supply your area www . uklpg . org / supplier - search / search . php sorry about the gaps but I am still a newbie so not allowed to put links in. When my contract came up I went here and found I had a choice of 7 suppliers as opposed to the 2 that I thought I had BUT when I got prices of them some were ludicrous high but i still had 3 new ones with good quotes. So i swapped to Energas which brought my cost down to 37p from 49p a litre!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SD-253
    Options
    Hi this is the site to go to to find all the firms that will supply your area www . uklpg . org / supplier - search / search . php sorry about the gaps but I am still a newbie so not allowed to put links in. When my contract came up I went here and found I had a choice of 7 suppliers as opposed to the 2 that I thought I had BUT when I got prices of them some were ludicrous high but i still had 3 new ones with good quotes. So i swapped to Energas which brought my cost down to 37p from 49p a litre!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi reference my last still no price rise from Energas 37p and a penny off on your first fill. Neighbors paid 54p for oil on (or near) the same day. LPG gives you 7.11 KW of energy and heating oil gives 10.35 kw. Assuming that oil & gas boilers are equally efficient then I am paying exactly the same as oil using neighbors. IE LPG gives you 68.5% of the heat output of oil and at 37p it is 68.5% of the price. This is the mobile of the salesman who deals with Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. JB PS the LPG supplier search site is www. uklpg .org / supplier - search / search .php you will have to remove the gaps
  • SD-253
    edited 22 July 2010 at 11:19AM
    Options
    BELOW IS FROM A SITE OF A COMPANY WHO I THINK ARE BASED IN MANCHESTER AND WHO WERE PREPARED TO DELIVER TO ME IN LINCOLNSHIRE. THEY UNLIKE OTHER SUPPLIERS ARE HAPPY TO SUPPLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE THERE OWN TANKS AND ALSO RECOMENDED ENGINEERS TO SERVICE IT. THEY ARE CHARGING 37.44P PER LITRE. Personally I would not go down that route. £60 a year rental is in my mind a good price especially as people talk about paying £1200 to have a tank fitted.

FROM "EXTRA FUELS" INTERNET SITE
    Already Own Your Tank
    If you already have a tank in place, you will have the flexibility to buy your LPG from any supplier and have the flexibility to choose the company that can offer you the best possible price. With the availability of wholesale prices and a reliable and efficient delivery service, LPG from Extra Fuel is the only choice for you. As you own your tank Extrafuels also offer a Full Emergency Cover Package this will allow you to use our Emergency numbers and Engineers in the unlikely event you have a problem. Priced at £12.50 per quarter we believe its a small price to pay to know your tank is protected in a emergency. Please email us for more detail regarding our Emergency Cover Package.

JB
  • SD-253
    Options
    The_Q wrote: »

Thanks

The Q

SEE ABOVE EXTRA FUEL and go to service page
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family