Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Been quiet today, has everyone gone and got a life?

Vacant staring didnt work, ended up having a crispbread with cheese, one with peanut butter (lower carb) and a pkt scratchings.
    It's good, this not wanting food malarky :D
  • Always_Harassed
    Options
    Morning all it is a dry Sunday for a change, although very cold. Going to the car boot and shopping. Started picking up clothes that are slightly smaller and trying to sell everything on ebay that doesn't fit me. When I have lost weight previously have kept big stuff and often gone back into it. With all your support I hope I can stay there this time. Feel at my age I could get health problems if I don't.
    Had a brain wave yesterday. Going to make some koftas so I can have a "sausage" breakfast. Have made them years ago and can put whatever spices or meat you like. Basically put some mince (any or mixture of types) in food processor add in some spices and possibly things like onion, mushroom, parsley etc. Make into sausage shapes and fry. Good to cook all at once and keep some precooked in fridge for a quick reheat in the morning. Will keep a couple of days. Can freeze the rest. Could also make into burgers. Bought co-op burgers yesterday and they were terrible and came back on me all day and think it might be about the same price to make but with better meat.
    Anyone who used to eat tuna pasta salad should try using chopped up cabbage to replace the pasta. Keeps its shape better than lettuce and is a portable lunch - guess what I'm having today.
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone. :D

Ask me....go on ask me.....

4 lbs off this week which means I've lost my first stone today. *cue fanfare, applause and all manner of cheers*. :D

I know in the whole scheme of things that one stone isn't 'all that' but it's more of a psychological boost for me than anything else. I was in so much of a rut that I was kinda beginning to feel everything in my life was going to be the same way until the day I died iyswim. Mind you, I've been busy doing a lot of physical stuff around the house this week so that'll be why I lost the 4lb. No doubt next week I'll lose nothing and that's what I'll get for bragging this week. :rotfl:

Anyway, hope the rest of you are all still heading in the right direction.

Never heard of 'koftas' before AH....think I might give them a go, even I can do that, lol.

Mazzers, what's the peanut butter you have? I could do with something else to stick in the cupboard as a crispbread standby when I get fed up of cheese.

Good luck with the start of your induction guns....and will we be seeing you bright and early tomorrow sweet? :D By the way what colour did you end up with? :D

Well I'm spending today lifting a bedroom floor and running sky cable and cat6 cable to the room. If I can't persuade OH to go in the crawlspace under the house I will have to spend hours with a roller pole, a hook and some string so wish me luck. (No way am I going under the floor. And yes, before you all start....I would fit! :rotfl:)
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    Been quiet today, has everyone gone and got a life?
    It's good, this not wanting food malarky :D
    Hi Mazzers.

No life just decorating.

Very impressed with your new found motivation. It's brilliant, you always sound so cheerful when you're sticking to LC & you beat yourself up something rotten when you don't. :D

We had visitors last weekend & although I gave them sandwiches, roast potatoes, rice & wraps (not all at the same meal obviously :rotfl:) I wasn't tempted & stuck to LC. I was very pleased with myself although rather a lot of alcohol was consumed on Saturday night & I wasn't quite so pleased about that. :o

Congratulations on your first stone aliasjo - a real achievement.

Thanks for the article Dr_DiNg_DoNg. Very interesting. My cholesterol is slightly higher than I'd like it to be (5.7). My GP believes it's hereditary rather than anything lifestyle related so it will be interesting to see if it's down next time I have a test.
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    4 lbs off this week which means I've lost my first stone today. *cue fanfare, applause and all manner of cheers*. :D

:j:starmod::staradmin_party_:dance::Tcartwheel.gif?t=1266746705

There you go. Well done, that's fantastic!!

Just thinking, one of these days we'll all be lcing in sync, there's always someone being naughty!! :whistle:
  • gunsandbanjos
    Options

Good luck with the start of your induction guns....

Thanks honey, i'm sitting here with a decaff coffee made with a little double cream contemplating breakfast. I weighed myself this morning and it was scary. I aim to lose 1.5 - 2 stone:o
    Well done on your first stone, that is a great achievement :T
    Just thinking, one of these days we'll all be lcing in sync, there's always someone being naughty!! :whistle:

Well hopefully it wont be me being naughty, if it is i will have nothing to wear as none of my thin clothes fit me currently:eek:
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • crafty_gal
    Options
    alia
    hey a stone off well done I tried for months trying to get a stone off (before low carb)
    I have 7 stone plus to lose....lost 10 lbs these past 2 weeks!!!
    We always want more ......i surpose once we have made our mind up to lose weight we are all so impatient...

I had a bad week last week ..made mistake of buying salted peanuts......."once you pop you cant stop" well I couldnt any way.

Oh dear its my birthday on the 2nd ......maybe i'll bake a low carb cake ....not done any bread or cake thingeeee low carb yet..
  • crafty_gal
    Options
    Aliasojo
    oh ment to say very impressed with all that cable running underfloor etc.. can you

hang doors?
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lol crafty, that's the one thing I wont do. I have done in the past but I was so paranoid about getting the framing right and the door lined up just so, that it took me ages and although the end result was good, I don't really want to repeat the experience. :D
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    edited 21 February 2010 at 1:06PM
    Options
    Lol crafty, that's the one thing I wont do. I have done in the past but I was so paranoid about getting the framing right and the door lined up just so, that it took me ages and although the end result was good, I don't really want to repeat the experience. :D

Alias.. will you marry me ;)

Better still, come be my lodger, less commitment :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family