Comments

• mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    edited 26 April 2009 at 5:03PM
    Options
    Its dead in here today, where is everyone:confused:

Was rummaging through the old thread and came upon this curry recipe

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-butter-chicken

And these bhajis to go with it, not tried yet but will try it on my day off, Wed

Bee's Onion Bhajis:

You need:
    200g ground almonds
    4 eggs, separated
    100ml double cream
    3 medium onions, cut in half and very finely sliced
    1sp salt
    2 green chillis finely chopped (seeds removed if you prefer)
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp cumin seeds
    1/2 tsp turmeric
    Roast the cumin seeds in a dry, medium hot pan until they start to smell fragrant. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
    Mix together the ground almonds, cumin seeds, turmeric, salt, baking powder and chopped chillis.
    Beat in the egg yolks and cream.
    Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the almond mixture.
    Separate the onion slices and gently fold into the almond batter a third at a time until all the onion is incorporated.
    Cover the bottom of a frying pan with groundnut oil to about half a centimetre depth and put over a low to medium heat.
    Using a dessertspoon, fry spoonfuls of batter on both sides until deep brown and crisp.
    Serve hot and sizzling straight from the pan sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander and chopped fresh mint.
  • U4EA_2
    U4EA_2 Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    Options
    Well, it's all good here. As I said, I was pretty tired/grotty yesterday but stuck to no-carbs anyway. I woke up this morning feeling very hungry, but not tired. Rather than eat, I just sat in front of the laptop for the first half of the day and didn't eat. No physical activity so it wasn't bad. I find a final period of total caloric restriction is a good way of completing the carb detox. Anyway... I finally ate at around 13:00 - meat, oil and veggies with a single slice of mango. I felt great afterwards, lots of energy. I just ate again 10 mins ago (a huge chicken salad) and I still feel great. Very few calories and no carbs - as a day should be. Mission complete.

The amount of time I sleep at night will now start to decrease and my energy levels will increase. And I will lose a load of fat.
    "So, I've decided to take my work back underground... to stop it falling into the wrong hands..."
  • newish2this
    newish2this Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm here:D
    Don't know why I did a grin cos I feel far from that:rolleyes:
    Went out last night on a works do..... now paying for the 2 bottles of wine i drank:o

Worst part is, I'm working a night shift tonight and I start in 1 hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
    If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.:whistle:

My way is Atkins;)
  • mazzers
    Options
    I'm here:D
    Don't know why I did a grin cos I feel far from that:rolleyes:
    Went out last night on a works do..... now paying for the 2 bottles of wine i drank:o
    Worst part is, I'm working a night shift tonight and I start in 1 hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Oh dear, i do sympathise.

I will never again go out drinking when i have work the next day, the last time i did, it was agony as i get sooo tired the day after drinking. I am being nagged to go out on Mayday but i am working on the Tuesday so, no way:p
  • mazzers
    Options
    Anyone here??

th_229.gif
  • newish2this
    newish2this Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    Anyone here??

th_229.gif

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Love it!!!
    Still here but just on my way out through the door for the deaded shift!!:(
    Only usually work one shift a week but doing tomorrow night too:(

I hope someone comes to keep you company soon mazzers;)
    If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.:whistle:

My way is Atkins;)
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    Ted_Hutchinson Posts: 7,142 Forumite
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    Anyone here??

th_229.gif
    Here's a tasty crustless quiche video that I thought looked very nice and would be very Low Carb friendly.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    I'm here chat.gif but it looks like alias & Mercy have gone awol!! hidesbehindsofa.gifhidesbehindsofa.gif

mazzers, that curry sounds lovely :drool: Makes me hungry even though I've had a big dinner already :rolleyes:
  • ~daisy~_2
    ~daisy~_2 Posts: 2,566 Forumite
    Options
    im here :)
    :j MFi3 wannabee :j
    mortgage owing 04.07 £36,000
    mortgage owing 07.10 £0 !!!!
  • mazzers
    Options
    I'm here chat.gif but it looks like alias & Mercy have gone awol!! hidesbehindsofa.gifhidesbehindsofa.gif

mazzers, that curry sounds lovely :drool: Makes me hungry even though I've had a big dinner already :rolleyes:

Thought it might get you back on the straight and narrow..

Like the new avvy btw
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport