Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• HC_2
    HC_2 Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    Also for the non cooks out there, if you make a bacon cheese n leek omelette (or whatever) they keep fine in fridge for couple days and warm up lovely in micro, good emergency food.

Is it not rubbery? Cannot imagine a 2-day old omelette warmed up in microwave!
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    HC wrote: »
    Is it not rubbery? Cannot imagine a 2-day old omelette warmed up in microwave!

Lubberly more like. usually eat next day and they taste the same to me. prob be the same after three days i imagine.:D
  • HC_2
    Options
    Fair enough. But why would you cook one in advance? To take to work? I'm based at home, and that's why I've been more successful this time on LC. I can imagine taking an omelette to work and microwaving it, at a push. When I worked in business, I found it so so hard to find a decent packed lunch. All those who do have my respect! It's not easy.
  • mazzers
    Options
    HC wrote: »
    Fair enough. But why would you cook one in advance? To take to work? I'm based at home, and that's why I've been more successful this time on LC. I can imagine taking an omelette to work and microwaving it, at a push. When I worked in business, I found it so so hard to find a decent packed lunch. All those who do have my respect! It's not easy.

Yeah, for work, or brekkie so i dont have to rush.

Last time i did atkins at brekkie colleagues would see my bacon onion cheese tomato and mushroom omelette and drool.. really

not much different to the fudge really, both made with eggs and cream and thats nice next day.
  • HC_2
    Options
    I must try Mercy's fudge!
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    Well Im still in the naughty corner although I was very good all daay yesterday! It was a meal out with a mate Ive not seen for ages. Havent done anything mad but I did have the meal without any "adjustments".
    Had fish chips and peas and yes-the fish was battered-not many chips thankfully. It was a Harvester and yet again I had the free icecream. So-yes-Im bad but back on track tomorrow!:eek:
    I dont think my bad habits are doing me one bit of good as I was carp at the gym yesterday-though I had worked all day-maybe that was why-maybe I expect too much of myself. Had a "rest" today which will spur me on tomorrow in all directions I hope.:p
    Thinking of eating at work Ive taken in a box of eggs and a basin to make scrambled eggs in the micro a few times. My "best" basin for this is an Xmas pud one-the eggs don't stick to them-so I always keep the old Xmas pud basins. I took in my ham salad and sprouted beans yesterday. Ate the ham for teabreak so popped out lunchtime for a quids worth of corned beef to go with it. Well-this naughty corner is getting cramped-Im getting out of it tomorrow-anyone else wanna escape from it?:rolleyes:
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • jumpingjackd
    jumpingjackd Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, just had a quick look through the past few pages to catch up as ive not been around. Welcome to new ones. Im away for the weekend so Im going to try and be as low carb as I can. Chinese buffet so should be ok. I think its the wine and vodka I'll need to watch. lol. OH is sticking to it well so shouldnt be too bad although he had a few rums tonight.
    Alias hope it goes well for you, know where you're coming from. We've been through pretty bad times and even being together can still be very lonely. This will be our first night away together in ???? years and we booked a holiday this year, no kids. :eek: Good luck.
    Dont know how but I've managed to drop 2 sizes. Yippee.
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hum, well I'm still maintaining exactly the same weight. My diet has got notably worse (though I still wouldn't call it poor) - I do usually end up having a piece of bread every other day, and my veggie sushi contains some rice. There is more opportunity for booze, but I stick to once per week and choose spirits. I'm generally more active so I think the change in diet is balanced by that - hopefully meaning that I get more toned and healthy with it.

Would be nice to lose some more though...
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • mazzers
    Options
    Morning all, a quick log in before work, managed to lose another half pound (TOTM) making exactly seven in all, not very good all in all but cant complain.

Well done on going down two sizes jumpingj, and enjoy you weekend away.

Think of me stuck in work all day:p
    Looks like its gonna be another lovely day.. see you later
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    For all the coconut lovers out there.. Can you tell me if the block of creamed coconut is what you've been referring to when you say you eat it by the spoonful, cos i always used to use it and have some in fridge and is yummy, got 3.2g carbs in a 50g sachet.

Also for the non cooks out there, if you make a bacon cheese n leek omelette (or whatever) they keep fine in fridge for couple days and warm up lovely in micro, good emergency food.

No, it's the tub of coconut oil, it has 0g carbs :) and is solid at room temp. I've been making the choc candy from it and it is quite nice. Hits the spot when I want something sweet but very little carb content.

3 tblsp coconut oil
    2 tblsp ground flax
    2 tblsp unsweetened coconut
    2 teasp cocoa
    sweetener if required

put in dish, put dish in bigger dish of hot water, melt and mix together. change proportions to your liking. I like a lot of flax as it gives it a slightly biscuity texture. Good way to get fibre.

shykins posted it first and I think she put peanut butter in too.

pop into ice cube trays and refridgerate or freeze.

When set, pop out of trays into lidded container and keep in fridge.

Got a lot on today, hoping to be back from shops by 2pm. We all need ambition!

Think about your food choices ladies, and drink plenty of water! I always find that more difficult at weekends so I'm making a special effort to clean up my act :) Refuse to buy bottled water so will have to be canny :rotfl:

TTFN

Mx
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure