We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Bank Charges OFT Test Case Discussion

Options

Comments

• lindilou39
    Options
    hi every1

little bit worried my court date was on the 9th august but had a letter to say my charges were stayed until further notice blah blah, and did'nt realise i still had to go to court so i did'nt, does any1 no if my claim will be struck out or not shall i phone the county court xx sum advise wud b great help thanks x
    phone the court.
  • katiemand
    Options
    i have recieved back dated bank statments from my bank and have realised i have paid £1600 charges in the last 6 years. what do i do next?
    ta
    katie
  • Diesel_Princess
    Options
    I entered a claim online through moneyclaim back in July and got as far as sending in the bailiff as the bank did not offer any defence. However, since the test case was entered this has now been set aside. I have been given 7 days to either vary or set it aside...................... can any one advice as to what the best form of action I should take and what I need to do. This has already cost me over £100 so I don't want to stop now.
  • smithe836
    Options
    Hey all, i'm just wondering if anyone has any idea when the test case is due to finish?

Also i was recommended through a friend to a site called bank-smart who deal with claims for you, all you have to do is request the forms and send them back after signing them and they'll send you an internet login for the site, it seems really easy as they post all the progress online so you can check it, the only bad thing is that they take 10% of the money recovered. i'm hoping they can do everything for me coz when this test case came out everything just went to hell!!!!!!!!
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    Ends end of JAN 2008, if no-one appeals.

The company can do nothing that you cannot do, as all cases are stayed. How do you know who they are? Will you get your money? Main thing is not to pay for anything up front. 10% is cheaper than others i have seen, but have you read all the small print.

As only one letter is needed to start the case going, and it will then be put on hold and paid out if we win the test case, why do you need someone to do this for you?

10% for one letter and a website telling you its on hold seems a waste of money to me.
  • moonflower_2
    Options
    I have recieved a leter fron the court to say that my case has been struck out? What does this mean? WIll I still get my charges back?

I have also placed this with the FO on the 31st July 2007 as I am claiming on the grounds of hardship, the FO have said that they will fast track the case,fast rack started on the 4th Ocober 2007.

How long will this take anyone any ideas. Does this mean that the FO will be unable to handle the case now as I am worried and dont know what to do next.Any help and advice would be very welcome.The claim is with HSBC for the sum of £4500.
    SPC £500 well will try very hard.

GC £6.16/£150
  • lindilou39
    Options
    moonflower wrote: »
    I have recieved a leter fron the court to say that my case has been struck out? What does this mean? WIll I still get my charges back?

I have also placed this with the FO on the 31st July 2007 as I am claiming on the grounds of hardship, the FO have said that they will fast track the case,fast rack started on the 4th Ocober 2007.

How long will this take anyone any ideas. Does this mean that the FO will be unable to handle the case now as I am worried and dont know what to do next.Any help and advice would be very welcome.The claim is with HSBC for the sum of £4500.
    If your claim has been struck out then thats it....you get nothing back...for what reason did it say your claim was struck out??
  • techspec
    Options
    moonflower wrote: »

You cannot have the claim in 2 places at the same time, ie court and the FOS.

If court found out about the FOS, then that would be grounds for a stike out.

Similarly, if the FOS found out about court, they would throw it out too.

As the previous poster said, what reason was given?
  • Rocketron_3
    Options
    This may well be the wrong place to ask this question, but I'm new to all this.
    Am I able to claim for charges on an account that was open 4-6 years ago, but is now closed ?
    Any input will be gratefully received.
  • techspec
    Options
    Rocketron wrote: »
    This may well be the wrong place to ask this question, but I'm new to all this.
    Am I able to claim for charges on an account that was open 4-6 years ago, but is now closed ?
    Any input will be gratefully received.

Yes, you can still claim up to 6 years back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport