Options

Comments

• LongTermLurker
    LongTermLurker Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nicko33 wrote: »
    How about to prove that you ARE that existing customer
    As I said, you give them your account number, they open the account and send the details to your home address that they already have on record. I have multiple accounts with several banks and I have only had to go through money laundering requirements once per bank. If you are an existing customer they have no need to verify your identity because that has already been done.
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • nicko33
    nicko33 Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    That sounds promising. Did you walk out the door with the account number and sort code or is that going to be sent?

Is it 12 individual payments or 12 months from the start of the first payment so you can can you put a payment in towards the end of the month then another on July 1 to get £500 in there straight away similar to the Lloyds one?
    Yes, got sort code and account number straight away.
    It is 12 month term from date of opening, so you need to open it late in the month to do what you want (but not so late you don't get the first payment in before month-end).

Depends which Lloyds one you mean.
    the withdrawn 8% fixed let you deposit an extra £500 payment in the first month, so you had 250+500, + 11x250
    I don't know about the current Lloyds regular as they were too low interest rate to bother looking at.
  • Rob_07
    Rob_07 Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After initial problems th9is morning at around 8:30 trying to open the account online i applied later at 10:30 and 15 minutes later checked online banking and the account was open with my first £250 payment! Talk about service :) If only the isa opening process could of been as quick as this!
  • Frugality_2
    Frugality_2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Can this be opened online even if you are not an existing Barclay's customer then?
  • Rob_07
    Rob_07 Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Frugality wrote: »
    Can this be opened online even if you are not an existing Barclay's customer then?

Can only be opened online if you are an existing customer as you have to enter the sort code and account number of an account that you hold with them so that they can obtain your personal details, adress etc. This is probably why it is so quick to open for existing customers as they already have your details

So if you don't hold an account with Barclays you will need to open it in branch, taking 2 forms of ID

Hope this helps
    Rob
  • Dagobert
    Dagobert Posts: 1,625 Forumite
    Options
    Although it states the T&Cs state that deposits can be made from external accounts, existing Barclays current account customers who apply online must specify initial and regular funding to be taken from their Barclays current account.

I presume that they will take the initial payment immediately and set up a SO. Presumably, the SO can be cancelled afterwards and payments made from external sources.
    Dagobert
  • LongTermLurker
    LongTermLurker Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just looking at the website, am I right in thinking that new customers won't be able to manage or view this account online? There's a note at the bottom of the page that says something about online access only being available o Barclays current account holders who have registered for online banking. Not a major worry I guess, as Barclays have branches everywhere.

Will be quite novel having a passbook again - not seen one of those in oer 10 years!
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • mr_fishbulb
    mr_fishbulb Posts: 5,224 Forumite
    Options
    Rob_07 wrote: »
    So if you don't hold an account with Barclays you will need to open it in branch, taking 2 forms of ID
    Does anybody know what forms of ID they accept?

Thinking of opening an account.
  • Paul_Herring
    Paul_Herring Posts: 7,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anybody know what forms of ID they accept?
    I would assume http://www.personal.barclays.co.uk/BRC1/jsp/brccontrol?task=popup1group&value=7551&target=_blank&site=pfs would help here.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I cant live without the online access so will apply for one of their no-fee current accounts first then open the regular saver once thats all up and running.

Hopefully it should be good to go by July 1.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure