PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style vs the USDA head-to-head challenge...

Options

Comments

• funkyfunkymonkey
    funkyfunkymonkey Posts: 2,727 Forumite
    Options
    weezl

I know this is stating the obvious, but the pate was delicious. OH loved it too and both little monkeys tried some and said they would eat it. They were having chicken soup for lunch whilst we had toast and pate. 1 little monkey then decided to have pate on her bread to go with the soup.

So, a resounding success all round. OH commented on what a lovely texture and said he'd quite like brandy in it next time.

Thanks again for your recipes. :T

FFM :)
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Its lovely isnt it FM!! I had brandy in mind & it was yummy! Very smooth!! Mind you with all that butter a definate treat me thinks!!
    Well pepys I can now officially confirm that Mr & Mrs Weezle are real people and lovely cos we met up for coffee this am! Very odd as it is a bit like preparing for a date (bet neither noticed I had shaved my legs!!) and a bit nervy but we chatted away (& got in various people way!!) for a good hour and a half!
    Mrs Weezle is very organised & I hope will give me some top tips but we didnt get to that as discovered bizarre things in common so chatted happily away about various things! Lovely to meet up & I hope Mrs Weezle will come on later to say she enjoyed it & is now able to confirm the delicious nature of the pot bread for herself!!
    Mind you I was (my lovely riends) lead astray and my GB has gone slightly awry with a piece of goats cheese which cost a bloody bomb (Can you remember how much it was Mrs W - the shock has erased the actual mount from my brain!) !! Luckily it was a rare treat but next time I'll go for the not so hungry me slice Mrs W!! Had to resist the "f*** h*** how much" that went round my brain!! Was trying to be on my best behaviour after all!!
    SO dear readers Mr Weezle is very tall as stated and is slim but not starving. I do feel (& told him) that its most unfair that he gets to eat so much and be slim while 5ft nowt me puts on a stone by the mere thought of a cake! Much amusement had by Mrs Weezles organisational skills (my cheeks hurt with the laughing!) and I am a tad concerned by the obvious obsession to own a number of freezers (mine is full before you ask!!). Mad as a hat but I like people that way!! Mrs Weezle sort of looks like the avatar but I would say she looks softer in real life - hard to explain!! Shame I was unable to persuade them to come & dig my allotment (very generous offer I thought!) but I am now owed an organisational lesson! Mind you I dont think I will ever get to the stage where I can actually work out how long a pot of marmalade lasts!! Poor Mr Weezle...he must try not to giggle at times!! Mind you can you tell me how long my marlite will last. SInce makng HM bread I seem to be getting through a lot!! I'll try & find info re nuts for you!! Speak soon!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• shaz_mum_of__2
    shaz_mum_of__2 Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    Options
    Haven't tried the potato bread but do a lovely one with leftover rice added not that you'd know it just disappears into the bread its for a BM will dig out and post later

Could you use instant mash for the potato bread bought some because it was really cheap at lidl but can't stand it
    we went out for sunday lunch today for 4 it was £20 its really nice and you get loads but i couldn't help thinking what i could cook for £20 OMG:eek:

i am obsessed!!!!

Shaz
    Shaz
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    Shaz I dnt see why you couldnt use the smash stuff but probably wouldnt taste as nice as real pots! Canunderstand the shock at 20 - my piece of cheese was 4 odd & I nearly fell off the floor!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• shaz_mum_of__2
    shaz_mum_of__2 Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    Options
    Weezl

Have you had tesco value caramel wafers,mr weezl might not waste away if he had chocolate!!

40p for 5 they taste a bit like taxis dont get asdas ones though.yeeuch

Shazx
    Shaz
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    Breakfast muffins – readers digest recipe

Makes 12 muffins

85g (3oz) plain wholemeal flour
    150g (5 ½ oz) plain white four
    2 tsp bicarb of soda
    pinch salt
    ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
    55g (2oz) dark molasses sugar
    30g (1oz) wheat germ
    170g (6 oz) raisins
    225g (8oz) plain low fat yogurt
    4 tbls sunflower oil
    1 egg
    grated zest ½ orange
    3 tsp orange juice

Preheat over to 220 c / 400 F/gm 6
    Grease a 12 cup muffin tray – eash should measure 2 ½ - 3inch approx cup
    Sift both flour, bicarb, salt & cinnamon in a bowl using any leftover bra into the bowl & then stir in sugar, wheatgerm & raisins and make a well in the centre.
    Lightly whisk yogurt, oil & egg then add orange juice & zest. Pour this into try ingredients and stir enough to moisten the ingredients but do not beat or overmix.
    Spoon the mix into the muffin tray equally amongst the cupe. Bake for 15-20 mins or until well risen and just firm to touch. Leave to cool. Best eaten fresh but can be kept in an airtight container for up to 2 days.

Each muffin has: 180kcal; 4g protein; 5g fat (1g sat fat); 31g carbs (of which 17g sugars) & 2g fibre. Contains vitamin B1, B6, E, Calcium, iron, selenium & zinc!

Recipe as promised but cant promise its yummy as havent made it but looks like it may help with the healthy cals..will hunt out the recipe for flax seeds - thought they were in this one but it wasnt, although dont see why you couldnt add some!!

• In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    ooo just noticed a typo but as its funny will leave it in!!! pmsl!

• funkyfunkymonkey
    funkyfunkymonkey Posts: 2,727 Forumite
    Options
    ooo just noticed a typo but as its funny will leave it in!!! pmsl!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

But what should it be???

FFM :)
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    Sift both flour, bicarb, salt & cinnamon in a bowl using any leftover bra into the bowl & then stir in sugar, wheatgerm & raisins and make a well in the centre.

Well ingredients as stated but no need to use a leftover bra! Should have been BRAN!! Hope that helps!

• In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    Found the recipe for millett and its also got linseeds in it - cereal bars which have sunflower & pumkin seeds too. Would people like me to post it? 160g each and 10g fat! That should put some meat on mr wheezles bones! Let me know if you want the recipe!! Got vit A,B1, B6, E copper & zinc....

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure