Spectos/Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options
After 600 pages of discussion on the Royal Mail Monitoring and Postal Panel thread, it seems like the time has come for a new thread to be created.  Not because any of the discussion there is redundant (far from it) but because the contract for running the survey will shortly be passing from Kantar to Spectos (in conjunction with YouGov).

As such, it seems to make sense to have a new thread, which has links to sign up for the new Spectos panel, rather than the old (seemingly shortly to be decommissioned) Kantar panel.  For any discussion relating to the existing Kantar/Royal Mail panel, please use the existing thread for that.

If you would like to sign up for the new Spectos panel, just click on the link below and follow the instructions. There’s some additional information on the website about the requirements and rewards, albeit some questions still remain unanswered - hopefully time will provide answers to these and will be provided in the discussion which follows.

https://mailagents.uk/
Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,968 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread @Money_Grabber13579.

The previous thread can be found here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/79549634.

PS The MSE forum team have agreed to this thread being started.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for this.   I,ve decided for various reasons not to sign up for this at this time but will stay tuned to this thread in case my circumstances change and I can rejoin later.  It will be interesting to follow any practices which vary from the Kantar  scheme.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've just sent my first Spectos bundle off today.  Nothing will happen because of the postal strike but I did my bit and 35 points added.

The barcode on the bundle didn't scan so I had to enter the code manually but the rest worked - picked up the postbox location and filled in the date and time.

Nothing in the app to tell me whether more bundles are on the way so I'll just see what arrives next.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • HonestJohn
    HonestJohn Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 13 October 2022 at 10:51AM
    Options
    NBLondon said:
    I've just sent my first Spectos bundle off today.  Nothing will happen because of the postal strike but I did my bit and 35 points added.

The barcode on the bundle didn't scan so I had to enter the code manually but the rest worked - picked up the postbox location and filled in the date and time.

Nothing in the app to tell me whether more bundles are on the way so I'll just see what arrives next.
    I can't get the barcodes to scan either. I think there is a problem with the app. My phone scans barcodes with other apps okay.
    Strangely if I use one to scan the bundle QR code I get a different number to the printed one.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
  • XDA
    XDA Posts: 388 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I couldn’t scan the QR code on the bundle I had to post either so it’s definitely an issue with Spectos.

“Hardware: The parts of a computer system that can be thrown out of the nearest window!”
  • curtisjk
    Options
    I had the same issue with the bundle barcodes when posting, but not had any issues with other barcodes (received sending bundles, received test items)
  • HonestJohn
    HonestJohn Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't scan any barcodes with their app. Needs some work imho. Probably only tested it with iphone 14 :smile:
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
  • XDA
    XDA Posts: 388 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    curtisjk said:
    I had the same issue with the bundle barcodes when posting, but not had any issues with other barcodes (received sending bundles, received test items)
    Same here. I could scan the QR code on items received, just not on items to post.
    “Hardware: The parts of a computer system that can be thrown out of the nearest window!”
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah same problem here - QR codes won't scan. I actually think typing in the short code is quicker anyway than trying to line up the barcode with the camera by the postbox.
    2020 Wins:
  • Poppy21
    Poppy21 Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes I’ve had no luck with the barcode’s. I hope the process becomes quicker using the app as often I’m in a hurry and just want to quickly post and get on my way!
    I’ve posted and received and do prefer the sealed envelopes to post, as well as the stating item received. The rfid also comes in sealed envelope for you to return - no extra points for this.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback