Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SkinnyH
    • By SkinnyH 29th Dec 19, 8:09 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SkinnyH
    No POPLA Reference Code provided
    • 29th Dec 19, 8:09 PM
    No POPLA Reference Code provided 29th Dec 19 at 8:09 PM
    Hoping someone can help. I received a rejection letter from a PPC in response to the template appeal letter for BPA and IPC members I recently sent.

However I have just noticed that the rejection letter I received does not include a POPLA Reference Code in the space provided for one in their letter.

In this letter, dated 02/12/2019, it states that “the appeal must be received by POPLA within 28 days from the date of this response”. I make this 30 Dec 2019 (tomorrow ).

I know I have cut this very fine, but does anyone know what should I do?

Many thanks in advance.
Page 2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 30th Dec 19, 4:48 PM
    • 26,583 Posts
    • 43,667 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    The search was to find past examples of this PPCs failure to issue POPLA codes not for an easy copy and paste template. Quote the incidences in your own complaint.

Surely you don't need to copy someone else's words?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Dec 19, 4:25 PM
    • 80,674 Posts
    • 95,208 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Just search the forum for Steve Clark and email him, in your own words, attaching a copy of the rejection letter with the blank space where he POPLA code is meant to be.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • SkinnyH
    • By SkinnyH 15th Jan 20, 1:45 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SkinnyH
    Debt Recovery Plus
    Some advice please.
    I have just received a letter (dated 7.1.2020 but only received yesterday 14.1.2020) to pay the parking charge, now £149, by 21.1.2020. Letter states if I don't pay DRP will recommend to their client (the creditor: PTL) that they take court action against me.

With this, I was about to follow up with my complaint to the BPA and DVLA (re not receiving a POPLA code), and at the same time update them about the letter from DRP. [B]BUT[B] I have just found that the email did not get sent

Now not sure what to do.
    Have I now missed the boat with my complaint to BPA and DVLA, which I was hoping would result in PCN being cancelled?
    Would I be better off just biting the bullet rather than having to end up going to court to fight this, which I guess I have no guarantee of winning and would then mean the cost to settle likely increasing significantly?
    Thanks in advance!
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 15th Jan 20, 1:53 PM
    • 6,253 Posts
    • 8,277 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    No, complain now anyway

Noone gives a toss about DRP.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Jan 20, 2:28 PM
    • 19,591 Posts
    • 24,983 Thanks
    KeithP
    I have just received a letter...

Now not sure what to do.
    Originally posted by SkinnyH
    It's a debt collectors letter.

Post #4 of the NEWBIES thread offers comprehensive guidance on how to deal with debt collectors letters.

To summarise that post - ignore debt collectors letters.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,174Posts Today

8,343Users online

Martin's Twitter