IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Lots of PCNs Received from CEL !

Options
Hi Guys

I received multiple PCNs from CEL. I recently received court letters for one of them. And ive submitted an acknowledgement online for this PCN. Im struggling write out a defense because Ive misplaced the initial PCN, apparently I need the PCN to post online so somebody can help me write out a defense. So I will be making a SAR request. However, they can take up to 30 days to provide the information and this is way too long. Im worried I will not be able to write out a defense or a half descent defense at least. Anyhow I will make a request of 7 days

I feel stuck. Im not sure what I can do. Maybe I should just pay up. Im not sure if I even have a leg to stand on to be honest :( HELP !!

Anyway, here is my SAR request to CEL below

Date: 06/04/19
My address PCN Ref: Blank
Data Protection Compliance Officer
Claimants address

Re: Subject Access Request - General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

I am writing to formally make a Subject Access Request for a copy of all information about me to which I am entitled under the General Data Protection Regulations (2018). Where applicable, this should also include all information and correspondence relating to my vehicle Blank

Please supply all the information about me which I am entitled to under Article 15 of the GDPR.

Please note, you must comply with my Subject Access Request without undue delay and at the latest within 7 days of receipt. The time limit starts from the day after you received this request (whether the day after is a working day or not) until the corresponding calendar date in the next week.

If you require any further information from me, to comply with my request, then you may contact me at the above address, by email Blank or by telephone on Blank
Yours faithfully,

Name

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the time limit is 30 days , not 7 days , otherwise yes email the SAR to the CEL DPO asap

as for a defence , read the ones in post #2 of the NEWBIES sticky thread , especially the ones by BARGEPOLE , and adapt one

it is unlikely that you will receive the reply to the SAR in time , so the defence has to take account of this aspect by allowing for it

and please note , there is no S in DEFENCE
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I received multiple PCNs from CEL.
    How many have you received?

How have you racked up so many?

Roughly (month/year) what is the date on each ticket?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You say you have received a Claim Form.

What is the Issue Date on your Claim Form?

Did it come from the County Court Business Centre in Northampton, or from somewhere else?
  • shmy
    shmy Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    as for a defence , read the ones in post #2 of the NEWBIES sticky thread , especially the ones by BARGEPOLE , and adapt one

Thanks REDX I will certainly do the above. But Im unsure which defence would fit my incident or what grounds I have to appeal on? Also do you know CEL email address?
    Roughly (month/year) what is the date on each ticket?

Umkomaas the first occurred on the 06/18, the second and third occurred on the 10/18 (days apart)
    for the 2nd and 3rd PCNs the payment machine was out of order. 3 in total.
    Did it come from the County Court Business Centre in Northampton, or from somewhere else?

KeithP I have sent of the acknowledgment. I have up to the 22/04 to submit my defense. It came from Northampton
  • KeithP
    Options
    Then without the Issue Date I will just say...

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as suggested here:
      Print your Defence.
    1. Sign it and date it.
    2. Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    3. Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    4. Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    5. Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defence received". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    6. Do not be surprised to receive a copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire, they are just trying to put you under pressure.
    7. Wait for your DQ from the CCBC, or download one from the internet, and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
  • shmy
    Options
    Issue date 20 Mar 2019
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    But Im unsure which defence would fit my incident or what grounds I have to appeal on?
    It's NOT an appeal. Why are you asking? You've been advised to use bargepole's version as your base, like everyone does, then just add your facts (why not read some other claim/defence threads and see how other newbies handled that)?

It is really easy once you start.
    Also do you know CEL email address?
    Again, why? You are not sending a defence to CEL, and if you mean an address for a SAR, the NEWBIES thread tells you exactly how to find the DPO email addy of any PPC, by Googling two acronyms.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    edited 16 April 2019 at 3:39PM
    Options
    shmy wrote: »
    Issue date 20 Mar 2019
    Yes, you are almost right with your Defence filing date.

With a Claim Issue Date of 20th March, and having done the Acknowledgement of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 23rd April 2019 to file your Defence.

That's nearly two weeks away. Loads of time to produce a good Defence, but don't leave it to the very last minute.
  • shmy
    Options
    Hi guys

Thank-you for all the information so far.

Im struggling to find a suitable defence to tailor. Can I post/send some images of the car park in question? In the hope that somebody can point me towards a defence.
  • KeithP
    edited 16 April 2019 at 12:03AM
    Options
    There are several examples of Defences linked from post #2 of the NEWBIES thread*.

In particular, look at those concise Defences written by bargepole, but Redx suggested that in the first reply you received.

It's really difficult to be more specific as you have told us absolutely nothing about the alleged parking incidents.

*there is a link to that thread in one of my earlier posts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure