Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 25th Feb 19, 6:01 PM
    • 15,550Posts
    • 52,935Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffy's 30 Month Plan
    • 25th Feb 19, 6:01 PM
    Buffy's 30 Month Plan 25th Feb 19 at 6:01 PM
    Hello All,

I have been here for a really time, got out of debt twice and then got in debt again! It is like a hobby.........a really crap limiting unsatisfying hobby!

Currently I am 4841 pounds in debt, don't own a house and have about 1000 across very various accounts for insurance, Christmas, the Summer etc.

In thirty months I aim to have paid off the debt, have 10,000 saved up - some in a help to buy ISA (6000) and some in various saving accounts.

Ideally I will have more savings, but the 30 months is effectively 200 for the debt and 200 for the house, the debt will be paid off before that and then that gets saved somewhere.

This will be achieved by August the 25th 2021.

Well.
    That is it. There is the plan.

Love Buffy XXX
    Sealed Pot 12 - 008, 365, 1p a day, 1%, 100 days, Saving to be out of debt!
Page 9
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th Apr 19, 2:22 PM
    • 62,666 Posts
    • 271,530 Thanks
    beanielou
    Buffster~~I really dont know what to say.
    Other than we both know change is needed.
    How to achieve this I have no clue xxx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 16th Apr 19, 4:08 PM
    • 15,550 Posts
    • 52,935 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    I think if I am honest being back at work soon is a good thing. I put enormous pressure on myself to achieve things in the holidays and this means I never get a break. The level of expectation from Mum and myself is huge.

I think swimming will be good, work will be good and if I finish my room tomorrow that will be great.

I still have this horribly anxious feeling. But I did have high hopes for the holidays.

Hey ho.

XX
    • RosaBernicia
    • By RosaBernicia 16th Apr 19, 6:41 PM
    • 3,842 Posts
    • 11,503 Thanks
    RosaBernicia
    Buffster~~I really dont know what to say.
    Other than we both know change is needed.
    How to achieve this I have no clue xxx
    Originally posted by beanielou

Oh Buffy I am sorry - what Beaniei said, and big virtual hugs, and moggie cuddles. I also agree a chat with your GP would be good.

One thing about your earlier comment though, will you get the same benefit from going swimming with your mum as if you get time there on your own?

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016
    MFW progress 6% ...
    Campervan loan progress 20%

• Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 16th Apr 19, 7:55 PM
    • 15,550 Posts
    • 52,935 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Oh Buffy I am sorry - what Beaniei said, and big virtual hugs, and moggie cuddles. I also agree a chat with your GP would be good.

One thing about your earlier comment though, will you get the same benefit from going swimming with your mum as if you get time there on your own?

Rosa xx
    Originally posted by RosaBernicia
    I don't think so. But we do get on pretty well really so it might be ok and she really wants to go. She loves swimming.

I can't remember if I said before but I joined the library and have joined a book group on Meet ups.

I also rejoined a couple of dating sites. GRIM. My GOD so grim.

I am trying.
    God I am trying.

oooo I got an email about a shared ownership flat near me. I don't earn enough, nor do I yet have a deposit but the estate agent said (standard e mail) that others have lower requirements. So they are out there.

I have to ring the doctors, despite being there they weren't taking appointments. All a bit stupid.

XXX
    • Pooky
    • By Pooky 16th Apr 19, 8:36 PM
    • 6,867 Posts
    • 44,666 Thanks
    Pooky
    Pleased you're looking at the shared ownership schemes, sign up to them all, you'll find something. It's a great first step out of where you are and into a new life.

And yes, a chat with the Dr would be a good thing. Anxiety is just hideous, I'm just about keeping mine under control at the moment as soon as my brain switches into over drive I try and read a chapter of my book or pop my shoes on and head out for a brisk walk with some loud music on. Can see a real link with mine and hormones (but also stress and there's bucket loads of that here at the mo)

Just be kind to yourself, you're lovely x
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 17th Apr 19, 7:46 AM
    • 4,212 Posts
    • 25,440 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    You are pushing forward on many fronts. None of them easy. Well done.
    17/4000
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 17th Apr 19, 10:27 AM
    • 15,550 Posts
    • 52,935 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    I am feeling a bit better. Much less anxious.

Just thought I would pop in and let you all know. I don't know why exactly.
    Maybe the sunshine.

xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th Apr 19, 12:13 PM
    • 62,666 Posts
    • 271,530 Thanks
    beanielou
    So glad that you are feeling lest anxious xx

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 17th Apr 19, 3:05 PM
    • 4,663 Posts
    • 40,556 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Pleased that today is a good one Buffy
    NST April #11 nsd = 11 1 debt vs 100 days #5 553/553 Pay all your debt by Xmas '19 #56: 997.60/5750
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 17th Apr 19, 6:12 PM
    • 15,550 Posts
    • 52,935 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    I am still feeling ok, Did some serious decluttering - two boxes of CDs and DVDs sold to Music Magpie and Zifit (one would take one thing and not the other,) In theory it would be about 35 quid in total. And I sold some unwanted dog food too for 15 quid.

I also have about 6 bags for the charity shop and a box.

Plus a few other things to sell. I appreciate selling is not for everyone and I can't say I love it but realising how crappy my situation I really must bring as much as I can.

XXX
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th Apr 19, 6:58 PM
    • 62,666 Posts
    • 271,530 Thanks
    beanielou
    A productive day then xx

***Keep plodding***
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 17th Apr 19, 7:10 PM
    • 7,022 Posts
    • 50,967 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Glad you're feeling a bit better xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2019 201.59
    Weight loss 7.5/9LBS
    Emergency Fund 3260/10,000
    • RosaBernicia
    • By RosaBernicia 17th Apr 19, 8:42 PM
    • 3,842 Posts
    • 11,503 Thanks
    RosaBernicia
    Glad you're feeling better. Sun, swimming and decluttering... go you, all good

What is it about the dating sites that's grim?

Are you going to stick your sales profits in the HTB?

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016
    MFW progress 6% ...

• Honeysucklelou2
    • By Honeysucklelou2 17th Apr 19, 8:52 PM
    • 1,558 Posts
    • 7,788 Thanks
    Honeysucklelou2
    Well done on the decluttering, sounds like you've had a busy day.
    paydbx2019 #93 572.38/10,100 .
    School trips 1016/1269..
    EF 210
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 17th Apr 19, 10:33 PM
    • 15,550 Posts
    • 52,935 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    I will put the sales money in my emergency fund...One of my "things" was to raise a 1000 during the year. I had sort of forgotten about that.

the dating sites are just lacking any talent at all. I listened to Decluttering at the speed of light today and it was so interesting. Really good book.
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 18th Apr 19, 9:52 AM
    • 15,550 Posts
    • 52,935 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    So one good day and then back to feeling a crushing weight on my ribs.

I think I know why. Stupid little brain. The Crush came home yesterday from his holidays. So yesterday I was full of the hope - not that "I" acknowledged this anywhere.

Today we are back to the he hasn't texted he isn't going to text it is all over and I just want to be back at WORK and not left alone with my own bloody stupid thoughts. BRAIN SHUT THE !!!! UP OK?

I honestly don't think I could be more utterly FURIOUS with myself.

He is !!!!ed up little bunny of a man and God knows as much as I like him I don't need anyone else to be responsible for. This is a good thing. It is. IT IS.

I just thought he was right for me in so many ways. I thought I could have loved him. He was funny and kind and really wanted to make a difference for our students. oh !!!! off.

And underlying all this is the depressing state of my life so I suppose he did represent an escape from that.

I am allowed to be disappointed.

I deleted him off the phone this morning all the messages and pictures everything. I hate feeling like this. I want to feel better. And stop looking at my phone every five minutes. I am switching it off for a bit.

I actually feel like running away. And crying. A lot For God's sake!

But I m going out to lunch in a couple of hours. Then it will be back to de-cluttering. I was going to take the stuff to charity today but I don't think I will have time. I still have two underbed boxes to go through and another mysterious box of God knows what in the wardrobe. Do you know I found a box of perfume - as in candle, perfume, cream etc yesterday! Never even knew I had it...

I will be so much happier back at work. What a waste of a holiday.

So sorry to come on here and be like this. Thank you for being here, honestly not looking for sympathy today just needed to vent.

XXX
    • Honeysucklelou2
    • By Honeysucklelou2 18th Apr 19, 10:00 AM
    • 1,558 Posts
    • 7,788 Thanks
    Honeysucklelou2
    Vent away....it's better to be able to articulate your thoughts and express them in some way.

Hope you have a good time when you go out for lunch.
    paydbx2019 #93 572.38/10,100 .
    School trips 1016/1269..
    EF 210
    • Pooky
    • By Pooky 18th Apr 19, 10:25 AM
    • 6,867 Posts
    • 44,666 Thanks
    Pooky
    Yay to the decluttering, I hate the selling side of things too but needs must. I've got tons of stuff boxed in the garage ready to do a boot sale in a few weeks time. Whatever is left will go to charity but I need my chance of making a few quid first,

As for crush, the feelings will fade and it's great that you've admitted to yourself that he's not perfect and was a bit of an escape plan. You will find your happy ever after, you've just got to be ready for it.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
    • RosaBernicia
    • By RosaBernicia 18th Apr 19, 6:12 PM
    • 3,842 Posts
    • 11,503 Thanks
    RosaBernicia
    Oh Buffy you are allowed to be disappointed and to vent and to shout and to whatever. Including to like and love !!!!ed up little bunnies (which as far as I know is most of us, it's just a case of finding one whose !!!!-ups fit with your own).

I hope you had a good lunch out.

Did you call the doctors? Not meaning to nag, but.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016
    MFW progress 6% ...

• Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 19th Apr 19, 6:56 PM
    • 15,550 Posts
    • 52,935 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Vent away....it's better to be able to articulate your thoughts and express them in some way.

Hope you have a good time when you go out for lunch.
    Originally posted by Honeysucklelou2
    thank you XX It was a nice day in the end.

Yay to the decluttering, I hate the selling side of things too but needs must. I've got tons of stuff boxed in the garage ready to do a boot sale in a few weeks time. Whatever is left will go to charity but I need my chance of making a few quid first,

As for crush, the feelings will fade and it's great that you've admitted to yourself that he's not perfect and was a bit of an escape plan. You will find your happy ever after, you've just got to be ready for it.
    Originally posted by Pooky
    I hope I do Pooky. I really hope I do.

Oh Buffy you are allowed to be disappointed and to vent and to shout and to whatever. Including to like and love !!!!ed up little bunnies (which as far as I know is most of us, it's just a case of finding one whose !!!!-ups fit with your own).

I hope you had a good lunch out.

Did you call the doctors? Not meaning to nag, but.

Rosa xx
    Originally posted by RosaBernicia
    thank you Rosa XX Means a lot to be "allowed" If that makes any sense!

I had a lovely day yesterday. The friend I met up with is so good to me. Today was not so good real low point this morning. But it has improved. I have removed 10 bags of donations from my room. The lady in the charity shop was lovely and the other woman there came in cos she wanted to know what I was on cos I was so happy! I was just being me, I think I just like people and being around people.

I then went out and treated myself to some fish. For my tank not for dinner! Tho I am off to get that in minute. The guy in the fish shop was lovely as well, he gave me some free fish

xxx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,061Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin