Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • madlyn
    • By madlyn 23rd Aug 18, 10:42 AM
    • 641Posts
    • 103Thanks
    madlyn
    Weight loss/healthy eating help
    • 23rd Aug 18, 10:42 AM
    Weight loss/healthy eating help 23rd Aug 18 at 10:42 AM
    I need some help/guidance with healthy eating which I hope will lead to some weight loss.
    I am soon to be 44, 5ft 6", around 83kg and nearly a size 16.
    I don't have a very active job, around 50% of my day is spent sat at a computer.
    I try to be active by doing HIIT workouts and I also like to be outdoors walking the dog.
    But over the last 6 months I have lost my way with my eating habits, I crave savory stuff, pasties, crisps etc.... and up until a few weeks ago my evening meal portions size had become huge. But I have since swapped to a smaller plate.
    I eat breakfast of either porridge or honey nut flakes, work lunch is usually some sort of pasta then an evening meal. I graze on fruit and nuts during the day and try to drink a litre of water a day, although I do like a fizzy drink.
    My main issue is I cannot bare felling hungry and as a result a tend to go for the bad stuff to combat this.
    So I need some help food wise, I have looked on Amazon at the healthy eating books but that just confused me. I don't want a strict diet that is all faf and no fun, just simple advice that works and will give my my confidence back.
    So any advice on books, apps, websites or anything else would be wonderful.
Page 6
    • BananaRepublic
    • By BananaRepublic 14th Sep 18, 2:50 PM
    • 1,217 Posts
    • 888 Thanks
    BananaRepublic
    "Eats like a sparrow"

If the sparrows in my garden are typical, the above means eat as much as possible as often as possible, especially my seedlings and beetroot leaves ... No wonder 'our' sparrows bounce around full of the joys of life. The little rascals discovered that by sitting on veg netting, their weight would push it down such that they could nibble the beetroot leaves through the netting.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

57Posts Today

2,714Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin