Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tuckervennie
    • By tuckervennie 19th Mar 18, 3:10 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 4Thanks
    tuckervennie
    Should I wait for NTK given the signs were there?
    • 19th Mar 18, 3:10 PM
    Should I wait for NTK given the signs were there? 19th Mar 18 at 3:10 PM
    Hi all, I have read through the previous questions, so apologies if I have missed something similar.

I know the advice is to wait for the NTK if the company was an IPC member, but I need to know if it is worth me even doing this, given that the signs were there and the driver was in so much of a rush that they simply didn't look. Is this one of those cases that should just be paid up and not bother trying to appeal?

Many thanks
    Last edited by tuckervennie; 22-03-2018 at 5:44 PM.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Mar 18, 3:32 PM
    • 57,335 Posts
    • 70,935 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Mar 18, 3:32 PM
    • 19th Mar 18, 3:32 PM
    Is this one of those cases I should just pay up and not bother trying to appeal?
    Show me such an option listed in the NEWBIES thread? LOL, there is no such case.

NO-ONE in their right mind, sponsors this 'outrageous scam'* industry of 'bloodsuckers'* by paying them any money, except for actual small (normal) parking fees.

Which PPC is bothering you like an unwanted disease?

* Hansard 2.2.18
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• tuckervennie
    • By tuckervennie 20th Mar 18, 2:48 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    tuckervennie
    • 20th Mar 18, 2:48 PM
    • 20th Mar 18, 2:48 PM
    Thanks for your response on this. Tomorrow is the deadline for the 14 days to get the 'reduced' fee of £60. It is UK Parking Patrol Office and to be fair they had some pretty big signs up it seems, but it was dark, the driver was in a rush, it was 8:45 in the evening and I guess the driver just thought it would be ok, although this is City Centre Manchester.
    Last edited by tuckervennie; 22-03-2018 at 5:45 PM.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 20th Mar 18, 2:52 PM
    • 3,180 Posts
    • 4,207 Thanks
    waamo
    • 20th Mar 18, 2:52 PM
    • 20th Mar 18, 2:52 PM
    This outfit is rather court shy at the moment http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Parking_Patrol_Office.html
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Mar 18, 2:57 PM
    • 57,335 Posts
    • 70,935 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th Mar 18, 2:57 PM
    • 20th Mar 18, 2:57 PM
    Tomorrow is the deadline for the 14 days to get the 'reduced' fee of £60.
    Luckily, there is no deadline to claim the MSE discount of 100% !

You are lucky, so relax:

Unlit signs, from a chancer that does not do court, and you are in Manchester where (if a claim did happen in the end) the Judges know about PPC 'outrageous scams' (Hansard, 2.2.18) and repeatedly bend over backwards to help consumer Defendants!

No paying this bunch, take you eye right OFF the 14 days trashy bribe.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 20-03-2018 at 3:00 PM.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• tuckervennie
    • By tuckervennie 20th Mar 18, 3:38 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    tuckervennie
    • 20th Mar 18, 3:38 PM
    • 20th Mar 18, 3:38 PM
    Aside from everything the person in question is self-employed and could do without the £200 outlay, but also don't need a court judgement against their name either. I know they are court shy, but luck would be that on this occasion they go for it.
    Last edited by tuckervennie; 22-03-2018 at 5:47 PM.
    • FingersLily
    • By FingersLily 20th Mar 18, 3:48 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    FingersLily
    • 20th Mar 18, 3:48 PM
    • 20th Mar 18, 3:48 PM
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT worry about BOTH PCNs.

I am definitely not an expert but the people who post on here are. I have worried myself sick about PCNs in the past but I certainly will not ever again!

Follow the advice given and you will be fine. I have successfully had 5 PCNs cancelled so far & I have helped 2 others do the same.

DO NOT PAY EITHER OF THESE. AND CERTAINLY DO NOT WORRY - You will not be adversely affected by any of this.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 20th Mar 18, 3:54 PM
    • 3,180 Posts
    • 4,207 Thanks
    waamo
    • 20th Mar 18, 3:54 PM
    • 20th Mar 18, 3:54 PM
    You only get a ccj lodged against you if you go to court, lose and then don't pay when a court orders you to.

Even if it went to court (which is highly unlikely) costs are strictly limited. Not only that you would then have to neglect to pay promptly. If you cough up within 30 days you don't get a ccj. There is in essence no record of it.

The parking company themselves won't know and won't care where you were parked be it in a bay, out a bay or next to a performing elephant with a huge parking sign on its back. Claims are issued using a standard template with these firms.

They are far more likely to go for repeat "offenders" who have racked up hundreds in fees rather than an isolated parking case. The risk to potential reward makes it far more sense to chase big money. Looking at their figures they don't even risk that.
    This space for hire.
    • tuckervennie
    • By tuckervennie 20th Mar 18, 4:11 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    tuckervennie
    • 20th Mar 18, 4:11 PM
    • 20th Mar 18, 4:11 PM
    Really appreciate your advice on this and I will not do anything for now.

If it goes all the way and someone ends up having to pay, could they still get it for the £60 or would it be £100 by that point and no alternatives?

Also the next event will be the NTK right and then just continue to ignore?
    Last edited by tuckervennie; 22-03-2018 at 5:48 PM.
    • FingersLily
    • By FingersLily 20th Mar 18, 4:15 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    FingersLily
    Have you looked at the NEWBIES thread? You don't want to ignore this. Follow the advice exactly to the word. I did this recently and, as a result, the parking company dropped the charge before it even went to appeal.

Read the thread very carefully & follow it very closely.
    • tuckervennie
    • By tuckervennie 20th Mar 18, 4:18 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    tuckervennie
    I did initially, but I will have a look again. Thanks.
    Last edited by tuckervennie; 22-03-2018 at 5:48 PM.
    • FingersLily
    • By FingersLily 20th Mar 18, 4:23 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    FingersLily
    I did initially when I received it, but I will have a look again. Thanks.
    Originally posted by Rfryer
    Cool. I'm not trying to be awkward by saying that but it really does give you all the advice you need. As I said, I followed it & was successful. Again!
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 20th Mar 18, 4:24 PM
    • 8,426 Posts
    • 32,711 Thanks
    ampersand
    Please, op - take your hands off your ears and listen, and ACT on the advice here, nothing else.

FingerLily is doing her bit and she's a success newbie:-)))))
    Don't make her cross.

This Forum shouts louder than silly private parking scumpanies.

You need to re-read everything here so far - and the newbies advice.
    For good measure, you and stepson should be doing this together.

If I can make a fair guess at your names, christian and family, so can the scumpanies. Remove sthg from #1 right now.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• FingersLily
    • By FingersLily 20th Mar 18, 4:26 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    FingersLily
    Thanks ampersand but I'm a bloke. I understand why you referred to me as 'she' - Lily is a girl's name after all but it's a nickname in my case.

Just wanted to clear that up!
    • tuckervennie
    • By tuckervennie 20th Mar 18, 6:57 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    tuckervennie
    Thanks Ampersand. All done.
    Last edited by tuckervennie; 22-03-2018 at 5:49 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Mar 18, 8:36 PM
    • 57,335 Posts
    • 70,935 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I don't want him to end up with a court judgement against his name
    As others have reassured you neither do we, and there is NO RISK of a CCJ just by following the NEWBIES thread and appealing once to UK Parking Patrol Office, when a trashy NTK arrives.

Use the template appeal in the NEWBIES thread for both of your cases.

Then do what everyone else here does quite happily v any IPC member; sit tight and ignore the eejits, only updating them if either of you move house. The purpose of telling them in writing about any address change being to make sure you both see ALL letters over the six years that any company can sue anyone (highly unlikely and STILL no CCJ just gets plonked on anyone's record, even if the Defendant loses).

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 20th Mar 18, 8:51 PM
    • 36,621 Posts
    • 82,942 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    OP, you urgently need to edit post 6 to remove information about who parked. Only ever refer to The Driver(s) and the Keeper(s), who are two completely different people.

Do this before you do anything else!

The NEWBIES thread is quite clear about this, so you really do need to read it thoroughly, several times, and act on the advice given.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 20th Mar 18, 9:53 PM
    • 2,606 Posts
    • 3,262 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    some thing to look at .....

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

this is the debate our MP's had ...

and some of their comments from the debate

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.

Ralph
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 21st Mar 18, 12:05 AM
    • 8,426 Posts
    • 32,711 Thanks
    ampersand
    FingersLily - mes excuses:-)))
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• tuckervennie
    • By tuckervennie 10th Apr 18, 2:45 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    tuckervennie
    Update

Just had the following response from UK Parking Patrol in Manchester:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your communication regarding the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Please be advised that the time in which to submit a challenge has now expired and access to the Independent Appeals Service is no longer available.

However, in order to resolve the matter, I will offer the following comments as to why this PCN was correctly issued and is still payable:

The site in question is subject to terms and conditions, which are stated on signs throughout the area. Those signs clearly state: !!!8220;Parking Is Restricted To Vehicles Displaying A Valid Ticket Only!!!8221;.

On 08/03/2018 the vehicle was observed parked without the appropriate ticket.

Under Section 10, Right to prevent processing likely to cause damage or distress.

(1) Subject to subsection (2), an individual is entitled at any time by notice in writing to a data controller to require the data controller at the end of such period as is reasonable in the circumstances to cease, or not to begin, processing, or processing for a specified purpose or in a specified manner, any personal data in respect of which he is the data subject, on the ground that, for specified reasons-

(a) the processing of those data or their processing for that purpose or in that manner is causing or is likely to cause substantial damage or substantial distress to him or to another, and

(b) that damage or distress is or would be unwarranted.

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply-

(a) in a case where any of the conditions in paragraphs 1 to 4 of Schedule 2 is met, or

(b) in such other cases as may be prescribed by the [F1 Secretary of State] by order.

However, as per the Information Commissioner!!!8217;s guidelines you have no right to object to the processing of your data if -

!!!8226; You have consented to the processing;

!!!8226; The processing is necessary:

in relation to a contract that the individual has entered into; or

because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract;

!!!8226; The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies to you (other than a contractual obligation); or

!!!8226; The processing is necessary to protect the individual!!!8217;s !!!8220;vital interests!!!8221;.

We believe that your request falls into the above category.

You suggest that we cannot process your data as you were not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the contravention and you cannot be held liable for the parking charge as the registered keeper of the vehicle as the Notice to Keeper is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 for several reasons.

I enclose a copy of the Notice to Keeper which does show it is compliant with the above statute.

!!!8226; The period of parking is clearly referred to.

!!!8226; The discounted period was stated on the Notice to Driver placed on the vehicle. No discount is required to be given on the Notice to Keeper.

!!!8226; Access was given to the Independent Appeals Service on the Notice to Driver. Reference is made to this on the Notice to Keeper.

Furthermore, at no stage have you detailed how you believe our actions are likely to cause substantial damage and/or distress.

Therefore, considering the above, we believe we have full authority to process your data and you have no valid reason to object to it.

Any thoughts???
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,236Posts Today

7,578Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin