2019 Wedding

Options

Comments

• Financialwizard
    Options
    I can now. Mr FW is taking over everything else now anyway. I am hoping the GP will start my meds this week which will help, but I am exhausted almost permanently and I know I am going to need a decent sleep the night before.

Need a bit of 'day' help. Not sure how to do this. I have to go to the hairdressers to put my veil in, which is cathedral length, been told to wash my hair the day before.

Dress has to go over my head. Need to do make up.

Do I do make up before or after getting dress on, and how the hell do I get my veil through my dress?
    Mtg Balance £147,000 : Savings £7,000 / £10,000

Getting married in October 2018 :beer:
  • kdalwayskint
    kdalwayskint Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're poorly Financial wizard, with reading about you being worried about your dad's health I was going to suggest that you thought about bringing the wedding forward.

From what I've read over the last few months you had pretty much organised and paid for the majority of your wedding already, so hopefully you and H2B don't have too much to do now.

What's dress number 3 like? Have you decided on one your happy with?

The order of what happens when dress, make-up, hair and veil, sorry I have no idea! I'm not having a veil so that's one less thing to worry about. Not sure if I'll have my hair put up at my hair dressers or if I will do it myself yet, but I think for me I will go hair, make-up then dress.

I went to work today, I've been off since 18th April, I'm doing reduced hours and having Wednesday off as that's the day my MRI scan will be. I'm still not 100% but I need to be earning money!

I'm going to make contact with the lady at the preferred venue tomorrow and see if we can get back on track, I feel a bit jittery that we're nearing a year to go and nothing is booked, where a couple of months ago I thought we were all systems go!

Much love to all x
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • Financialwizard
    Options
    Thank you KD.

Not that long for us now, which feels weird. I am wearing dress 3 which is a £54.99 quiz dress (oh the irony). I actually think I am not going to wear a veil now. I am getting irritated with the length of it, and I beginning to think that a nice head piece would be a better option instead.

• Charleyalmostking
    Options
    Don't knock Quiz! I brought my wedding dress from there for £40! , FW.
    Maybe the hair piece would be better if it would annoy you - wouldn't be a nice day if you weren't comfortable.

Hopefully you can get back on track, KD. I'm sure having a year would be fine.
    Hope things go smoothly for you from here and out x

We're doing ours just short of a year. We don't really care who turns up but it's the money we're worried about. I want a veil but not sure how it works and don't know what to have written on the back as you can have some words ironed onto it.

I'm also peeved off, I got sent home yesterday from work with a tummy bug and currently feel so bad,
    I'm going to miss 2 possibly more (my ears are sore as if a ear infection is coming) days of pay.

Too much to save for.
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • Financialwizard
    Options
    Bless you Charley. Hope you get better soon x

• kdalwayskint
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a Quiz frock, was one of the first dresses I looked at, it was beautiful but not right for me :)

Hope you feel better Charley x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • Charleyalmostking
    Charleyalmostking Posts: 148 Forumite
    edited 21 June 2018 at 9:32AM
    Options
    Ah fair enough.
    i've upped my half of savings to £3,000.

I'm looking for another more traditional wedding dress,
    I am going to wear the blue dress but at the reception.

I was in a bad frame of mind when we first started planning as i had tones of family drama so i felt like i didn't deserve the dream wedding i want so i was just buying the first cheap dress i saw as it sorta just wanted to get the wedding done so i can happily live my life.

but now, my M.O.H has made me think brighter and I'd like to have all of the 'bride-to-be' experiences such as dress shopping; even though i may not find one i like it'll be fun as she said we'd make a day of it and she's sorting the hen do out when we book our date.

I just don't want to regret not doing certain things before or for the wedding.
    Not that it matters too much but i never thought i'd ever get married in the first place
    as I had 2 bad relationships, didn't feel confident & had bad depression which made me feel so low and undeserving of love .

I'm still off work, I went to the emergency doctors in the early hours and they gave me tramadol for the intense pain & worked out a time schedule for me to take pain relief & tablets to ensure they work better for me.

So I'm feeling a little... drugged up at the minute lol
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • Financialwizard
    Options
    Bless you, I am in 'screw it' mode and am trying to book a photographer. Am also having my make up done on the day now too.

I still feel !!!!!. GP has put me on thyroxine because I have little to no thyroid activity and I am also anaemic so have the joys of iron tablets too.

I have a wedding dress to sell (well 2) and a veil, and if I am really honest I don't have the motivation to do so.

• kdalwayskint
    Options
    :grouphug:Hugs all round for us 3 at the moment then Charley and Financialwizard :grouphug:

I hope tramadol does it's thing for you Charley, I felt no difference at all when I used it a few weeks ago, I didn't even feel drugged up or sleepy!

I had my MRI yesterday, the letter I got about the appointment mentioned that I may have to have an injection of dye, got myself a bit worked up about it as I hate having needles! Turns out I was worried about nothing, didn't need it! I won't get the results for a couple of weeks when I go to the follow up with the consultant at the hospital.

No wedding update to report, H2B said he wants to make sure I'm more mobile before we crack on with things. I'm secretly still in planning mode though :rotfl: and have thought if everything gets booked up we'll just go with a Registry Office do and use the village hall, we'd considered doing that early on in the discussions about what we could afford.

Catch you soon x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • Financialwizard
    Options
    Definitely hugs all round. I think we are all going through the mill.

Feeling better today so far, I am hoping that this will long continue but it is each day as it comes!

3 months 10 days to go. Sooooo excited :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family