Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 2nd Mar 18, 11:40 PM
    • 580Posts
    • 1,701Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    2019 Wedding
    • 2nd Mar 18, 11:40 PM
    2019 Wedding 2nd Mar 18 at 11:40 PM
    I was looking for a post for any 2019 weddings but couldn't find one!

We've been together since May 2009 and engaged since January 2010. H2B got a nice bonus at Christmas so now is able to pay for his divorce and have a nice amount to go towards the wedding. I'm saving my half.

I think we are aiming for a budget of 3000 but going to save around 4000. We're hoping to have all the money saved by December.

We've been looking at venue's and other things we're being realistic and not booking anything until the divorce comes through, but hoping we'll know exactly what we want so that we can get on and book things when it does.

Hoping to catch up with any other 2019 brides/grooms

April
    6th - KDC

May
    24th - kdalwayskint
    25th - elleJay42

June
    29th - SavingAFuture

September
    7th - IvysMom
    20th - apricity

October
    5th - Devonbiker
    18th - Cookieie
    19th - Roo89

November
    7th - BeckyAP
    30th - pinkflump

December
    30th - FanDango
    Last edited by kdalwayskint; 26-10-2018 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Added dates :)
    Saving for Christmas 2018 ~ 287.46/365
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    Car Fund 108.60/5000 ~ Bank of Mum 5000/5000 done
    DFW Nerd #1155
    LBM 25/2/09 Debt at highest 8,037.35 now 0
    Credit Card 2000/2500
Page 9
    • apricity
    • By apricity 13th Sep 18, 9:08 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    apricity
    Aha thanks, raffysinson.

I've purchased a new dress.... A WHITE ONE!!
    but this time i'm keeping it secret from the f.h
    Last one in the sale and in size 16 (im usually a 14, but in Quiz, 16 fits snug)
    and was only 40 ... I just hope it fits like i want it to . other wise i'll be sticking to my blue dress.

this weekend we are going to choose 1 of the 2 photographers we have short listed.

next thursday would mark 1 year
    SPC #609 - 9.09
    EF - 105
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 14th Sep 18, 8:47 PM
    • 580 Posts
    • 1,701 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    Hi everyone

Apricity - there's plenty of time to lose a couple of pounds to fit into your new dress, I've been losing about a pound a week for about 4 weeks and my dress is fitting much better, I think a couple more and I'll be happy with the fit I'm usually a 14 but my dress is an 18! I'm sure they do it to make you feel bad!

We've had the menu options from the rugby club so we'll be looking through those this weekend.

I've been playing with the invitation template, I'm happy with all the wording, I just want to see if I can adjust the layout a bit, I'll have to power up the laptop to do that, work has been too busy to have a sneaky look at work

We have found some pictures of cakes, I just need to print them and give to my cake lady, H2B wants chocolate cake with chocolate ganache, cake lady says it will have to be one of the smaller tiers but he thinks more people will want chocolate cake than lemon or Bakewell so he wants the chocolate cake to be the biggest tier so he's rethinking the ganache idea!

We'll have to have a chat about when to give notice, think I need to make a list for wedding chat Sunday

How's everyone getting on?
    Last edited by kdalwayskint; 14-09-2018 at 8:50 PM.
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    DFW Nerd #1155
    Credit Card 2000/2500
    • apricity
    • By apricity 16th Sep 18, 8:16 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    apricity
    mhmm, me & my fiance are trying to go more healthier , starting this week. We've been saying it for months but now I'd love to actually start loosing weight. Especially now the wedding is creeping up ... Okay, i know it's a year and a bit away but theres too much to do lol

Ohh Foood! I hope the food is tasty and to your liking.

I'm not sure what to do about food. We were going to have a pizza bar with a few side items & a dessert / candy bar. A little nervous as there's almost 90 people on our guest list.

aw that's good , what style are you going for? I was trying to make my own but i'm not good so i'll probablly use vistaprint to make ours .

that cake idea sounds fancy and amazing.
    I hope you & him figure the cake out soon.
    not even started to think about cake yet!!

How did the wedding chat go?
    And do you do wedding chat weekly or just when stuff pops up? I feel like i talk about the wedding alot with my fiance.

Today , I have chosen our photographer and she's avalible for both days. I have to wait mid-week to get deposit information and things off her - the ball is Offically rolling!

Getting my bridal party sorted now too.
    SPC #609 - 9.09
    EF - 105
    • BeckyAP
    • By BeckyAP 17th Sep 18, 4:15 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    BeckyAP
    Hello,

Gosh I'm so bad at keeping in touch.
    We've (I have) found the photographer and got her booked - a bargain price as well.
    Cake lady has been found and she's also offering a really good deal - more money for the honeyemoon!

When it comes to invites etc. I got put onto this amazing website - https://www.gettingmarried.co.uk/
    You can host your free wedding website on this site and it can hold RSVP information, accommodation info for people travelling etc.
    I'm loving working with it at the minute.

I seem to work in fits about the wedding - do a lot and then forget, then do a lot more...Need to find the make up artists next I think.

Oh and venue open day on the 30th which I'm looking forward too!!
    • apricity
    • By apricity 17th Sep 18, 9:08 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    apricity
    My new wedding dress has been dispatched but won't arrive until wed-sat.

Ordered a love heart chalk board so guests can use my camera as a photo booth and write messages etc. I was going to pay someone for a photobooth but now I'm going to use my DSLR camera on a tripod and get props and an amazing tapestry for the background .

Not sure how to do that like, just give everyone their photos after or get a printer so they can print out.
    Was going to use my sister's ipad but i'd have to buy a printer for that anyway for like 100+

i use zola but not using it just to invite though as some of my family aren't tech smart. As it were.

I used to just take it slowly but now I've got too much to do and now am starting to freak a little.
    SPC #609 - 9.09
    EF - 105
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 18th Sep 18, 9:19 PM
    • 580 Posts
    • 1,701 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    We didn't really do wedding chat this weekend, H2B was out Sunday afternoon. We went out for tea on Saturday evening and talked a little bit about it. We introduced wedding chat Sundays as we found it was all we were talking about and we felt like it was taking over our lives! H2B is the one more likely to talk about it on other days though. If we need to talk about it on other occasions we just do but let the other one know when we've had enough I talked about the invitations last week

Photoshoots are shockingly expensive I thought when I had a look. We thought about doing something ourselves, there are apps that can do it, but I'm wondering if it's too much of a faff!

We've got 8 months and 6 days to go sometimes I think we've got plenty sorted and other times I have a panic about it

BeckyAP - I'll have a nosey at that website, thank you

I seem to go in a similar fashion, do loads then not so much!

Catch you all soon x
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    DFW Nerd #1155
    Credit Card 2000/2500
    • BeckyAP
    • By BeckyAP 20th Sep 18, 8:56 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    BeckyAP
    Apricity - that's a great idea about setting up your own camera as a photo booth style thing.
    I'd just upload them to a photo hosting site afterwards and then if people want to save them/print them off they can do it themselves and save you some money!

I was looking at the Fujix Film instant camera thing in John Lewis on the weekend. It's the wedding bundle so comes with a guest book that people can pop their photos in and sign. Nearer the time will have a look and see what the best price is.
    I originally wanted to get a whole load of disposable cameras and leave them out for people to use but I think that would get soooo expensive, with developing them as well

kdalwayskint - so long as you have the big things sorted you're fine! My OH suggested I visit a wedding fair to make sure I haven't missed anything but I'm pretty confident I've sorted all the necessities.

Also found the make up artist for my wedding day - I had to have someone else doing my make up because I wouldn't have a clue where to start! She's also going to do my mum's as well but my "bridesmaids" are happy to do it themselves - very money saving!
    • t1000k
    • By t1000k 20th Sep 18, 2:33 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    t1000k
    Where you will be ordering flowers?
    I found quite cheap flowers arrangements on avasflowers.net anyone used them?
    What do you think?
    • Devonbiker
    • By Devonbiker 24th Sep 18, 1:44 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Devonbiker
    Also getting wed in 2019
    Hi All,

Been great to read through all your experiences here.

We got engaged on the 4th of July this year and are aiming to wed Sept/Oct next year, still trying to find the venue to confirm the date.
    We are also in the middle of buying a house! Nothing like giving yourself a full plate!
    Be glad when its all done and dusted. We have considered just eloping to escape the stresses and strains and the expense!
    But, as we both only intend to do this once, we do want a 'proper' bash.
    I look forward to updating you with our progress as well as reading all of yours too
    • Cookieie
    • By Cookieie 24th Sep 18, 2:15 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Cookieie
    Hi Devonbiker,

Welcome to the group, we've similar dates!

Got engaged on the 30th June whilst in Austria for F1 & getting married 18th Oct 2019!

Let me know how you get on :0)

Rx
    • Devonbiker
    • By Devonbiker 24th Sep 18, 2:17 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Devonbiker
    I got engaged in Austria too! OH proposed at he top of Grossglockner whilst we were touring on our bikes with some friends! Shocked doesn't come close to my reaction :-D
    • Cookieie
    • By Cookieie 24th Sep 18, 2:20 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Cookieie
    Wow Devonbiker I can't believe how similar this is to mine!

Austria is certainly a special place

Rx
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 24th Sep 18, 9:33 PM
    • 580 Posts
    • 1,701 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    Welcome Devonbiker.

We have decided to give notice in October, I was trying to book the appointment online but it crashed on me a couple of times, so I'll phone them tomorrow.

Nothing else to update!

How's everyone else getting on?
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    DFW Nerd #1155
    Credit Card 2000/2500
    • apricity
    • By apricity 25th Sep 18, 8:59 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    apricity
    Hey Devonbiker & Congrats !

... my wedding is already turning into a huge headache.
    1) The white wedding dress I ordered on the 17th was meant to be delivered in store on Saturday... it's not turned up !

2) Sent 550 over to the photographer on Saturday...told me i'd get a receipt once the money is through and haven't ... unsure if it's just because she's busy or actually if it's not gone through her side (showing up as sent on my bank account)

Not planned anything else ... need my f.h to get a week day off in November or December to do our notice so I can buy/create and send invites out

So much to do, so little time now... I need to know if my mum has her birth certificate too but she doesn't seem to realize how important it is for her to look for it... I need it...
    SPC #609 - 9.09
    EF - 105
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 25th Sep 18, 9:44 PM
    • 580 Posts
    • 1,701 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    Hi
    apricity - what do you need your mum's birthday certificate for Hun? You know you can get certified copies? If you contact the register office where she was born you should be able to order a copy, probably costs about 10.
    I hope the shop can track your dress x
    Fingers crossed you get your receipt through from the photographer, how did you make the payment?

I've booked our appointment to give notice, 26th October

Just as we're back to school all the germs start flying around and I'm starting with a flipping cold, I am so fed up, affecting my ability to breathe

Hope everyone else is doing ok, health and wedding planning wise x
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    DFW Nerd #1155
    Credit Card 2000/2500
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 25th Sep 18, 9:49 PM
    • 580 Posts
    • 1,701 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    Hi Devonbiker,

Welcome to the group, we've similar dates!

Got engaged on the 30th June whilst in Austria for F1 & getting married 18th Oct 2019!

Let me know how you get on :0)

Rx
    Originally posted by Cookieie
    Just noticed your date and added you to the first post

If anyone else wants to go in the first post, let me know x
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    DFW Nerd #1155
    Credit Card 2000/2500
    • apricity
    • By apricity 27th Sep 18, 9:15 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    apricity
    Our photographer has got back and the money has gone through fine,
    She sent me over the receipt over today and only have 550 left to pay,
    wanting to pay this off with the money i have left & to pay this off first instead of just putting it straight into my wedding fund.

Still no sign of the dress - i'm in the shopping center where it was supposed to be delivered to tomorrow as i'm meeting my sister anyway for coffee , so I will pop in and inquire about where it is... it's getting ridiculous!! and i'm getting worried....

I didn't know you could ask for other people's birth certificates. I think i may have to do that.
    thank you for telling me
    SPC #609 - 9.09
    EF - 105
    • SavingAFuture
    • By SavingAFuture 28th Sep 18, 4:06 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    SavingAFuture
    Hi Everyone!
    So nice reading through all of your planning updates!! Exciting times for us all.

Me and H2B really need to sit down for a "Wed-min" session and get back on track with what still needs to be done. I know we've mostly done all the big stuff - caterer, venue, dress, photographer, hair & make-up... but I don't want to forget about all the details and small decisions like cake, menu choices, invitation design...

I think I'm on top of everything but when I actually think about it, there's still a huge amount to get done. Even if it's just agreeing not to do some things, if you know what I mean?

Now I know it's getting closer to Christmas, the fear is starting to creep in because once we're into the New Year it's only 6 months to the Wedding

But really, I can't wait! Roll on 2019
    Proudly on my debt free journey
    CC1: 0/2120.60 CC2: 1080/3239.99
    • apricity
    • By apricity 28th Sep 18, 4:57 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    apricity
    Dress update
    My dress was lost in transit,
    Quiz gave me a refund and a code to get free next day delivery.
    Managed to order a size 14 instead of 16 (I am size 14 but in some 14 dresses,they don't allow me to move easy or comfortably)

Meant to arrive tomorrow so hopefully second time lucky.
    The only reason why i chose store delivery was so my future hubby didn't see it.

I know how you feel, Savingforfuture,
    I'm getting like that though I feel okay as things are going in place and
    ordered everything from most expensive to least and in importance.
    I need a wed-min but he's accepting of everything and i have to nag him to look at contracts and stuff.
    I explained that i didn't wanna bug him but with less than a year now I want him to know where our money is going and to check if it's legit... plus he's weird and loves reading contracts.

I have 550 left to pay my photographer - will need to ask F.H if he wants me to focus on paying that off first or put whole amount in savings first. If he says i can pay it off first, i can pay 200 towards it today.

i'm not worried about christmas as my christmas gift money is already saved and separated.

Maybe , savingforfuture have a wed-min meeting every 2 weeks so then it's not constant (unless needed) but then you're talking about it.
    SPC #609 - 9.09
    EF - 105
    • BeckyAP
    • By BeckyAP 1st Oct 18, 4:28 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    BeckyAP
    We went back to our venue on sunday - they had an open day.
    It was nice to go back and see a couple of people. We also got to try some nibbles made by the caterer and they were lovely!
    We had a quick chat with the stylists that work at the venue so hopefully we can go and meet them soon.
    Still thinking about what to do for flowers - I'm not having bridesmaids or formal table settings but still want to have flowers around the barn etc.
    We're managing all our spending/saving through a spreadsheet so I can track what's been paid but also put links in for things that we've found like a cake topper or rings.

Apricity - how was the dress?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

143Posts Today

1,476Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin