Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 2nd Mar 18, 11:40 PM
    • 563Posts
    • 1,685Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    2019 Wedding
    • 2nd Mar 18, 11:40 PM
    2019 Wedding 2nd Mar 18 at 11:40 PM
    I was looking for a post for any 2019 weddings but couldn't find one!

We've been together since May 2009 and engaged since January 2010. H2B got a nice bonus at Christmas so now is able to pay for his divorce and have a nice amount to go towards the wedding. I'm saving my half.

I think we are aiming for a budget of 3000 but going to save around 4000. We're hoping to have all the money saved by December.

We've been looking at venue's and other things we're being realistic and not booking anything until the divorce comes through, but hoping we'll know exactly what we want so that we can get on and book things when it does.

Hoping to catch up with any other 2019 brides/grooms

April
    6th - KDC

May
    24th - kdalwayskint
    25th - elleJay42

June
    29th - SavingAFuture

September
    20th - apricity

November
    7th - BeckyAP
    30th - pinkflump

December
    30th - FanDango
    Last edited by kdalwayskint; 30-08-2018 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Added dates :)
    Saving for Christmas 2018 ~ 231.46/365
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    Car Fund 108.46/5000 ~ Bank of Mum 5000/5000 done
    DFW Nerd #1155
    LBM 25/2/09 Debt at highest 8,037.35 now 0
    Credit Card 2200/2500
Page 9
    • apricity
    • By apricity 13th Sep 18, 9:08 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    apricity
    Aha thanks, raffysinson.

I've purchased a new dress.... A WHITE ONE!!
    but this time i'm keeping it secret from the f.h
    Last one in the sale and in size 16 (im usually a 14, but in Quiz, 16 fits snug)
    and was only 40 ... I just hope it fits like i want it to . other wise i'll be sticking to my blue dress.

this weekend we are going to choose 1 of the 2 photographers we have short listed.

next thursday would mark 1 year
    Wedding fund: 1,609.00 / 2,500 // 891 left to save (64%)
    Piggy Bank: 28.89
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 14th Sep 18, 8:47 PM
    • 563 Posts
    • 1,685 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    Hi everyone

Apricity - there's plenty of time to lose a couple of pounds to fit into your new dress, I've been losing about a pound a week for about 4 weeks and my dress is fitting much better, I think a couple more and I'll be happy with the fit I'm usually a 14 but my dress is an 18! I'm sure they do it to make you feel bad!

We've had the menu options from the rugby club so we'll be looking through those this weekend.

I've been playing with the invitation template, I'm happy with all the wording, I just want to see if I can adjust the layout a bit, I'll have to power up the laptop to do that, work has been too busy to have a sneaky look at work

We have found some pictures of cakes, I just need to print them and give to my cake lady, H2B wants chocolate cake with chocolate ganache, cake lady says it will have to be one of the smaller tiers but he thinks more people will want chocolate cake than lemon or Bakewell so he wants the chocolate cake to be the biggest tier so he's rethinking the ganache idea!

We'll have to have a chat about when to give notice, think I need to make a list for wedding chat Sunday

How's everyone getting on?
    Last edited by kdalwayskint; 14-09-2018 at 8:50 PM.
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    DFW Nerd #1155
    Credit Card 2200/2500
    • apricity
    • By apricity 16th Sep 18, 8:16 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    apricity
    mhmm, me & my fiance are trying to go more healthier , starting this week. We've been saying it for months but now I'd love to actually start loosing weight. Especially now the wedding is creeping up ... Okay, i know it's a year and a bit away but theres too much to do lol

Ohh Foood! I hope the food is tasty and to your liking.

I'm not sure what to do about food. We were going to have a pizza bar with a few side items & a dessert / candy bar. A little nervous as there's almost 90 people on our guest list.

aw that's good , what style are you going for? I was trying to make my own but i'm not good so i'll probablly use vistaprint to make ours .

that cake idea sounds fancy and amazing.
    I hope you & him figure the cake out soon.
    not even started to think about cake yet!!

How did the wedding chat go?
    And do you do wedding chat weekly or just when stuff pops up? I feel like i talk about the wedding alot with my fiance.

Today , I have chosen our photographer and she's avalible for both days. I have to wait mid-week to get deposit information and things off her - the ball is Offically rolling!

Getting my bridal party sorted now too.
    • BeckyAP
    • By BeckyAP 17th Sep 18, 4:15 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    BeckyAP
    Hello,

Gosh I'm so bad at keeping in touch.
    We've (I have) found the photographer and got her booked - a bargain price as well.
    Cake lady has been found and she's also offering a really good deal - more money for the honeyemoon!

When it comes to invites etc. I got put onto this amazing website - https://www.gettingmarried.co.uk/
    You can host your free wedding website on this site and it can hold RSVP information, accommodation info for people travelling etc.
    I'm loving working with it at the minute.

I seem to work in fits about the wedding - do a lot and then forget, then do a lot more...Need to find the make up artists next I think.

Oh and venue open day on the 30th which I'm looking forward too!!
    • apricity
    • By apricity 17th Sep 18, 9:08 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    apricity
    My new wedding dress has been dispatched but won't arrive until wed-sat.

Ordered a love heart chalk board so guests can use my camera as a photo booth and write messages etc. I was going to pay someone for a photobooth but now I'm going to use my DSLR camera on a tripod and get props and an amazing tapestry for the background .

Not sure how to do that like, just give everyone their photos after or get a printer so they can print out.
    Was going to use my sister's ipad but i'd have to buy a printer for that anyway for like 100+

i use zola but not using it just to invite though as some of my family aren't tech smart. As it were.

I used to just take it slowly but now I've got too much to do and now am starting to freak a little.
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 18th Sep 18, 9:19 PM
    • 563 Posts
    • 1,685 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    We didn't really do wedding chat this weekend, H2B was out Sunday afternoon. We went out for tea on Saturday evening and talked a little bit about it. We introduced wedding chat Sundays as we found it was all we were talking about and we felt like it was taking over our lives! H2B is the one more likely to talk about it on other days though. If we need to talk about it on other occasions we just do but let the other one know when we've had enough I talked about the invitations last week

Photoshoots are shockingly expensive I thought when I had a look. We thought about doing something ourselves, there are apps that can do it, but I'm wondering if it's too much of a faff!

We've got 8 months and 6 days to go sometimes I think we've got plenty sorted and other times I have a panic about it

BeckyAP - I'll have a nosey at that website, thank you

I seem to go in a similar fashion, do loads then not so much!

Catch you all soon x
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    DFW Nerd #1155
    Credit Card 2200/2500
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

116Posts Today

1,467Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin