Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• Humdinger1
    Humdinger1 Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sun addict

What a shame about your earlier diary! I read the whole thing and am in awe of how you manage it all. Have subscribed to this one; I hope that your first one will be reinstated but in any case am here, cheering you on. Humdinger
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Payday :j:j

All allocated in the click of a mouse, there it was - gone!

Hello to all the new folks reading :hello:

Beanie and Pauline you put me to shame with your NSDs.

So, at the end of January my new totals are:

Emergency fund £2000/10,000
    Dining room fund £150
    VSP £123.04
    Credit card £0

Mr M delivery today came in at just under £60. Got some fab freebies - half a bottle of red wine and a can of alcohol free beer, happy days. The free red wine will be opened tonight to celebrate payday.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yay to payday SA :j

Brilliant news on the freebies too xx
    Mummytogirls x

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Hurrah to free wine and payday :D
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • 117pauline
    Options
    My NSDs are due to the fact I have had the dreaded lurgy and, of course, I hate to go out. Although I did manage to get out to meet a friend for a coffee. It was so noisy though that I found it quite upsetting.

As you know, I will have to leave where I am living although just not sure when. So I decided to open one of the bottles of wine in a cupboard. One word - vinegar!! Not even suitable for cooking. Tomorrow is another day and a different bottle.

Take care honey
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    117pauline wrote: »
    My NSDs are due to the fact I have had the dreaded lurgy and, of course, I hate to go out. Although I did manage to get out to meet a friend for a coffee. It was so noisy though that I found it quite upsetting.

As you know, I will have to leave where I am living although just not sure when. So I decided to open one of the bottles of wine in a cupboard. One word - vinegar!! Not even suitable for cooking. Tomorrow is another day and a different bottle.

Take care honey
    Pauline

LOve it :D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    So what are you hoping to do in the dining room?
    Decorating ? New furniture?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• WelshSaver
    Options
    Ah SA, so glad I found your new diary. Awful that your last one was deleted. I remember reading that from start to finish and was very inspirational for me. Well done on the weight loss :j
    Make £10 a day challenge - January 2023 = £292.89/£310 - Feb 2023 = £677.09/280 - March 2023 = £102.45/£310 - April = £300.12/300 - May 2023 = £306.80/£310 - June = £245.88/£150 - July = £295.45/£310 - August 2023 £51.56/£310
  • beanielou
    Options
    Happy Thursday.

• NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So sorry you lost your diary SA, it was one of the first I read, even if I may not have posted much. One of the ones that made me remember when I was in the depths of despair that anything is possible and that there is always hope.

So glad you started another.
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure