Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 2,955Posts
    • 19,865Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 44
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 10th Mar 18, 9:22 AM
    • 11,649 Posts
    • 162,096 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Lunch will be avocado on toast topped with poached eggs and supper this evening will be something Bean based and hopefully Mexican in flavour but not chilli. I have to find a recipe that will fit the ingredients I have in store. Digestive biscuit topped plum crumble and plain skyr for pud and of course a cup of coffee.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 10th Mar 18, 10:11 AM
    • 221 Posts
    • 4,803 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    I found a small cooked chicken leg in the freezer so will make chicken noodle soup for lunch. Tonight we're having bolognese, also from the freezer, with spaghetti and garlic bread.
    Miles walked in 2018 - 241.5/700
    • dangerbadger
    • By dangerbadger 10th Mar 18, 10:34 AM
    • 87 Posts
    • 1,630 Thanks
    dangerbadger
    Lunch will be some left over chickpea and kale curry served with green beans, and for dinner we'll have some spicy lentil soup which is currently in the slow cooker.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 10th Mar 18, 5:38 PM
    • 7,039 Posts
    • 49,315 Thanks
    kerri gt
    OH is away watching the football with a friend so I have just chucked my fav go to lazy meal when he's not about in the oven....king prawn alfredo courtesy of Iceland. Yum!
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Witless
    • By Witless 10th Mar 18, 5:57 PM
    • 624 Posts
    • 3,056 Thanks
    Witless
    Brunch was a fairly major stir fry so this evening will be tomato sandwiches,some with salad cream, t'others with mayo.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 10th Mar 18, 8:16 PM
    • 19,997 Posts
    • 53,648 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I've been in the city shopping with my lovely sis.
    Had a fab lunch at Cosmo (all you can eat).
    Star of the show was baked mango yogurt - and I'm not a 'pudding' person.
    Back in town, had a great few hours with lovely friends in the pub.
    And missed the bus home.
    So I have a 15 minute walk home instead of skipping across the road.
    And my feet are killing me.
    And I want a wee.
    Too much food at lunchtime so nothing for me tonight.
    • Gem-gem
    • By Gem-gem 10th Mar 18, 9:33 PM
    • 2,821 Posts
    • 8,335 Thanks
    Gem-gem
    Chinese stir fry with sweet chilli noodles and ys spring rolls
    2 Savers Club 2018 no 1 - to fill up the pot
    Save 12k in 2018 no. 56 - Jan 2280/6,000
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 11th Mar 18, 1:09 AM
    • 7,039 Posts
    • 49,315 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Oh no Pollycat I'm sure the walk burned off the pudding calories though silver lining and all that (hope you made it home without wetting yourself )
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Jazee
    • By Jazee 11th Mar 18, 7:30 AM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 51,912 Thanks
    Jazee
    Today I'm being taken out for Mothers' Day. We had curry last night, but takeaway, not the one DH had lovingly cooked as that ended up on the kitchen floor (well all over the kitchen really).
    Savings 2018: 1478.11
    • gt568
    • By gt568 11th Mar 18, 8:04 AM
    • 1,652 Posts
    • 2,747 Thanks
    gt568
    Roast Beef and the trimmings today.
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 11th Mar 18, 8:25 AM
    • 19,997 Posts
    • 53,648 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Kerri - yes, I did make it home OK.

Tonight will be pork loin chops in mustard and mushroom sauce (home-made), new potatoes and something green (peas, beans, maybe broccoli).
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 11th Mar 18, 8:32 AM
    • 2,550 Posts
    • 37,686 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Beef stew and dumplings here, made lemon pots in the end for pud - all prepped yesterday

Been spoilt rotten by the kids, it's a gin fest even got a card and prezzie from the kitties

Picking MIL up at 12, so early dinner for us.

Edit: soup of the week is curried Parsnip
    Last edited by Islandmaid; 11-03-2018 at 4:45 PM.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 11th Mar 18, 10:41 AM
    • 5,115 Posts
    • 38,202 Thanks
    joedenise
    We're having the jacket potato with tuna mayo which we should have had yesterday but didn't fancy - ended up with a wrap instead!

Dinner tonight will be a roast pork dinner with loads of roasted veg, mashed swede & peas. One of my favourite roasts.

Denise
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 11th Mar 18, 11:21 AM
    • 7,039 Posts
    • 49,315 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Today I'm being taken out for Mothers' Day. We had curry last night, but takeaway, not the one DH had lovingly cooked as that ended up on the kitchen floor (well all over the kitchen really).
    Originally posted by Jazee
    Oh no! what happened?

No idea tonight. OH looks like he's gonig out for the day so I guess it will be just me. Might do a pasta bake with the meatballs I made last week, then there'll be LO for the freezer too.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 11th Mar 18, 11:29 AM
    • 221 Posts
    • 4,803 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Tonight we'll be having lamb steaks, new potatoes, broccoli, carrots, yorkies and gravy accompanied by a nice glass or two of Malbec.
    Miles walked in 2018 - 241.5/700
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 11th Mar 18, 11:41 AM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 51,912 Thanks
    Jazee
    Oh no! what happened?

No idea tonight. OH looks like he's gonig out for the day so I guess it will be just me. Might do a pasta bake with the meatballs I made last week, then there'll be LO for the freezer too.
    Originally posted by kerri gt
    He had a sneezing fit as he was about to dish up so was holding the pan handle. So the curry went everywhere including over his arm. DD got the job of sorting the patient, I got the job of clearing up (I think there are still chunks of beef under the washing machine, and the curtains need to come down to be washed still), and future son-in-law got the job of sourcing the takeaway.

Have decided on chicken stir-fry and prawn alfredo for the two meals I am making this week.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 11th Mar 18, 2:36 PM
    • 11,649 Posts
    • 162,096 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    We went out for coffee this morning, very civilised.

Lunch was the last of the home made minestrone soup and supper tonight will be the other half of what I made yesterday, a carrot and chick pea tagine with chilli cous cous which was delicious.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 11th Mar 18, 5:08 PM
    • 7,039 Posts
    • 49,315 Thanks
    kerri gt
    jazee hope OH is ok and no lasting damage from covering his arm in hot curry. Hurrah to future SIL for sourcing the takeaway. Ohhh...now that makes me fancy curry tonight...after I've got meatballs out to defrost. Perhaps I'll get the curry out the freezer for tomorrow instead.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Jazee
    • By Jazee 11th Mar 18, 6:50 PM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 51,912 Thanks
    Jazee
    DH is fine. We!!!8217;ve had a lovely afternoon tea for Mother!!!8217;s Day but as DH doesn!!!8217;t have a sweet tooth he!!!8217;s starving now so is having a burger.
    • Tabbytabitha
    • By Tabbytabitha 11th Mar 18, 7:14 PM
    • 2,169 Posts
    • 3,675 Thanks
    Tabbytabitha
    Slow cooked belly pork (very cheap) with roasted root vegetables.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,518Posts Today

6,491Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin