PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Jazee wrote: »
    I've just had a fried egg in a wholemeal bap for breakfast - delicious if a little naughty.
    I've had some granola for breakfast - with dark chocolate curls, nuts and cherries :eek:.
    First time I've tried it - I've never been a cereal person, I tend to have porridge - but it was cheap in a local shop.
    Quite enjoyed it.

Lunch will be pita bread stuffed with shredded lettuce and red cabbage, sliced cucumber, tomatoes & onion and wafer-thin chicken drizzled with Ancona hot pepper sauce.

Dinner will be home made corned beef hash with sliced tiger bread spread with 'proper' butter.
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Buffalo wings!
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Slow cooker beef noodles
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,563 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Main meal at lunchtime today as DD2 and partner are coming today and don't want to be too late home. We're having roast gammon joint, roast potatoes, various roasted veggies, mashed swede, green beans & peas & gravy.

Probably just have some soup this evening.

Denise
  • flubberyzing
    Options
    A tuna and cheese panini, with coffee, from Costas for breakfast (turning into a bit of a weekly treat! I like to take a book and make an hour of it. I enjoy it so much, I figure it's worth the £6).
    I had 2 fried eggs on toast for lunch, despite not really being hungry... But I had some lovely fresh bread and eggs from Waitrose, and it seemed a shame not to crack on with eating them!
    That will probably be enough for me, as meals go. But there'll probably be snacking later on this eve.
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not sure I am allowed to copy the Gusto recipe but it was cooked Basa fish, boiled potatoes mashed together with olive oil and a few chopped spring onion. The spring greens were fried in butter with some white wine vinegar, a drop of water, put cooked fish cakes (in Panko) on top of greens, and some butter mayonnaise, (butter in fry pan, curry powder, put into little dish, add mayo, mix,) then pour over fish cakes, top with a little more spring onion. Hope this makes sense, I was not very good at making the fish cakes which is why I do not make as a rule and am not keen on spring greens either, but it all tasted very good, only ate half of pack of veg etc. and ate 2 of the fish cakes, other 2 in freezer. Look forward to the 2nd half in a few days.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    No idea tonight, I have lots of fresh veg to is up so should cook some of those perhaps with some need casserole or fish fingers, OH already eaten and I'm not that interested in food today.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Green lentil lasagne and salad.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gammon & pineapple, roasted onion & tomato, baked spud
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,403 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Jacket potato with beans, cheese and salad with a glass of white wine. Delicious.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport