PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Have a policy of 'one in, one out'.
    That tends to concentrate the mind to 'do I really want this dress/skirt/trousers?
    You buy so much stuff! Perhaps we need a new thread detailing what you give away :rotfl:
    CathA wrote: »
    Regatta coat for my grandson for next year - 99p! Gotta love Barnardos.
    Good buy! Esp as kids grow so quickly.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    You buy so much stuff! Perhaps we need a new thread detailing what you give away :rotfl:
    I have a lot of wardrobe space. :D

So - as requested - in my pile to re-donate:
    White Stuff top
    3 x linen trousers
    1 pair black trousers
    1 pair of camouflage crops
    1 short summer dress
    3 x long summer dresses
    1 short cardigan (I bought one in a similar colour but better condition)
    2 pairs of linen shorts (on long term loan to my sis)
    3 bikinis

4 pair of scruffy leggings in the bin as I've bought some new in M&S sale and moved stuff from going out to 'in the house lounging', then down to daytime scruffs.

I have a number of boots/shoes/sandals ear-marked for eBay.
  • salesaddict
    Options
    I donated several pairs of high heeled shoes to BHF charity shop today.
    It was a big deal for me finally admitting to myself that I'll never be that woman again. I'm in my early fifties now and I can no longer walk in heels or even stand still in them very well. My balance seems to be off key these days

I do feel sad abou it but I hope someone else will get the pleasure of spotting a good buy.
  • MoneysavingmadGem
    Options
    Iv found my new home!!!
    Hi im gem and im a charity shopaholic!

Although iv been in this month not bought anything yet
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Iv found my new home!!!
    Hi im gem and im a charity shopaholic!

Although iv been in this month not bought anything yet
    C-. Must try harder :naughty:

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It was a big deal for me finally admitting to myself that I'll never be that woman again. I'm in my early fifties now and I can no longer walk in heels or even stand still in them very well. My balance seems to be off key these days

I do feel sad abou it but I hope someone else will get the pleasure of spotting a good buy.

Nods in sympathy.....having decided I have a bit of Arthur Itis in a couple of toes I'm now struggling with heels but I can't quite give them up yet. Even if it's just a case of looking at the wondrous things....I have one glorious pair of 'black suede with crystals' Louboutins, (probably fake!), bought from a car booty but I just cannot bring myself to get rid of them :o
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Artytarty wrote: »
    I’m trying to go cold turkey too re not crossing the door of the chazzas!
    It’s very hard....perhaps I should start with go in but don’t buy?!
    Progressing to do not go.

I've had to stop buying, it was getting ridiculous, I still go in but now I avoid the clothes unless something really jumps out as I just don't need any for the whole of this year but I am looking for a couple of household items so I check that area.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

That's a shame. Probably better to move them out and accept it than see them everyday.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    That's a shame. Probably better to move them out and accept it than see them everyday.
    Or display them as a happy reminder of glamorous times?

• Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    It's hard letting go of something that has happy memories. I have had to think about will I ever go ice skating again, and the answer is no. I have never had a broken bone and I am too old to start now, so the boots have gone to the hospice shop. I also made the decision that I will never ride a motorbike again, too dangerous on the roads now. I donated my leathers, waterproofs, and boots to the training centre and said give them to a young person who perhaps cannot afford to buy new.

I was sad, but I have to be practical, no point in hoarding if things are never going to be used again.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills