PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Irenadler
    Irenadler Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey all

Not quite a bargain, but, mooched around a LOROS by design shop today, and couldn't resist a long navy wool & cashmere double-buttoned coat, (Windsmoor). No idea of retail price, but, this was immaculate and £20 and actually came well down my calves (tired of 'coats' that are barely knee-length on me). Lovely and warm - needed something more formal/going out that actually keeps me warm and not some flimsy bit of fluff which looks warm but is as practical as a chocolate teapot! : )
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

Dog's 'Pot o' Gold' = £23.85
    Household maintenance = 0
    Prolific Academic = £41.64
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    unfortunately and the pricer upper has fired the plastic tag thingy straight through the jersey (:mad:) causing a teeny tiny hole. Don't think it's gonna get any bigger but it does make me mad when they do that.
    Me too.
    Especially when there's a perfectly good label that they could use.

Yesterday I bought a pair of Topshop grey & black checked leggings from Age Concern.
    Had been priced at £4.49 but on the sale rail for 99p.

Anyway, these fired me up to get all my leggings out and take the long ones up, especially as I'm feeling a bit under-the-weather and not going out.
    I have 8 pair that need attention. I spent ages trying them on with different boots and pinning them up.
    I got my machine out and then realised that I had run out of black thread. :mad:
    So I texted OH to pick me some up and I'll have a go first thing tomorrow morning.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    coat sounds lovely....hope the b and h gifty sets go to people who deserve them xx

I got lucky in dr b today all skirts 49p safe to say I found 6 2 monsoon 2 next 2 with no label grrrr....one of the label less ones it black velvet acres of it never worn velvet but I liked the blackness of it....the other skirt was cherry never heared of it but it was bnwt...not bad for 49p
    onwards and upwards
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,402 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi, had my first charity shop mooch today. Bought some charity Xmas cards from £2.99 to 49p for 10 cards. Didn’t find the books that I was looking for.

(Also got 3 x 4m wrapping paper from another shop for £2.97 instead of £9.00).
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Had a quick look in my local Sue Ryder - plenty of stock but nothing that either took my fancy or was in my size so all I bought was a pack of Christmas cards that were reduced. Ah well better luck next time ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    me again went to boots sale and popped into the 2 charity shops nearby....dr b I got a lovely pair of clarks unworn shoes £4.99 and has anyone noticed cr has a hook up with primarnie ? today various tops bnwt in different sizes and a big tub of kids socks 3 in a bundle and you got 3 for a quid ....might be worth a look if like me you like a bit of primarnie xx

last but so not least a jaegar cardi longish for £2

hope everyone is getting something nice xx
    onwards and upwards
  • Pollycat
    Options
    A very nice as-new purple Boden cardigan with a silky velour mix trim down the front and round the neck and lovely buttons.
    £1.00 Air Ambulance
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    A very nice as-new purple Boden cardigan with a silky velour mix trim down the front and round the neck and lovely buttons.
    £1.00 Air Ambulance

It's a good job I don't live near your Air Ambulance shop. We would be fighting over stuff.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Pollycat
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    It's a good job I don't live near your Air Ambulance shop. We would be fighting over stuff.
    I have very sharp elbows. ;)

TBH, it's spoiling me for other charity shops. :(
    It's a clearance shop for other AA shops, anything that doesn't get sold is shipped there to be sold at £1.00.
  • foxyloxy11
    Options
    some little bowls 3 for £! to go on my dresser, some great dvds 50p and some new look skorts for my daughter £!. Also a new murder mystery jigsaw with book brand new £2.
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure