PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    love denby good find :j

not much here did get a little m and s black shrug if that's the right word in the 3 for a quid in cr I couldn't find 3 things so paid 50p must say I'm having a bit of a drought....need to get it sorted ;)
    onwards and upwards
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,692 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I've probably mentioned this before but I have the full set of Denby Greenwich, including some oval plates and other stuff that never made it into production. We live reasonably close to the factory and used to pop out a lot (before they extended it and tarted it up).
    So I probably have the same cuddly teapot.
    It's a design that has stood the test of time. We started collecting about 25 years ago.

I used to be a Saturday girl in a local Department store and one of my jobs was to dust the Arabesque stuff. I loved that design and it's probably where my obsession originated.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 January 2018 at 8:55PM
    Options
    The first Nettlebed charity sale of the year, and oh boy was it muddy! Very, very muddy. However people stayed away today so I didn't have to fight through the crowds which was nice. I spent the usual amount (about £20) and although there weren’t any jaw-dropping bargains they were all things I wanted and all very good value, so I’m delighted.

I bought:

A small food processor (looks unused!) for daughter
    A selection of lovely books for daughter’s class at school, plus three games for indoor play when it’s too horrible for the children to go outside, things like junior cluedo and Connect 4.
    New toy for 10 month old grandson - one of those wooden things with twisted wire hoops all over it threaded with wooden beads. You know the sort of thing. This one had brightly painted wooden animals on the base too, which moved through grooves. It’s lovely.
    Three new cuddly toys for Rufus the wonder dog. He’s destroyed the squeaky pheasant toy already.
    Two books for oldest daughter, hardback recipe books from Annabelle Karmel with new recipe ideas for grandson,and something called something like Eat Glow Nourish which is right up her street.
    A selection of reels of cotton for my sewing machine, some assorted knitting wools, knitting needles and a big jar of buttons.
    Five new handbags, which I wanted for the material they were made of (lovely soft leather) and the zips and buckles etc, for a craft project.
    A chrome saucepan stand (I’ve decided to change how I store my pans, to free up more space on the utility room worktop)
    4 pillowcases and a bag of Christmas printed fabric, for craft projects
    A boxed set (new) of four plain crystal wine glasses, very elegant shape, they’re lovely.
    6 large round red woven placemats - I wanted something different for the table next Christmas
    A microwaveable fabric thing for putting plates in to pre-heat them
    Random kitchen stuff such as corn on the cob skewers and a couple of funnels
    A very very large bag of brand new travel sized toiletries including Molton Brown and Body Shop. I am throwing a surprise party next weekend for my daughter’s 30th birthday and I wanted some things to go in the party bags - these are perfect!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    C_J wrote: »
    The first Nettlebed charity sale of the year, and oh boy was it muddy! Very, very muddy. However people stayed away today so I didn't have to fight through the crowds which was nice. I spent the usual amount (about £20) and although there weren’t any jaw-dropping bargains they were all things I wanted and all very good value, so I’m delighted.

I bought:

A small food processor (looks unused!) for daughter
    A selection of lovely books for daughter’s class at school, plus three games for indoor play when it’s too horrible for the children to go outside, things like junior cluedo and Connect 4.
    New toy for 10 month old grandson - one of those wooden things with twisted wire hoops all over it threaded with wooden beads. You know the sort of thing. This one had brightly painted wooden animals on the base too, which moved through grooves. It’s lovely.
    Three new cuddly toys for Rufus the wonder dog. He’s destroyed the squeaky pheasant toy already.
    Two books for oldest daughter, hardback recipe books from Annabelle Karmel with new recipe ideas for grandson,and something called something like Eat Glow Nourish which is right up her street.
    A selection of reels of cotton for my sewing machine, some assorted knitting wools, knitting needles and a big jar of buttons.
    Five new handbags, which I wanted for the material they were made of (lovely soft leather) and the zips and buckles etc, for a craft project.
    A chrome saucepan stand (I’ve decided to change how I store my pans, to free up more space on the utility room worktop)
    4 pillowcases and a bag of Christmas printed fabric, for craft projects
    A boxed set (new) of four plain crystal wine glasses, very elegant shape, they’re lovely.
    6 large round red woven placemats - I wanted something different for the table next Christmas
    A microwaveable fabric thing for putting plates in to pre-heat them
    Random kitchen stuff such as corn on the cob skewers and a couple of funnels
    A very very large bag of brand new travel sized toiletries including Molton Brown and Body Shop. I am throwing a surprise party next weekend for my daughter’s 30th birthday and I wanted some things to go in the party bags - these are perfect!
    Thats a lot of stuff for £20!

I have gone a bit chazzer-mad this year, spent over £40 so far. But that did include a used but in good-nick JML Dri-Buddi, curtain pole, new looking jumpers (rather than running the central heating 24/7), some outfits for my niece, an oversize mug, a double sided crepe pan, a huge stainless steel jug and quite a few books that I wasn’t going to find elsewhere...!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They also had a shelf full of glass jelly moulds @ 50p, and I thought of you! I couldn’t work out how to email one to you though :)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    C_J wrote: »
    They also had a shelf full of glass jelly moulds @ 50p, and I thought of you! I couldn’t work out how to email one to you though :)
    Its the thought that counts :A

I had my niece over this weekend, we just messed about but it won't be long before I start her on some Saturday afternoon baking! That's gonna be our thing.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ah here you are!

Donating lots of DS pjs and sleep suits as they're not what I'd pass on to my friend's boy along with day time clothes but at 16 months now he's not covering them with breakfast and staining them anymore either so to the local £1 hospice shop they will go.

Found two pairs of age 14 M&S school trousers to see DsS through his last six months at primary school (yes he's 11 but he's up to my mouth now height wise and I'm 5'8"!!) Before he needs black and not grey trousers at either of his secondary choices.

Other than that I'm down to £20 until the end of the month so no other spending!
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,692 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I bought a navy & off-white striped Next dress (just above knee length on me) with 3/4 sleeves, patch pockets and a blue tape across one shoulder with fancy silver buttons.
    Very casual and perfect with thick tights and ankle boots. As new, no bobbling at all and it's the type of fabric that would easily.

A pair of black leggings with pink flowers and green leaves embroidered on the sides of the legs right at the bottom near the hem. Different patterns but same colours. As new.

Both care labels show little or no signs of washing.
    £1.00 each from Air Ambulance
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    Dd who is aged 14 today, has been asking for a denim jacket. I'd been planning on buying her one when we go shopping for her birthday treat on Saturday.

I happened to be in the local cancer research shop where everything is £1, £2 or £3 and there was an immaculate looking denim jacket in her size for £3. Its moto make which is sold by topshop and they retail for in excess of £40 so she now has her jacket and still has her shopping budget for Saturday intact.

The one joy of a January birthday is you do get a lot for your budget. I've bought her a number of items from high street shops in the sales, including jack wills boots, for a total of £50 but with about £200 value and then her none present cs jacket plus £50 to spend at the shops should give her quite a good haul.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,909 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A trip to Otley through the :snow_grin today. Wasn't sure if the buses would be running but all was on time....yay! In my favourite 99p, St Gemma's shop I found a cream jersey 3/4 sleeve top with a crossover front which drapes into little pleats at the waist. Looks new and really good quality fabric. Previous owner has cut out all the makers and size labels unfortunately and the pricer upper has fired the plastic tag thingy straight through the jersey (:mad:) causing a teeny tiny hole. Don't think it's gonna get any bigger but it does make me mad when they do that.

Went into seven charity shops altogether and saw loads and loads of the B & H gifty boxes - it seems that the re-cycling has begun....whodathunkit :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure