Coffee, Cake, Yarn - New Start

Options

Comments

• Karonher
    Options
    I dont blame you staying in. Friends know not to involve me on NYE plans. If they have a party they invite me by saying "I know you wont come but...". I fond NY a bit sad and dont want to spend a fortune pretending to be happy and then waiting hours for a cab home. Hope you all have a lovely time
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
  • CP2016
    CP2016 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    We are also staying in having declined invitations to go out. Sometimes you just want to stay home in the warm and dry and eat chocolate and watch a film... which is what we are about to do.

Happy new year. _party_
    “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.”
    Wiliam Morris
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Couldn't agree more! I've polished off the cheapo baileys, binged on netflix and worked on my blanket. I've also been productive and signed up and started on the nectar surveys, has a little ebay sale and made another teeny tiny chip at MBNA. So all in all I feel like it's been a sucess! But I'm admitting defeat and heading to bed now haha.

Honestly, I do like the whole clean slate motivation I get from the start of a new year, which I know is silly. I can clean slate any day, but this year it feels significant. I'm stepping forward with a smile and a renewed motivation for life in general.

Enjoy the gongs guys, see you on the other side xx
    Paid - 7095/26218 - Total
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Afternoon all. Happy new year and all that jazz. Keeping in the theme I wanted to document what I'd like to achieve over the next 12 Months.

• Pay at least £10,000 off of my debt
    • Build at least £500 emergency fund
    • Get back to excercising consistantly 3x a week at least (illness put a stopper on that!)
    • Maintain momentum, not give up
    • Say no when I want to
    So there. It's written, it must be true.

Very quiet day here at coffee towers. Fireworks just didn't stop last night so I didn't end up sleeping until the very small hours which has left ne groggs today. I did have a revalation whilst laying awake last night....

I've proper jeffed up my budget for January. For some reason I've given myself a weeks less than I need. Properly annoyed at myself for making such a stupid mistake. I've had a look at the figures though and with the ectra bits and bobs I'd put in my 'Weekly leftover' pot this week from the selling and surverys, I can have £45.50 per week instead of £50.00 per week. This is for all petrol, food and spends. It's not too much of a dip, but still going to be tight because....

I'd also stupidly forgotten I've booked a week off at the end of the month to do some fun stuff. Now the fun stuff hasn't been arranged yet, but I have a feeling it will be a bit spendy and I was trying to keep the weekly leftover pot for something like this, there was just under £20 in it, and now i've had to use that £20 to make up for the miscalculation. I can try and suggest some not very spendy fun stuff, but I don't know how it will go. UGH. I know it's not the end of the world it's just annoying. Having one of those can I really do it days today. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll sell something, but, just, ugh. You know.

Surveys are D E A D today. YS pork is cooking away again for dinner. Back to work tomorrow which means I need to go get petrol. Looking forward to being back though, my house is cold and I'm running out of tea bags.

Hope everyone is having a good day x
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    To Do list for tomorrow
    • Cancel Capital One
    • Call and sort out car
    • Post parcels
    • Put cheque in bank
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Could you set yourself a target to make that £20+ from a new source? What about Qmee, Citzen Me, selling a few things on local FB selling pages?
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I like that idea Joey. It's probably something that I should set myself a challenge to do each month.
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    It's on �� I will make it back by the end of the month, I'm bang on the surveys and eBay at the mo. Although both have been slow this week. Just a little frustrating that I ballsed up. I know it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things I think I've just had a tired and blah day if you know what I mean.

NSD number 1 of the year though, I didn't even get dressed!
  • Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was just about to say Coffee that at least you realised now that you messed up your budget so it gives you a chance to get some of the missed money back. Better you realised it now rather than the week before you have your week off!
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Morning all. I know you're all right, it's not a big deal. I've woken up feeling less beat myself up about it and more step up to the challenge. First day back at work and I've actually been looking forward to it! People, routine, their heating, tea/coffee/milk, loo roll. Going to attempt first day back at the gym today, starting off with a little run. Not been since June, pre ill, so I think it's going to be hard work but we will see.

So Today's list:

• Cancel Capital One
    • Call and sort out car
    • Post parcels
    • Put cheque in bank
    • Gym
    • Quick tidy up when I get in
    Happy Tuesday all x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories