PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    We did tell the EA a few weeks ago that we probably wouldn't be able to complete until that date, but not sure if they told the buyer, probably not.

It should be a simple yes or no answer, so I was hoping they would have got back to us by now. It's so frustrating not having an exact date to work towards!

Yes this!
    Everyone in my chain was talking about the possibility of completion on the 23rd two weeks ago, this morning my buyers solicitor has woken up and said yes that's fine for mine I'll check with our buyers but we knew yesterday that's now a no go as their buyers lender is still ticking boxes.
    Now also the news has come that that buyers lender needs more than 7 days to release funds, I'll be lucky to get in by Christmas the way this is going :(
    I told my EA & solicitor 2 weeks ago between the 10th & 21st Nov is out who both conveniently forgot and certainly didn't communicate it down the chain.

Oh GwS fingers crossed for you, certainly stand up for yourself, decide what you want and put your foot down
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My sols assistance says they just waiting to hear from my buyer's solicitor.
    Presumably this still relates to the HTB ISA funds which are due to be paid by their buyer into the solicitor's client account - which should have happened yesterday or today.
  • Jaglad111
    Jaglad111 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Genuinely bored now. All paperwork done, everything back, rest of chain wants to exchange and complete next week. Getting any kind of date from our solicitor is a no go, they just will not commit.

Vendor has jumped through hoops to get this sale through including getting a buildings inspector our to appraise a 15 year old garage conversion at 24 hours notice.

I have lost all enthusiasm which is a shame as I love the house, just dont envisage ever getting the keys!
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jaglad111 I'm exactly the same, there is no reason for all the faffing about but it doesn't feel like things are ever going to progress at the moment.
    I'm pretty sure that if I was getting paid as much as these sols are, and my performance at work was this slow and poor, I wouldn't be keeping my job for very long!
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So another day goes by without resolution for all those waiting to exchange.
  • Regina.filangie
    Options
    Woo hoo! Got my mortgage offer today for the full amount! Chuffed to bits to be able to properly join this thread :hello:

Heard back from my solicitor today that she still hasn't received the draft contracts from the vendors solicitor but asked if she could go ahead and order the searches anyway to save time, so I agreed.

Really hoping to be done and dusted next month - my buyers are dying to be in and I can't wait to get moved, just depends on my vendor I suppose. There's the 3 of us in the chain, with me in the middle.

Going to bed a very happy bunny tonight after a long and anxious couple of weeks panicking about the mortgage.
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Great news Regina.filangie! And welcome! :D

Right, I am going to phone my solicitor tomorrow, repeatedly if needed, and make him immediately phone my buyer and seller's solicitor (same person) and get these final two enquiries sorted and discuss moving to exchange and completion. It should be nothing a 5-minute phone call can't sort, but communication has been by email and post and is too slow and vague, and today another day has gone by with zero progress. They will progress tomorrow, because they will be sick of the sound of my voice! My solicitor is now saying it's getting tight to complete by next Friday, I agree, but difficult is my middle name so I'm sure as heck gonna try!
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • tallsmithy
    Options
    While I twiddle my thumbs waiting for my ridiculously complex chain to sort itself out, here's my timeline...

11/8 - Offer accepted
    14/8 - Solicitors instructed
    14/8 - Mortgage application
    23/8 - Mortgage offer received
    1/9 - Draft Contract received
    2/9 - Survey completed
    14/9 - Mortgage deed
    2/10 - Searches received
    6/10 - Contract & transfer deed signed & returned
    11/10 - Ready to Exchange!!

Shame the seller isn't!!! Arghhhhhhhh!
    :wall:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Good luck Natbag!

And congratulations Regina! :j

Commiserations to everyone who has made no progress for yet another day, including me. Solicitor sent proposed changes to title deeds on Monday, but I'm not sure whether he had to run them past seller's solicitor again before sending them to building society (not sure why as she basically told him to just get on with it but he's pretty fastidious).

It's my Nan's funeral tomorrow so I won't be chasing anyone (in fact hopefully won't be thinking about stupid house nonsense at all). Fingers crossed the rest of you see some movement.
  • Cluelessftb
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you Natbag! And congrats Regina :D

Sorry to hear that Daff.

The 27th has been floated for us for completion but I'll be receiving the contracts to sign on Thursday so I don't know if that leaves enough time - need to clarify if that date is even feasible! I'd said to the solicitors assistant I wanted to exchange before the 27th and I think she misunderstood...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback