PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Monnagran, your thought for the day made me chuckle, as did your musing on a 3 mile run!
    A busy day ahead, tempting to just crawl back under the duvet but I'd better just get on with it :)
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • ArthriticOldThing
    ArthriticOldThing Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 November 2017 at 12:02PM
    Options
    Monna my sister's favourite is similar: "experience is something you never have, until just after you need it."
    Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Hi everyone , like NM I had a frustrating few days watching posts disappear into the mse ether . I can't remember any of my witterings so will once again go back to catch up '
    Hope you are feeling a bit better now NM . Thanks to Islandmaid for the Nora Batty pic which has brightened a cold and grey day . As always I'm loving Monna's thought for the day , I think you've landed yourself with a daily job into the future as we now expect them !
    Back later and hugs to those in need .
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No improvement in the last few days polly. I will just have to put up with it.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all,

Burtha just reading your posts wares me out - as for running, I have problems running a bath let alone do it for real :eek: if it makes you feel good and gets you some ‘head space’ then good on you x

I am not well today, bug going around, I won’t go into detail _pale_
    So I am off work - feeling guilty as one of our colleagues is on leave this week, so they will be short staffed - I don’t think they would appreciate me spreading my lurgy though :cool:

Hubby is in charge of dinner tonight, as food is off my radar for once :(
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • nursemaggie
    Options
    get well soon islandmaid
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Sorry things aren't improving NM. No useful advice to offer either pain or property viewing wise . While those viewings are on Saturdays you're a bit stuck . You mentioned landlord does that mean it's still via an agency with the landlord present for the viewing or is it marketed by the landlord ? If the latter it's worth phoning to discuss your dilemma re your son's working hours . Someone with a good work ethic is a landlords dream .
    Apart from that while understanding your son's wish to not take time off or put an extra load on his co workers something will have to give if he wants to be in better accommodation and nearer to work . It's a tough one .

Silvesava I love those big biker events . I watched them heading for the Cenotaph on tv yesterday . A lot of people judge bikers but here in the NW and indeed throughout the world they do so much good .
    There are caring and sensitive souls beneath the leather and helmets .
    Mar Keep close to the fire love . I'm sending the vibes that things will improve .

Monna Do you think you'll ever "retire "? I know you're being a bit jocular but a Monna B&B would never be short of guests . What would you call it ? I can only picture Fawlty Towers ( in a non judgemental way ) you sound the perfect hostess but I bet many a laugh would be had .
    Mistakes in handmade anything prove the fact they are not mass produced but lovingly crafted with the occasional loss of concentration . I've done it myself and the sky didn't fall .

No idea where I'm up to now . It's been really cold here the past two days with frosty mornings and not much warmer tonight . Time to eat and try to find a few more memory cells .

polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • nursemaggie
    Options
    Polly all attempts to talk to him just get talked out. then he says it is time for bed. I think when we find a house they will turn us down, me for my age and DS because he has only been working three months. No amount of good work ethic will get him a credit score and the only reference will be from his employers. As he is one of hundreds who ever gives him a reference most likely will never have met him. Remember he has been at work four hours before the office staff come in.

He is not the tenant here but he was when we lived in the house round the corner. We were joint tenants. We may be able to get a reference for us both.

It is cold it gets colder every day. I am glad of my warm hand knits.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    NM your housing association should give you a tenants reference if you need one - might be worth asking for it now in case they drag feet.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    NM you really need to force yourself to be more positive. Like attracts like, so if we send out positive optimistic cheerful vibes then that's what we get back...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback