PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Exactly! You are just as I'd pictured you.

I'm serious karcher. You can help me keep Mrs Mop under control.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    Exactly! You are just as I'd pictured you.

I'm serious karcher. You can help me keep Mrs Mop under control.

As am I monna.

But do you think your very own Islandmaid will invite us for dinner...I often salivate just reading about her latest creation!
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • monnagran
    Options
    karcher wrote: »
    As am I monna.

But do you think your very own Islandmaid will invite us for dinner...I often salivate just reading about her latest creation!

Oh goodness. Does this mean that an Uncle Donald's (Pickle's name ) Happy Meal isn't good enough for you?
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Monna we call it Ron's Caff! :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh goodness. Does this mean that an Uncle Donald's (Pickle's name ) Happy Meal isn't good enough for you?

I couldn't possibly comment!

To admit to liking an 'Uncle Donald's Happy Meal' on the OS board would see me ex-communicated without a by your leave!

I am rather partial to a pot of tea with milk, and scrambled eggs with toast and butter for breakfast though :D
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • monnagran
    Options
    Duly noted.
  • nursemaggie
    Options
    Dam I just posted and It is not here. Sorry to be MIA I just had a notification after I posted but with my post missing

I can't remember what I posted now.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 November 2017 at 11:53PM
    Options
    Don't fret Ivyleaf, the Island hasn't changed much since then.

Are there still garden gnomes at Blackgang Chine? :D (These things are important when you're seven.)

Just seen your post nursemaggie. What a blooming nuisance (the missing one, I mean!) :mad:
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all,
    Monna if your taking bookings put me in first please :)
    Went along the bar for a couple of hours last night , must admit to laughter and tears , think they are all still in shock to ....
    A was busy , this morning properly cleaned and disinfected kennels, then football and a 3 mile run, straight to the remembrance service at 3 at the com centre ... think a while ago i told you that the centre was in trouble ...well we managed to save the community centre so now I'm one of the new trustees, the place is on the up :j . So did my bit ,teas then tidy up stuff , quick visit to my mums , made dinner with huge Yorkshire puddings , 4 loads of washing and some discovered art homework done .... now sitting down .... looking at what to do next .....
    Pleased with my run today from when I started Aug 5th till now I've gone from 14.30 per mile to today's 8.29 per mile , sorry probably boring to most of you ... but feel like I've actually achieved something ....
    So roll on tomorrow , tears twice today , but getting there ,slowly...
    Tomorrow will be busy , life busy ....
    Still full of cold , but now don't feel like I've got a broken rib when I cough , so that's a plus
    Night all
    X
    £223/ £250 GC
  • monnagran
    edited 13 November 2017 at 2:22AM
    Options
    Absolutely burtha. Just look out your passport and make sure your vaccinations are up to date.
    I'm glad that you went along to the bar, it sounds as though you were among good friends and it all helps you to feel supported.
    I do remember the efforts you put in to save your community centre and it's wonderful that the place is being used and appreciated.
    As for the running !!!!! You'll be doing a 4 minute mile in no time. Now if I had to run 3 miles, it would be an hour for the first mile and the last 2 miles as fast as the stretcher bearers could make it.

Only 2 bouts of crying is HUGE. It'll be up and down for ages yet but it sounds as though you've dipped a toe into recovery. Enjoy your good days because as they become more frequent it makes the really bad days easier to bear.

From what I hear, the cold that is doing the rounds at the moment is horrible and slow to take itself off. Then it leaves you with a hacking cough that is just as hard to shake off. You just take care now. Your whole being is under stress and vulnerable to whatever ills are going around. Give yourself a break and cosset yourself a bit. Please! My tablet wanted you to to CORSET yourself but I don't think you you need to do that, the whalebones wouldn't help your painful cough at all.

I was fast asleep but woken by Millie re-making her bed. At night she has a bed on my floor. She would really like to share mine, but a not unsubstantial me plus huge dog doesn't really work. Her bed consists of an ancient dog bed of a very peculiar shape with a sort of fluffy mat on top and then an old kingsized duvet that has all its filling bunched around the edges.
    During the day I attempt to fold this unwieldy duvet as it is more aesthetically pleasing, but apparently it's no good for sleeping on and has to be rearranged by Her Fussiness with much sighing and grunting.

Is it today yet?

Oh yes. So let's have our THOUGHT FOR TODAY.

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family