PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) This golden day when early autumn remembers summer and gives us warmth and golden sunshine in quantities.

2) Walking in the shade of the mature old oaks along the lanes because it IS so warm out there today and looking up at the canopies of leaves studded with the most amazing amount of acorns,

3) The very first few small garden bonfires, sweet wood smoke just hanging on the edge of the breeze, scenting the air like very fine pipe tobacco, tantalising and elusive, beautiful!

4) Cookie dogs pub has a 'Mad Hatters Tea Party' weekend and was heaving with families and small people having such a good time, 'Elvis' impersonator in the restaurant going full pelt, people singing along, small people all over the playground and the bouncy castle in the gardens, babies asleep in the shade and sandwiches, sausage rolls, chicken strips, cakes, crisps etc. in vast quantities disappearing before my eyes, all fabulously summery and in the car park was a mobile sweet shop selling all sorts including candy floss and mixed toddler sweets, perfect!

5) LAINEY has a new equine friend, dear old Bill has come good on his promise to find her a new pal and I wish them so much happiness together in the coming years. It's a great happiness that she's got Lulu coming to live with her, as it should be ..... xxx.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh for hebbins' sake!

& mob beepity- beeps. & looks and sees yet another set of silly typos plonked into #381.

How? Why?
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    We were better off with a piece of string and two cocoa tins &!!!
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tin of beans chez & Enzed land, Mrs LW:-)
    Cocoa!!!
    Imported luxury foodstuff.
    Always was expensive.
    Many oarsmen required from cocoa lands to aotearoa.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Saturday pleasures,

My pal came through her op, now the wait for results.

Woke up to drizzly rain but soon stopped and turned into a glorious late, summers day.

Boiled egg and marmite soldiers for breakfast.

The wonderful Lulu is mine, she sailed through her vetting and he remarked upon her lovely nature along with such solid confirmation, as dear Lyn wisely states truly believe that darling Bill had more than a hoof involved in her coming to me. Wherever we go and whatever we do he will be with us too :heart2:

The farmer has finally harvested the cattle beans and we are no longer faced with a field full of black plants.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Very early Sunday morning, magpies are warbling , rainy & gusty wind.much to be done today, time is ticking and packers here in one tiny week.

Pleasures include: lunch with DD1 & much hilarity. Took leftovers for son who is away rock climbing in distant mountains for 5 days.

Lovely video chats with niece, usually always my first thing on a Saturday , when I'm just up and still have my bed head on...but also last night. I've bought great niece a teepee so DD1 had a practise run at putting it up, decorating it with fairy lights, filling it with a blanket & cushions & books....and DD1. So we video called niece to show her .

More sold & another thing to be collected tomorrow .

Was meeting a friend for lunch yesterday , so I drove to next suburb, parked where I'd normally park if I was taking dog & walked through the lovely parklands. Odd being dog-less. I had leek & potato soup with bacon & it was lovely. Had my first slice of bread in weeks but I reckoned I would walk it back off on the return journey. Lovely to catch up with her.

Saw a pair of tawny frogmouths in a tree in the park. Was just admiring the gnarly old eucalyptus and looked up & there they were. Statues.
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    Ms. &, I don't like my OH very much right now and am not communicating will with said #%<¥!!.:mad: :wall:

Firth, we are a long way from the affected areas so only have clouds. I have a niece near Houston but it's not too bad where she lives.

* DD2 is calmer now and thinking about her next vocation. She had already planned to go back to school to be get a nurse practitioner degree, so is taking this in stride. She is also filing a grievance with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission as she was the only one demoted and the men who falsified the reports still have the same jobs. So she filing under 'demotion of female whistleblower'. They will investigate and that will take a long time. She is then going to meet with an attorney who practices labor discrimination/disputes law. I'm amazed at her fortitude. So very amazed! Even in the middle of a traumatic life event she is responding well. I'm so grateful for her strong demeanor and conduct.
    Not the same at all be we have all seen what an exceptional person Mhags is. She continues to inspire me.

* Breakfast out with the family went ok. Even DS2 attempted to go, but the noise and crowded restaurant proved too much of a sensory overload. He went for a long walk toward home and we got his food in a carry out then picked him up by the outdoor farmers market that opens every Saturday on the Court House lawn.

* Stuffed chicken and black bean poblano peppers are on the menu for dinner. I ate the most delicious ones years ago and periodically try to recreate that experience. Never been near but maybe tonight. I'm trying a whole different approach.

* Slowly putting away excess stuff that wound up on the dining room table during this remodeling extravaganza. I have a basket with things I want to keep and nowhere to put it. Stupid dilemma. These are the decision types I get frozen for awhile in making. Where's Grey Queen when I need her!

* I'd like to say the visiting hound-doggies are a complete pleasure but one of them has thrown up on my new rug twice and my couch once. That tempers the fun of having these girls here.
    Before, my carpet was so old (31 yrs) I didn't care. I ask myself in ten years will I even remember this incident?? and that calms me down every time. (maybe I should apply the same standard to my OH :cool:)
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,157 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 27 August 2017 at 12:15AM
    Options
    Mila - you're probably further from it than one end of England is from the other! I just have a vague idea that your state is "near" it.

Pleasures for today (Saturday)

1) Not a bad sleep, until I was woken by next door's children shouting and wailing in their garden (again). 6.30am... However, I *think* they've gone on holiday. Put out the bunting!

2) Hens well.

3) Smaller son went into town with his friends then to the local football match.

4) Bigger son went to work.

5) This gave me 2 hours to myself! (First in many a long week). So I went to Lidl, tidied up, applied for a job, posted an Ebay parcel and made borek from a huge carrier bag of rainbow chard off the allotment.

6) Picked smaller son up from football. He had been sitting towards the end of a row, behind the substitute players. Then 2 injured players from his team walked up, said hello to him and sat next to him for the whole match! He is very chuffed.

7) Chilli and rice for tea than raspberries off the allotment with yoghurt.

8) Had a mad rush to change the bunk beds, wash the bin (outside), washing up etc before Casualty started.

9) Casualty.

10) Had some excitement trying to get a big spider from sons' room. They are always somewhere inaccessible. We got it in the end - using a garden hoe then a hoover...
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations to sons of Frith and DFV. Always a stressful time results.
    Pleased Mr LW and Lainey friend both doing ok post surgery.
    Mila your daughter has such strength to be dealing with the situation in the way she is.

1. Away for a couple of days. Relaxing.

2. Met some friends and had a good evening. Met at a vineyard for a drink (are in France) and then went for a BBQ. Relaxing, fun evening and met a couple of new people.

3. The apricots here are delicious as are the peaches. Taste very different to ones in the uk.

4. Reading books and having time to do nothing with!

5. Swimming in the sea.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bonjour VL et bonne vacances

Hello from land most chilly. It's been a day with lots of weather, rain, wind, sun, hail, repeat several times.

A couple of dog walks.

Much clearing! Yet still so much more to do. Note to self....never live in a huge, old rambling house ever again! Or live very minimilistically if I do!

Had chips for lunch!

Sold 2 side tables and they were picked up almost straight away!
    Sold bread maker will be picked up on blooming Thursday! ( sold pending it works, has all its parts and wasn't too old)

DD1 and the dog in the teepee...Haggis not quite getting that there was only one way in and back out!

pumpkin soup made for tea by DD1 under instruction. She's writing down all my recipes for when she's home alone!

Big never ending list written , so much to be done this coming week and it all has to be done, packers come Monday next week and if to ain't done it ain't coming back!

Right, I'm off to blend some soup. Cheesecake for pud.

Have a lovely day.

Mrs LW hope Mr LW is doing as he's told!
    PK hope your doing okay.
    Lainey a new horse! How exciting.
    DFV & Frith well done those mums of those boys!
    KK & KW good luck with the allotment. Might need to out my name down for one once I'm home.
    & I'm sure you're doing a superbly, marvellous job with your prot!g!s ...I do like an exclamation mark, just not too many! ( someone who writes to me repeatedly uses at least 10 exclamations marks and question marks each time. Makes me cringe!
    Mila hugs to you! May you sort it out with your husband!( or sort him out!) good luck to your DD ...onwards and always upwards.
    Pirate Pete snorkers today?
    DD 8 weeks today and I will be having a roll and slice, a scotch pie , a Greggs sausage roll and that will be me happy! Maybe washed down by the fizzy ginger drink....then back to healthy eating! I have a wedding to slim for!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback