IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court Claim Form - PCM at Heath Parade - NW9

Options

Comments

• FizzledOut
    FizzledOut Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    I got a ticket at the same site 2 weeks ago. My first letter of defence has been rejected. I'm now working on my second so googling further for more info.

I was there 1 minute 15 seconds. To read the sign and move on.

Off to check the other mentions on here.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    FizzledOut wrote: »
    I got a ticket at the same site 2 weeks ago. My first letter of defence has been rejected. I'm now working on my second so googling further for more info.

I was there 1 minute 15 seconds. To read the sign and move on.

Off to check the other mentions on here.

Although this is not your thread (please open a new one of your own if more help is needed), here is some interesting reading that will hopefully put your mind at ease over a ticket at this location. It still needs dealing with, but if you've already had your initial appeal rejected by the PPC, then there's no other appeal process worth bothering with. Come back if you receive court papers.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.za/2016/12/heath-parade-graham-park-way-scam-site.html

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.za/2017/01/pcm-uk-lose-case-on-heath-parade-scam.html

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.za/2017/01/gladstones-discontinue-heath-parade-case.html

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.za/2017/03/gladstones-discontinue-scam-site-claim.html

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=5947.0
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • FizzledOut
    FizzledOut Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the links - I'd already been directed to the Parking Prankster regarding the ticket. As PCM put in their rejection of appeal letter I appealed to the Independent Appeals Service/IPC. I held out no hope as comments I’ve read in my research made me think I was wasting 20 minutes of my time in filling out the form, but I was determined to take this matter as far as it had to go. As such I was surprised to receive an email saying from IPC stating "Due to further information Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd has confirmed they will no longer be pursuing the matter and the parking charge has been cancelled".

I’m thinking I might spend a Saturday morning or two up at Heath Parade with a sign on a stick “DON’T PARK HERE”.

I paypalled £10 in the direction of the Parking Prankster, and a £20 donation to the charity of choice of the person who pointed me in the right direction.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,116 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 April 2017 at 12:24AM
    Options
    Wow so they are even pulling out of IAS appeals re that site! That's worth knowing!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There are locals who say that a) the signs are being changed and b) Barnet Council are trying to get them to change "enforcement" to certain hours.
  • stephthechosenone
    Options
    Hi again!
    Wow it seems like forever ago since I last wrote! Hope everyone is doing OK

I'm putting my witness statement together but am having some trouble actually forming it. The one referenced in the newbies thread looks at though it is the claimant's WS, and not the defendant's? Is this still correct to use as ref? http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5070951&page=4
    Also, a skeleton argument should be within the witness statement or a separate piece?

The evidence I'm taking with me is:

1. a copy of the Beavis case sign
    2. photos proving the scarce and illegible small print signs in my case, a view showing the lack of entrance signs, etc.
    3. a video of how it looks from a car driving by
    4. a copy of Schedule 4 of the POFA
    5. a copy of POPLA Annual Report 2015 'Understanding Keeper Liability’ wording for keeper liability
    6. the case transcripts that support my argument (from Parking prankster's case law page)
    7. the IPC Code of Conduct, where it supports my case (e.g. grace periods etc)
    8. a copy of car defect recall letter from manufacturer that supports my defence

Thanks for your help!

S
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Maybe look at the one recently written by Matthew87. That was comprehensively shown on his thread as a link to a whole file, including his exhibits, WS and cost schedule.
  • stephthechosenone
    Options
    Thanks Coupon-mad! It looks good, I imagine everything after his defence statement applies to the stage I'm at
    His preliminary matters is the same as skeletal argument I mentioned above?

Sorry for all the questions - it's just so confusing!

Many thanks,
    S
  • stephthechosenone
    Options
    Hi all,

So I've more or less got my witness statement together - I just wanted to know...if I haven't revealed the driver (I'm being taken to court as keeper, not driver), should I continue to make the statement as keeper. i.e. at so-and-so date, THE DRIVER stopped their car...etc etc

Does that make sense?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes if you want to defend as keeper, no if you'd be more comfortable saying you were driving (if you were...I can't recall!). Many would choose the latter in front of a Judge, especially v a firm which does use a NTK which is close enough to POFA compliance, which PCM's is, IMHO.

Heath Parade ones are being discontinued in droves, I believe, so really push the point about the dodgy signs.

The BMPA should have more info about the discontinued cases, for you. Click for help unless you're already getting free BMPA help:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Parking_Control_Management_UK.html

and/or register to discuss the case with the notomob, where 'Mr Mustard' is a Barnet local expert:

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=5947.0

If it were me I would defend this case as driver (if you were the driver), and concentrate on proving it's a scam, a cash cow, predatory practices exposed umpteen times.

Hit them hard enough on that basis (no waffle about the POFA) and they should discontinue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure