Buffy and the Power of Ten

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Very positive sounding post Buffy. It would be fantastic to be debt free by the end of the year for you.

Yep. Despite work rearing it's ugly mugly head I am feeling pretty good.

Bit disappointed I haven't got the pond or garden sorted but there is progress. It is strange, either things happen far more quickly then I imagine or they take flaming ages, I can't seem to judge it!

Mum goes away in 3 weeks or so. I shall really miss her. Aside from the occasional hiccup (about curtains! so annoyed I snapped!) we have had a really good time this holiday. Managed to barely see my sister which in many ways makes me very sad, but in the short term I am much happier? which also makes me sad! I don't know how things will be when Mum is away as she will come over to walk the dogs whilst I am at work. We shall see.

Overall I am seeing things changing though and I will do the garden and keep going to the tip(!) I also have a plan for my room. I need a much bigger wardrobe, I now need to wear suits for work(!£$%^&*) and just do not have the space for them. I need to Kondo clothes again as this summer I haven't worn much of last year's wardrobe. Most of my *summer* clothes (as is true of most English women!) can be worn with a vest top and a cardie and become my winter wardrobe!

However I don't want to spend a lot of money on a wardrobe as I don't see the point. I want less stuff so am only buying the biggest fabric covered wardrobe I can find. I am also going to get some new bookshelves. The ones I have are fine if you want to keep books up out of reach, they are really too high up for me to use for my work books. I feel very sad and a little conflicted as my Dad put them up. However my Dad would be furious with me for being daft over them especially as they now don't really serve the purpose i need them to. I have had them up for over ten years so I think it is time for a change.

so, the plan

wardrobe - 49 quid, bookshelves - 70, paint maybe 15 quid? see what I have knocking about. I have a lot of white and might just mix in some sample pots?!?

I have so much stuff I am sure I can re vamp the rest of my room without needing anything else.

I never got to finish decorating it last year or the year before - I have lived with with a half decorated room for long enough frankly!

best post this before I lose it!
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    that link is so on the money that it's scary. not only is it tv for me but also just random surfing rather than shifting myself to both get stuff done and not to be a beached whale. glad you're still getting stuff done. just remember, you've had a fairly traumatic time recently and this is your holiday time so don't try to do things all at once.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://www.andyandrews.com/secret-adding-hours-day/

Read this today, interesting..........

XX

I've always followed my Mums advice on this sort of thing. Get showered and dressed as soon as you wake up, don't put it off and have a cup of tea first as you'll sit for an hour deciding what needs doing. All housework gets done in the first hour of the day and if I'm leaving the house I want to be out the door by 9am at the latest, if I'm in and working I'm at my desk by 9am. I rarely put the TV on before 7pm and I'm in bed by 9pm most nights. Those 2 hours in front of the telly are spent doing hobbies. (Sometimes we just listen to podcasts/music or sit in the garden instead - the telly can not be switched on for days at a time)

By getting any jobs/tasks over and done with first thing is far more productive and there should be a ban on any telly watching until you've done everything you need to do, so easy to lose track of time whilst sitting there.

It's amazing how much you can fit into a day without distractions.

I also limit my surfing time, if I sit with a cup of tea and pick up my iPad then as soon as the tea is drunk it's time to do the next thing. Which is why I'm now off to get the washing in, folded and ironed :T
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Wow.

that is impressive :)

I went to the tip. that was exciting.........
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Bank holiday Monday..............lovely.

The man is coming tomorrow to put up the shed. If the weather holds I am going to paint it. I was hoping to move the rabbits out there before I go back to work but I think it will have to be the weekend now.

Looks like such a nice day. Unfortunately Mum is looking for an argument, she is in a better mood than the last few days tho, so that is one thing.

Best get on.

XXXX
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Small Rant.

I am friends with a Jehovah Witness. I have been friends with her for many years now and I love her dearly, for this reason religion doesn't come up much but she posted something this morning about how the world is going to end and how the devil is floating around being evil.

And her evidence for this (today) is a commentary given in 1965, about how the world will be full of drugs/drink/science and removal of religion. She and her friends were saying it was so accurate and predicted how things are now.

Really.

Not the 1960s then? Because that happened then!

And besides, I thought the only prophecy would be in the Bible.

*fumes*

Less so now I have it off my chest.

ugh.

Oh and I broke my tooth. Freaking BRILLIANT.
  • Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm not a fan of religion of any sort Buffy. I think people should really keep their opinions to themselves when it comes to religious matters - it's the cause of so many problems around the world, although I know some people find solace in it, which is fair enough.

Just not for me at all.

Apart from that and the broken tooth, I hope your day is going well Buffy :)

Emz xx
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh blimey, your teeth really are giving you trouble aren't they! Is it repairable do you think?

when are you back to work?
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Essentially all three of us (my sisters and I ) all had missing teeth - as in our baby teeth stayed and there were no second teeth, my eldest sister had them removed and her other teeth moved round to fill the gaps. However my middle sister and I did not - on the dentist advice. This was about 950 years ago and obviously it was wrong, as if they had gone everything would have moved (presumably so - as that is what happened to my eldest sister) and I wouldn't have this hassle now.
    The baby teeth have a space under them - invariably this gets infected and damages the roots of the other teeth. If you imagine my teeth (how nice!) about half way along each set there is a gap and a damaged tooth. The top left is now the only one left :(:(
    My sister has virtually the same thing. I guess the baby tooth was going to come out anyway but oh well.

Just to over share, you know the other day, I was really happy, well the next day I got my period! And since then I have been fighting the worst depression I have had for weeks. It is my first go around since the op and I wonder if it has affected me? It literally came from nowhere.

So I haven't done much of anything, kept body and soul together. Lost my temper this morning (not done that for weeks) scared the crap out of the rabbits. :(:( Stupid bin/hoover/breakfast situation.

I am definitely overly emotional. Everything has made me cry.

I napped as I couldn't sleep last night. Dreamt........some thing about being on a massive comfortable office chair and was spinning around. I was laughing and really felt so genuinely happy. I actually woke up with a smile on my face and really did want to go back to sleep to go back there, where ever it was.

XXXX
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Things I need to budget for on and erm probably lose weight for!

1, Best friend's Mum's birthday party (present)
    2. Best friend's Husband (who I think hates me with a firey passion) birthday (present and outfit)
    3. Faraway Best friend's son 18th. (present and outfit)
    4. Christmas. (everything)

It is about 60 days till number 2 and 118 till Christmas.

Best get my diary out.
    XX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills