Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "I suspect I'm going to get flamed for this, but you seem a lone voice in the sea of complaints I read on this and related threads.

So may I request to join you as another "lucky" customer? :)

I applied to join Iresa about 3 weeks ago. I had read some of the complaints, but most seem to have appeared in the last 2 weeks. Anyway I was preparing myself for the worst.

I applied to join Iresa via their website, having been enticed by their low prices, but wary of the complaints people had posted, I also checked their terms carefully. I knew they are a relatively new supplier, so perhaps I was expecting some teething issues...

Anyway within 24 hrs of application, we had received confirmation and acknowledgment of my application to switch.
    It gave us all the expected timings, and so far they have been as good as their word.

They set up the direct debit with out bank, and took the first payment as they said they would (they even sent another email to remind us just before they collected) last week.

That reminder came as our cooling off period ended, and that is also when they gave us access to the online account.

Having checked the online account, I could see there was no meter details set up, as many people seem to be complaining about, meaning there was no way to enter meter readings.

But there was access to the online messaging system, and I noticed one of the pre-defined titles was about meter readings, so I decided I could use that if necessary.

I checked again when my DD was taken, and was upset that my online account was not showing teh credit. But then I noticed it said it could take up to 4 working days for credits to show on my account.

Today, 5 days before the actual switching date, I have just checked my online account again.

First thing I spotted was that my DD payment was now credited, well within the 4 working days they say to allow.

Then I checked the meter details, and they too are now loaded, and the facility to enter meter readings up and running for me. It seems they only made this available this from the time the window opened to allow acceptable meter readings to be submitted, but I will enter them on the actual switching day next week :)

So, so far, I have had no need to contact Iresa, apart from making the application to switch to them via their website.

If I search really hard to find something to complain about, I suppose some may find the following a little irritating:

a) We have E7, and I was expecting two fields to enter day and night readings. On the Iresa site, you have to tab to another page to enter the second registry entry. Strangely, it even allows for different dates for each registery reading. :huh:

b) Credits are not shown immediately via the online account

c) The tariff detail loaded was not what I was expecting, but then realised all prices were shown excluding VAT

But I think I can live with these small quirks of the Iresa online account - some small suppliers do not even provide you with online account access at all, and I managed to survive without it before the internet existed.

Looking forward to a year of cheap electricity now :money:
    Originally posted by LyndaS
    MCGONIS wrote: »
    Hi. Your feedback is 100% what I would have said up until February this year, having been with them since 2016. Where the problems start is you open a ticket for example, asking them to change your direct debit. In my case I wanted it put up. They don't respond...

Had a different response to our request to increase the DD, when we noticed last month we were building up a slight debit. We asked to increase the DD by about £3 a month via the on-line support facility and received a response back the same day, stating it would be actioned. Because of the poor feedback on here, was partly expecting nothing to happen, but as usual, a few days before the DD payment was due, received an email confirming the new DD amount. Checked the bank account when it was taken, and the correct increased amount was debited and within a few days (less than 4 working days) is now showing in the transaction record.

Glad we did not switch our gas supply to Iresa though, as it appears that is where most of the problems are. But as the deal we have with Zog is so good anyway and their customer service is first class, we had no inclination for switching gas, even though Iresa would have been just a few pounds (<£10/year) cheaper.
  • richardc1983
    richardc1983 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Been with Iresa now since Feb. Had no probs switching over however I am getting a bit sick of their slow website and difficulty in submitting meter readings which are buried within the site and you have to select each meter. The website times out half the time.

I have a smart meter and they do not support them as yet. I am debating switching to EON which would cost me £21 a year more on a current deal but its fixed in for 12 months with a £60 exit fee so not sure whether to hold out as IRESA doesn't charge an exit fee.
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I am getting a bit sick of their slow website and difficulty in submitting meter readings which are buried within the site and you have to select each meter.
    Just submitted readings - yes a bit slower than usual - but worked. The web site does its job for me.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just submitted elec. reading and got an email confirming submission. Now my spreadsheet is showing that my initial DD was probably set too high back in Feb. as it looks like I'll have nearly 2 months credit after the charges are offset.
    Has anyone actually got experience in this set of circumstances? Specifically do they automatically adjust the DD downwards to reduce the credit balance??
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Just submitted elec. reading and got an email confirming submission. Now my spreadsheet is showing that my initial DD was probably set too high back in Feb. as it looks like I'll have nearly 2 months credit after the charges are offset.
    Has anyone actually got experience in this set of circumstances? Specifically do they automatically adjust the DD downwards to reduce the credit balance??

When you say 'too high', I assume that the DD was based on an annual projected consumption that you gave Iresa? FWiW, most suppliers review monthly payments at the 6 month point with the aim of achieving a zero balance at the end of the contract term. It follows that you will build up credit from Spring through to Autumn to cover next Winter's usage.

You could try contacting billing@iresa.co.uk if you really think that you are paying too much. Best of luck.
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 563 Forumite
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »

They should pay you some interest on your credit balance though Dave :D
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Options
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    They should pay you some interest on your credit balance though Dave :D

...reckon it'll be worth ~ 33p per month - oh what to blow all that on :rotfl:
    On a more serious note -yes I did give them actual usage figures - the figure they set up on the DD was about £6pm more than I expected but I thought I'd let it ride - also,for some reason, we don't seem to have used so much leccy in the past three months -IF it contnues, then I can see me being in credit by £200 by late Summer - would rather they adjust DD now than be chasing a refund later on.
    Since some have been with IRESA since last year ,I was hoping for some actual experience. Guess if nothing changes then I'll have to contact them in a few months.:)
  • Blackdog
    Blackdog Posts: 459 Forumite
    Options
    I joined Iresa early Feb 2017. I submitted meter readings at end of Feb, March and yesterday. Only the electricity reading is showing in my account for Feb, only gas for March but both electricity and gas are showing already for April. I have received a confirmation email each time I have submitted readings so I don't know why the readings don't show up in my account. I was spoiled previously by Eon having such a customer friendly website! I just hope that now Iresa have confirmed meter readings they will be able to produce an accurate bill. There are no issues with them taking direct debits by the way so their system works well for that.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 April 2017 at 2:25PM
    Options
    Blackdog wrote: »
    I joined Iresa early Feb 2017. I submitted meter readings at end of Feb, March and yesterday. Only the electricity reading is showing in my account for Feb, only gas for March but both electricity and gas are showing already for April. I have received a confirmation email each time I have submitted readings so I don't know why the readings don't show up in my account. I was spoiled previously by Eon having such a customer friendly website! I just hope that now Iresa have confirmed meter readings they will be able to produce an accurate bill. There are no issues with them taking direct debits by the way so their system works well for that.

The confirmation email tells you why the meter readings you submit may not appear, and even if they do, it can take up to 14 days.

Edit:
    It's not actually a confirmation email. As the email says:
    "This letter is to acknowledge the receipt of your meter readings"
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Blackdog wrote: »

Glad you liked our website Blackdog.

Have you received our final bill yet? Make sure the readings we close to match those Iresa start with. This stops the same energy from being charged twice. Any discrepancies and an Agreed Reads Dispute (ARD) can be raised to re-agree them. Provided, that is, the difference is above set thresholds. These are 250 units for electricity and 45/125 units for a 4 dial imperial/5 dial metric gas meter.

If the difference is below these thresholds, it'll mean paying one supplier for more units than expected but this is balanced out by paying the other supplier for less units.

Hopefully this won't be the case and the all will go through as it should.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure