Is your fridge empty or full?

Options

Comments

• fierystormcloud
    Options
    Full, but that's because half of it is animal food and medications.

We two humans only have one shelf each and half of mine is Diet Coke and chocolate :p
    I always keep my chocolate in the fridge as I like it hard. DH prefers it soft almost to the point of melting, so leaves his out.

GEORGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: You dark horse you!!!!!!! :D:p:j

Oh you mean your CHOCOLATE! :o

Anyhoo.

DH puts his choccie in the fridge; I never do. Unless it's verrrrrry warm outside! :)
    cooeeeeeeeee :j :wave:
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Chocolate goes in the fridge if it lasts long enough :p

Our fridge is usually pretty empty even after we've done the weekly shop.

We have a fridge freezer, with the fridge being 2/3 of it, but could do with it the other way around!

We buy and freeze things generally, use frozen veg etc.
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    There's a lot of dirty minds on this thread....;) :p

It's interesting to read what others have in their fridges and how they store things. Just following on from fierys list, does anyone else keep their eggs and potatoes in the fridge. I keep my eggs in a basket on the worktoo and the potatoes in a wooden box on a storage unit.
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Mine is full,including the salad drawer and wine rack, which has a bottle of cava and a bottle of prosecco in it (both gifts).

Freezer also full, one drawer with reduced price small wholemeal loaves :)
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options

It's interesting to read what others have in their fridges and how they store things. Just following on from fierys list, does anyone else keep their eggs and potatoes in the fridge. I keep my eggs in a basket on the worktoo and the potatoes in a wooden box on a storage unit.

I keep neither eggs nor potatoes in the fridge.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

I think eggs in the fridge is a big no no and I don't think it's ever occurred to me to put spuds in there.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    I keep eggs in the fridge. Very rarely buy potatoes but I wouldn't keep them in the fridge.
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    I think eggs in the fridge is a big no no and I don't think it's ever occurred to me to put spuds in there.

That's what I thought too, but I know some people do it. I think I was watching one of the those food programmes on tv and they had eggs in the fridge and up until then it had never occurred to me to put them in there.
  • yvonne13_2
    yvonne13_2 Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine looks empty, but I can still eat for the week.

Greek yogurt
    Romaine Lettuce
    Baby plum tomatoes
    Black seedless grapes
    Strawberries
    Homemade hummus
    Feta cheese
    Chargrilled peppers
    Homemade shawarma chicken breast
    Homemade curry and cinnamon Seabass
    Lemon, mint and ginger infused water
    It's better to regret something I did do than to regret something that I didn’t. :EasterBun
  • indsty
    indsty Posts: 372 Forumite
    Options
    I keep a lot of stuff in the fridge as I have a fairly big fridge, and fairly small cupboards. Chocolate goes in the fridge, bananas, soft fruits, apples and pears. I take out a banana or apple etc in the morning as I don't like eating them cold. I do put potatoes in during the summer months. Always carrots. Sweet potatoes not. I've always put eggs in but take them out before I need them.

It also has lots of yogurt, cheese, mixed seeds, tomato sauce, lucozade, stock cubes, jams, marmalade, butter or marge, left over tuna, smoked mackerels, and cucumber.

In summer it has a pack of wet wipes to cool me down and a jug of green tea with cucumber slices in.

I tend to give it a quick tidy while waiting for the kettle to boil, or microwave to ping.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure