Is your fridge empty or full?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Georgiegirl256
    Options
    Mr_Toad wrote: »
    You can just imagine it can't you. You're at work and you get a text message. "Hi, this is your fridge. If you want a cuppa when you get home you'd better pick up some milk. The kids came in and have had cereal and used all the milk. PS they put the empty back in the fridge again you should have a word with them. PPS It's Friday, if you're having fish and chips tonight you might want to get some ketchup too as you're running low. Oh, and the cat has puked in the pot plant again" :D

:rotfl: I would love a fridge that did that!
  • 166million
    166million Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Mostly quite empty.
    Even when its 'full' there's always room left over
    **Debt Free as of 15:55 on Friday 23rd March 2012**And I am staying that way
    377 166million Sealed Pot Challenge 2018 :staradmin No. 90: Emergency fund £637
    My debt free diary http://http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3630099
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl: I would love a fridge that did that!

Me too! They do one like that in the Sims :rotfl:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Currently on my shelf in the fridge (have to share it with one of my housemates) there is:
    -Cheese
    -Butter
    -Milk

That's the most there has been in there for months, maybe over a year as i haven't cooked anything in over a year. :o Anything that gets put in there usually goes off as i spend most of my time atm at my boyfriend's.
    The stuff that's in there now is only there as i planned to make macaroni cheese in my new slow cooker tonight (except i forgot to buy macaroni :o )

My cupboard on the other hand is full of stuff.....albeit i imagine half of it is out of date but if the apocalypse happens tomorrow i might survive a few months :rotfl:
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fairly empty at the mo. Aldi shop tomorrow when it will be full again !

Eggs kept on worktop, never in the fridge. ( I have a beautiful oak egg holder ) I use about 15 a week so they never have time to go off ! I could eat eggs every meal. Potatoes in a hessian bag, would never think to put them in the fridge ? I do put other veg, soft fruit and salad stuff in there though. All my condiments are in there too, dressings, mayo, olives, capers, beetroot etc.

I don't waste anything, if i have stuff left over i plan a meal around it. Daughter eats tomatoes, peppers and cucumber like sweets so salad stuff always runs out before shopping day. My son has just taken out a yoghurt dated 14 January, he's eaten it, it was fine ! I find Muller yoghurts are good for a couple of weeks after the sell by dates.

I clean mine every week after i've been shopping before i put all the new stuff in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure