PAYG/Monthly Data hungry, alternative to big suppliers

Options

Comments

• Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    diamonds wrote: »
    £5 with the top up swipe card, assume £5 via my account/debit card top up line/shop bought like Vodafone.
    ? Thanks for that, as I need to transfer one of my number somewhere and admittedly actual network of their is good for 2G and OK'ish 3G connection. Unsure if TalkMobile does 4G connection service and for what I need as data usage amount it is unsuited.
    Still, in a letter I found two card thingies, but one is actual SIM, the other one is SIM adapter, none are TopUp card...

once home, I'll have to get on it, just for the sake of one of the numbers saving, be it at £5 for a while, be it, for when, I'd possibly need-want to talk to somebody for an hour...:D
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Atasas wrote: »
    ? Thanks for that, as I need to transfer one of my number somewhere and admittedly actual network of their is good for 2G and OK'ish 3G connection. Unsure if TalkMobile does 4G connection service and for what I need as data usage amount it is unsuited.
    Still, in a letter I found two card thingies, but one is actual SIM, the other one is SIM adapter, none are TopUp card...

once home, I'll have to get on it, just for the sake of one of the numbers saving, be it at £5 for a while, be it, for when, I'd possibly need-want to talk to somebody for an hour...:D

4G is on the website as coming, its not suitable for any data use lol, the top card is mentioned on the website and CPW used to hand them out as I used TM for roaming previously and had one, dont know if the website is out of date or you can/t request one as I could not find any other thing about it having a quick look.

I'm sure you'll meet a lover one day, then you will be happy with all that yap yap yap for 10p ;)
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 January 2016 at 11:09AM
    Options
    https://talkmobile.co.uk/top-up-help#

Question

top up swipe card

Answer
    Unfortunately it’s not currently possible to get a top-up swipe card. We’re working on it and hope to make these available to our PAYG customers very soon.

Very strange CPW handed them out as mandatory!

Damn I threw out my spare (when roaming) in the plastic recycle bin just a few weeks ago, bet it would have worked too!

Scroll to the bottom of that page though, and 'Top up with a swipe card
    • First, link the swipe card to your phone by calling 5888 from your Talkmobile Pay As You Go phone and follow the simple instructions

• Use the swipe card to top up at any shop that displays the green TopUp logo

• Choose the amount you want to top up (minimum £5)

• Hand your swipe card to the retailer to add the top up to your phone

• Pay by cash or with a debit or credit card'

So Voda took over and discontinued them, oh why oh why does that not surprise me one iota :rolflmao:
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    The "my account" on the top of the website is contract only, to web top up register here https://talkmobile.co.uk/top-up/
  • Atasas
    Options
    I'm sure you'll meet a lover one day, then you will be happy with all that yap yap yap for 10p ;)
    What do you mean? am i meant to turn in to something I hate, when using TalkMobile?:D

On another "note", just spent whole my break on trying and failing to register on TM... seems like lack of the LANDLINE number (that I didn't have for the last 10 years at least), causing failure to register and pay them... do they want me to spend my money, question comes to light:(
  • Atasas
    Options
    Jeez, done it!
    made request for number transfer
    will see how's TalkMobile is fairing for the rest of service aspects ;)
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Jeez, done it!
    made request for number transfer
    will see how's TalkMobile is fairing for the rest of service aspects ;)

Called TM today, my god thats some rep, he sounded and acted more clued up than most mobile interactions I've had in a decade ;)

Hope its representative of TM. :cool:
  • Atasas
    Options
    For calls and reception- couldn't fault them, all day in every location, where as EE dead spot (0 bars) etc, called back office just fine with TM...
    Problem is, I've made at least 10 calls, no longer that 1 min each... Meaning my £5 isn't going to last me a week, besides never even touched data... :D
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    For calls and reception- couldn't fault them, all day in every location, where as EE dead spot (0 bars) etc, called back office just fine with TM...
    Problem is, I've made at least 10 calls, no longer that 1 min each... Meaning my £5 isn't going to last me a week, besides never even touched data... :D

What about Vodafarts, they got value bundles that will be more use, did you not get your Voda sim yet ?
  • Atasas
    Options
    What about Vodafarts, they got value bundles that will be more use, did you not get your Voda sim yet ?
    Got it, would have, could have... morally- just cant!:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport