Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 9th Feb 15, 10:26 AM
    • 654Posts
    • 404Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy
    • 9th Feb 15, 10:26 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy 9th Feb 15 at 10:26 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Zog Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 9th Feb 15, 2:43 PM
    • 19,942 Posts
    • 14,209 Thanks
    molerat
    • 9th Feb 15, 2:43 PM
    • 9th Feb 15, 2:43 PM
    Moved to them last May.
    Smooth switch and kept well informed of progress - almost to the level of spamming
    Billed every month - submit readings on last day of month on line and PDF bill e-mailed around 9th.
    Old fashioned - no real on line presence apart from entering meter reads - but efficient.
    Quick to respond to e-mail contact, no telephone contact.
    Will not internally transfer without penalty.
    Overall very happy and still the cheapest gas only for me.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
  • nightswimming
    • 9th Feb 15, 7:35 PM
    • 9th Feb 15, 7:35 PM
    Unlike the slow-motion car-crash that seems to be happening at Extra Energy, Zog have so far been a breath of fresh air.

Switched at the beginning of November, very smooth and plenty of information as molerat says. You can even pick your switch date. One thing that some may see as a negative is that they take your first payment as soon as you have switched, not after you have been with them for a month.

I too submit my reading (via a simple form on the website) on the last day of the month, and get an accurate and easy to understand statement for the month emailed to me a week or so later.

What more could you want?
  • shammyjack
    • 9th Feb 15, 7:53 PM
    • 9th Feb 15, 7:53 PM
    Simplicity itself !

Been with them since August last and a dream to deal with . If only every energy company could be like this . However they are still a small fish and probably running on a handful of staff . Problems come later when you grow and loose the personal touch !
    • let the wookie win
    • By let the wookie win 2nd Mar 15, 8:23 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    let the wookie win
    • 2nd Mar 15, 8:23 PM
    • 2nd Mar 15, 8:23 PM
    Just want to add to the positive feedback (so far) about Zog Energy.

Early days, but I took the plunge with them just over a week ago. Application form straightforward, a quick response to it, and the emails from them seem "personal" (remains to be seen if this continues if they are swamped with new customers!).

Two things :
    Zog do charge in advance, i.e they propose to take the first DD installment on my first day of supply;
    Also they do offer exactly what day you want to switch (within a three week window IIRC).

Will update this as and when!
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 4th Mar 15, 11:29 PM
    • 2,870 Posts
    • 4,371 Thanks
    gardner1
    • 4th Mar 15, 11:29 PM
    • 4th Mar 15, 11:29 PM
    changed to them on feb 26th from daligas who were great but zog came up £45 cheaper......so far so good
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 5th Mar 15, 12:42 PM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,684 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 5th Mar 15, 12:42 PM
    • 5th Mar 15, 12:42 PM
    changed to them on feb 26th from daligas who were great but zog came up £45 cheaper......so far so good
    Originally posted by gardner1
    That's probably because Zog have reduced their prices recently - actually quite a few price changes this year alone.

Daligas have now (this week) reduced their prices, so they remain competitive.

• footyguy
    • By footyguy 7th Mar 15, 1:59 PM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,684 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 7th Mar 15, 1:59 PM
    • 7th Mar 15, 1:59 PM
    Does anyyone know of any cashback offerings when switching to Zog, please?
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 9th Mar 15, 1:01 PM
    • 3,396 Posts
    • 1,857 Thanks
    lstar337
    • 9th Mar 15, 1:01 PM
    • 9th Mar 15, 1:01 PM
    Does anyyone know of any cashback offerings when switching to Zog, please?
    Originally posted by footyguy
    I haven't seen any direct, and I have looked through a lot of sites.

The only cashback deal I have seen is a £14.70 deal from Topcashback if you switch through confused as a new customer.

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/confused-energy-dual-fuel/

I don't know much about how it works as I haven't used them before.

Presumably this would work when switching to Zog.
    • NorthEast23
    • By NorthEast23 14th Mar 15, 5:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    NorthEast23
    Zog Energy switch
    Just switched to Zog Energy from SSE and saved a considerable amount. I'm happy with their customer service so far. They have responded to my email enquiries very promptly (same day) and the response answered my question each time.

I also enquired whether there is a charge for customers with smart meters switching to Zog Energy and there isn't. Not sure whether this is for all areas or just the North East.

Based on first impressions, I would recommend them to others.

Let's see if they stand the test of time.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 15th Mar 15, 9:38 AM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,684 Thanks
    footyguy
    I haven't seen any direct, and I have looked through a lot of sites.

The only cashback deal I have seen is a £14.70 deal from Topcashback if you switch through confused as a new customer.

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/confused-energy-dual-fuel/

I don't know much about how it works as I haven't used them before.

Presumably this would work when switching to Zog.
    Originally posted by lstar337
    Thanks for the effort, but that comparison service does not do switches to Zog Energy (so no cashback)
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 15th Mar 15, 9:41 AM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,684 Thanks
    footyguy
    ...I also enquired whether there is a charge for customers with smart meters switching to Zog Energy and there isn't. Not sure whether this is for all areas or just the North East....
    Originally posted by NorthEast23
    I don't know of any supplier that makes a surcharge for a customer that already has a smart meter supplied by another provider.

You do know it won't work as a smart meter with Zog, don't you? You'll need to read it manually and input the readings online (if you want an accurate bill)
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 16th Mar 15, 9:21 AM
    • 3,396 Posts
    • 1,857 Thanks
    lstar337
    Thanks for the effort, but that comparison service does not do switches to Zog Energy (so no cashback)
    Originally posted by footyguy
    Yeah sorry, I have recently found that Zog don't seem to switch through any comp site. You pretty much have to go to them direct. I guess that is a good way to keep your prices low.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 9th Apr 15, 1:54 PM
    • 19,942 Posts
    • 14,209 Thanks
    molerat
    My contract is coming to an end and received the required notification e-mail spot on time. I have waited 3 weeks looking at the options so this morning I e-mailed and asked to be put on the 12 month fix from the end of my current contract. E-mail sent at 1154 and reply from them at 1339, new DD figure based on lower price and this year's lower consumption and promise of a refund of the credit balance. As I have said before, old fashioned but prompt and efficient.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 9th Apr 15, 5:19 PM
    • 19,942 Posts
    • 14,209 Thanks
    molerat
    DD change notification e-mail received 1346 and £130 refunded to my bank account by FP at 1700.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 9th Apr 15, 6:48 PM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,684 Thanks
    footyguy
    Helped a mate save a pretty penny by suggesting he switch to Zog.

As let the wookie win posted, they allow you to choose the switch date (from 3 to 6 weeks from application I think)
    My mate also has the complication of being served via an IGT, so I said don't worry if they miss the selected date.

Mate told me today that Zog have now confirmed the switch will happen on the selected date, and so want a meter reading to start billing from - to be input online.

Who said switching, especially when an IGT is involved, had to be complicated?
    • sidbee
    • By sidbee 22nd Apr 15, 11:37 AM
    • 49 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    sidbee
    Taking a leap into the (almost!) unknown I've just applied to switch to Zog for gas and GB Energy for electricity - a big saving for me, hope both their admin. and IT folk can keep on top of things as they become better known - unlike a few of the other recent up-and-coming independents!
    I will post updates as things progress.
    sidbee
    • Moireach
    • By Moireach 11th May 15, 4:44 PM
    • 87 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Moireach
    I switched last November and it's been great. 6 months after taking the risk they are as quick at replying to emails as ever, and as people keep saying it does keep a very personal feel to communications.
    Also, although no online portal and huge call centre staff seems like a liability, I have to say that to have everything sorted by a quick email from work is a breath of fresh air. No more going through 25 menus on the phone after work just to be told the call centre is closed, or just to be on hold for half an hour and eventually get through to somebody who is unhelpful. For me this is the ideal set-up, and I hope they expand to meet demand so they can keep their customer service up.
    And their prices are incredible. I signed up in November and only 6 months into my contract have already switched to their newer tariff because the prices have come down so much. Yes energy prices have tumbled, but the big 6 have NOT taken prices down this much. Maybe because they bought so much of theirs so far in advance before prices fell because of the threat of a price freeze, but hey there's just another advantage of being with a small supplier.
    Big thumbs up from me!
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 12th May 15, 9:27 AM
    • 3,396 Posts
    • 1,857 Thanks
    lstar337
    Yes, after initial bumps due to my IGT I have had steady support from Zog. They were very good through the switch and kept me nice and up to date!

Only thing I am unsure about is when to send them my readings. Do people here just send them a set time before the end of the month, or a set time before the anniversary of the contract start date?

I just want to keep things smooth and make it as simple as possible for Zog.

I signed up in November and only 6 months into my contract have already switched to their newer tariff because the prices have come down so much.
    Originally posted by Moireach
    Did you do this penalty free?

I can't see on their site if internal switches incur the £30 penalty or not.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 12th May 15, 12:12 PM
    • 19,942 Posts
    • 14,209 Thanks
    molerat
    They bill monthly at end of calendar month so send readings on last day of month or they will estimate.

I queried changing mid contract and they stated they would charge the penalty, I calculated that it would just about negate the saving so did not go through with it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

333Posts Today

4,086Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • These scams are nothing to do with bitcoin. They are just scams. My view on bitcoin (though a little old now) a? https://t.co/i6rRIOr5hk

• SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! I have nothing to do with 'Bitcoin trading' or any get rich quick type advert or scheme. Don't t? https://t.co/WjitDxAc26

• Now I've heard it all. Apparently my politics is dictated by who follows me! You couldn't make this up. PS and for? https://t.co/hoPf6Jp34N

• Follow Martin