WARNING! 2minutedraw.com Club La Costa CLC Travel SCAM

Options

Comments

• Kenny11_2
    Options
    WHAT TO DO TO GET RID OF THEM :

Tell them that you would like to be removed from there database and any of there affiliate companies .....as they may be in breach of data protection and the Privacy and Electronic Communications regulations of 2006.

The Scammers Telephone Numbers :

0800 9889901
    or there head office number which I got out of them is 02082056111

IF YOU WANT THEM TO STOP AFFECTING THE LIVES OF OTHER PEOPLE PLEASE CALL YOUR LOCAL TRADING STANDARDS TO TELL THEM THAT THIS SCAM IS IN OPERATION...THAT WAY THEY CAN BUILD UP A PICTURE OF THE COMPANY.
  • mpython
    mpython Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The best way to get rid of them is to thank them for their offer of a free holiday as its really made your day because your wife (husband) left you after you lost your job last week.
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
  • Stephb1986_2
    Options
    ive been to a C**p club la costa meeting they just waste their breath to be honest and the only reason i went was because of the marks and spencers vouchers!

Stephb xx
  • hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mpython wrote: »
    The best way to get rid of them is to thank them for their offer of a free holiday as its really made your day because your wife (husband) left you after you lost your job last week.

Yeah, that's a good one, like WelshDragon said in post 8 ;)

I had a phone call from 'CLC' a couple of days ago, obviously wondering why I hadn't taken them up on their FANTABULOUS holiday!! lol! As soon as he paused for breath I said I wasn't interested and he just went away. I guess he's used to it by now. Bless *evil* (I can't seem to find an 'evil' smiley, or similar..)

:D
  • luby-lou
    Options
    Had a call this afternoon from CLC - thank goodness I googled them before I did anything more!
  • Dill
    Dill Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago I was approached by quite a pushy salesperson in the mall asking me questions about holidays, and he said that I'd be entered into a draw to win £3000.

I did something I never do and gave him my phone number to put on the form, after he'd assured me that it wouldn't be passed on to anyone, etc.
    On the receipt I got it says 2MinuteDraw dot com, thankyou for taking part in or holiday survey, etc...

This morning while I was out my OH received a phonecall from someone asking to speak to me. She was quite rude, apparently, and didn't say who she was or what it was concerning. She said she'd call back today after 2pm.

I'm now wondering, after having read this thread if it's these people (2minute draw.com) who are phoning..:eek:
  • asea
    asea Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    I'm another one that has 'won' a prize. They called my office & spoke to a colleague - very rude & pushy!!

I googled them & there is a VERY interesting article about them in the Guardian if any of you are interested
    nothing to see here, move along...
  • Dill
    Dill Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    Options
    Hi asea

I tried looking in the Guardian Online but my search didn't turn up anything. Is it in the online version or in the newspaper?

Dill
  • asea
    asea Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    Dill wrote: »
    Hi asea

I tried looking in the Guardian Online but my search didn't turn up anything. Is it in the online version or in the newspaper?

Dill

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2003/jul/19/budgetingforyourholiday.scamsandfraud

There you go!! :D
    nothing to see here, move along...
  • CowboyChic
    CowboyChic Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    I had a call today from 2minutedraw.com, saying i had won a free holiday too!:j

Lucky me! I had filled in a prize draw survey at the Taste of Edinburgh festival last Saturday and that's how they got my number.

The lady told me I would have to attend one of their resorts in Perthshire, in order to claim my free holiday to Spain or Portugal staying in a 5 star resort. I was very sceptical but played along to find out what was the catch. There is no catch she claimed, only having to attend the presentation and a £29.50 'admin charge'. Having won an actual free holiday with Living TV not so long ago, I know that an admin charge should never be asked for if you really win a prize.

Anyway, long story short I played along and she said i would receive all details in a letter shortly. After the call I checked the ticket stub of the survey I had filled in which miraculously I kept. I had actually entered a draw for a holiday to Florida, and the closing date is end of June 2008 - so i seem to have won a different prize, and got it early!

Needless to say I will not be attending the presentation or handing any money over, but i'd be interested to know if anyone else (including my partner who also did a survey) gets a call to say they have won also.

:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport