Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    • By COOLTRIKERCHICK 4th Oct 14, 10:37 AM
    • 10,420Posts
    • 58,340Thanks
    COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Daydream fund challenge part 4
    • 4th Oct 14, 10:37 AM
    Daydream fund challenge part 4 4th Oct 14 at 10:37 AM
    back in march 2009. this thread started, as I had daydreamed of having a smallholding for far too many years than I can remember.. since then, we are now on our 4th new thread.. and have a nice bunch of mse'rs who are at various stages of their dream... even if you ream is to have a plot of land, or a house with a nice garden.. join in, all are welcome..

here are the links to the other 3 threads
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1544047&highlight=daydream
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3812953&highlight=daydream

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4651793&highlight=daydream
    Last edited by COOLTRIKERCHICK; 04-10-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    Work to live= not live to work
Page 459
    • choille
    • By choille 14th Sep 18, 3:17 PM
    • 5,513 Posts
    • 28,192 Thanks
    choille
    Dave - you are amazingly active & busy.

I know what you mean about visitors We had some to come this w/e but they aren't now as they got a soaking on one of the isles and their tent ripped in two so they've slunk back over the border.

I started to prepare for them but was a bit grumpy as it meant moving tons of stuff so they could camp out on the kitchen floor & they have two dogs. I love them all dearly but it would be better when we have upstairs finished & we are both in better health. So quite relieved but guiltily so.
    Been hacking down trees - little ones that are out front & trying to grab back the view. Loads of sprag to die back & burn. It's everywhere but will stack it for a bon fire soon - or later on.

Varnished some stools I got out of B&Q - been dithering about stools & not that enamoured with what's on offer - all these chrome & faux leather ones everywhere, so got three plain wooden ones & have given them three coats of satin varnish & they do look good - even if I say so myself.

I have skirting boards to paint before they go on - easier to do them off, but it's making space upstairs to do so.

Must walk Collie wobble as he's becoming angsty. Windy here with heavy showers but bright btw times.

Neighbour is liking the care home so I think she will stay. It is making things easier for me as I felt she couldn't be left on her own. They offered no home care - It was a revelation how cut back everything has become.
    • alfie 1
    • By alfie 1 14th Sep 18, 10:42 PM
    • 5,693 Posts
    • 46,014 Thanks
    alfie 1
    well vet result on mini Shetland ... not brilliant "
    he is aprox 7/8 yrs old and has always had a teeny tiny bow to his front leg. he has obviously hurt his knee somehow and the swelling has caused the knee to bow more as he hasn't been weight bearing ,, very complicated but gist is its not curable only manageable. so he cant be on very hard ground or if he keeps jarring it , it will keep swelling ! he is ok confined ie not racing about ... so come winter and softer ground should be better . just have to sort him on soft ground next year ??
    poor old nelly [another mini ] had her teeth sorted today ... vet gave her a sedative and put her head on a big chin rest thing so he can see in ... it was so funny to see her , legs splayed and just about holding herself up whilst I swear she had a smile on her face !!
    if only the vet wasn't THE most handsomest of vets ... id probably be wealthier

ive volunteered to be a home checker for the saving saints charity [st bernards] got my first one tomorrow !!
    I WILL get my own saint B when I am able ... always been my dream dog !

think that's all !
    sorry to hear you cant don ladies clothes and makeup dave
    but then if you have offered to store them at your place ??

glad your neighbour seems happy and settled and looked after well , choille

have a good weekend peeps
    • choille
    • By choille 15th Sep 18, 12:10 AM
    • 5,513 Posts
    • 28,192 Thanks
    choille
    St Bernards are lovely but a bit dim sometimes. I worked for a farmer who went to buy one but it had jumped through a patio door - it was okay but the farmer decided against it as it was laid flat out on a three seater settee & looked like it would be hard to shift.

Dave will miss all that cross dressing but as you say Alfie he's gonna have a shed filled with ladies clothes so that'll keep him busy.

Shame that the panto is folding - you put a lot into it Dave - shouldn't take the mickey really.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 15th Sep 18, 7:34 AM
    • 26,126 Posts
    • 94,830 Thanks
    Davesnave

Shame that the panto is folding - you put a lot into it Dave - shouldn't take the mickey really.
    Originally posted by choille

I didn't put as much in as others involved in production, costumes and scenery. They're the real stars.

However, there was a kind of perfect storm over the past two years, with many of the above leaving the village, devoting themselves to something else, or just getting older and needing a break. For those at the sharp end, normal life was disrupted for 4 months each year, and some, who'd seen 15-20 years of the same nonsense, probably didn't find it fun any more. Me, I'd just turn up and act.

Village dynamics might change again in a year or two. The current crew are mostly getting a bit long in the tooth...says he, pushing 70!
    I might be old, but I got to see a lot of good bands...
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 15th Sep 18, 8:28 AM
    • 8,054 Posts
    • 34,473 Thanks
    lucielle
    Wow you've all been really busy, I feel like a real lazy mare in comparison!

Currently having a new kitchen fitted so everywhere is in chaos. Should be finished on Wednesday then the dreaded painting starts.

Went to a lawnmower dealer meeting last week and got another one this week. A couple of freebies to cheer us up.

After we were subjected to mandate fraud I contacted the Guardian Paper, they've been in touch but weren't hopeful we'd get the dosh back. Sigh!

Went to walk Scafell Pike but the weather didn't play ball so took my friend out instead.

Got invited to a hunt ball tonight, so frantically trying to sort out something to wear.
    L
    Last edited by lucielle; 15-09-2018 at 8:31 AM.
    Total Debt Dec 07 59875.83 Overdrafts 2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!! 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 15th Sep 18, 9:30 AM
    • 26,126 Posts
    • 94,830 Thanks
    Davesnave
    After we were subjected to mandate fraud I contacted the Guardian Paper, they've been in touch but weren't hopeful we'd get the dosh back. Sigh!
    Originally posted by lucielle
    T'was only yesterday I blasted A*a*zon for asking me how something I hadn't consciously bought had turned out. Spent half an hour double checking accounts, then realised it might be that I bought a CD about 5 years ago that 'enrolled' me. Still don't know.

A couple of months back, someone set up a Netflix account on DW's card, which had never been used for any on-line transactions, only one over the 'phone to a well-known company and otherwise had hardly been used. I scan every monthly statement properly now.

Mind you, we got a refund from the bank and Netflix, so we made a profit!
    I might be old, but I got to see a lot of good bands...
    • lucielle
    • By lucielle 15th Sep 18, 2:26 PM
    • 8,054 Posts
    • 34,473 Thanks
    lucielle
    I wish ours would get paid back but I think we're whistling in the wind
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 59875.83 Overdrafts 2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!! 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
    • choille
    • By choille 15th Sep 18, 2:37 PM
    • 5,513 Posts
    • 28,192 Thanks
    choille
    Lucielle - That is bad with the fraud thing. Really sorry to hear that.

I had a phone call today from a with held No - foriegn sounding saying they'd heard I'd been in an accident - put the phone down when OH asked them to repeat what they'd said.

Thing is I'm ex directory so I don't know if they just random dial but they did have my name.

Man coming to look at a tup I have for sale. Raining & dull - midgied so not doing much outdoors today.

My backs bad just now so I walk like a hunchy back.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,750Posts Today

8,719Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin