Aquashield Reclaim

Options
Hi all,

I am enquiring if anybody else has had a letter from consumer reclaim offering a 'no win, no fee' reclaim from Aquashield in regards to the roof me and my partner paid for in 2009.

Well its not quite Aquashield but the finance company we went through Hitachi. As we had it on finance (all be it 0%) they are saying we can still claim the lot back, compensation and interest through them due to the false information given upon sale as it apparently has been proven not to work and Aquashield have now folded.

The problem is that they want 25% for doing this!!! I want to refrain from going down this route if possible as they will be taking nearly £600 off of me.

Has anybody else had a letter or pursued a route of doing it themselves?

Any feedback would be welcome.

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,648 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How can Consumer Reclaim state "no win, no fee" and ask for 25%??
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So you had a 0% (FREE !!!!) loan, but it was mis-sold to you and you are owed money. Have you worked out what 0% of nothing is??
  • ellismum
    Options
    Hi there,

I have also received this letter and have requested a claim pack but I am grudging giving them 25%!

I can't see any other way to reclaim this though.
  • roonaldo
    Options
    If you have had a 0% loan, you have essentially borrowed money for free. You have never suffered any financial loss or been penalised for borrowing the money, how do you really expect to benefit from now saying your loan was mis-sold? 0% of nothing is 0!!!! I dont get it. Have I missed something?
  • 8057graham
    Options
    No, what I am saying is that apparently we can claim back the money we paid to have the roof coated as it does not work. We paid a little over £2,000 to have this work done as we could not afford a new roof and it came with a 25 year guarantee. It has apparently been proven that the coating does not live up to the guarantee. We went with Hitachi as the loan was interest free. This has now been paid and I got the letter from Consumer Direct.

I don't know how they can claim for compensation or interest as you say it is an interest free loan. I'm just a little worried that this could be some sort of scam or something as I have trawled the internet and found nothing on anybody else claiming back their money.

Essentially I don't want to pay consumer direct any money and wanted to do this myself if possible.
  • roonaldo
    edited 23 June 2013 at 7:36PM
    Options
    You never said the roof was faulty in first post, that is a different matter. Your first post implied loan mis-selling, so yes it is a scam if they have told you can get compensation.

You shouldnt be at a loss though, you need to be pursuing the repairs.

http://www.findlaw.co.uk/law/consumer/consumer_protection/138.html
    http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/debt_w/debt_borrowing_money_e/debt_types_of_borrowing_e/hire_purchase_and_conditional_sale.htm
  • shenanigan_2
    Options
    I have just received a letter from consumer reclaim saying I am a potential claimant for a full refund and compensation as aqua shield have ceased trading and the roofing product we bought was declared not fit for purpose. I have read a couple of threads on this website and although we paid by cheque for the work (£5k) consumer reclaim say they can only claim for us if we used third party finance eg a loan or credit card. But if we have paid for something which turns out to be unfit for purpose surely we have a case who should I contact about this?
  • mr_mince
    mr_mince Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I've just had the same letter and have to admit I'm curious.

Now I claimed all my own ppi back myself (all £450 of it and most of that from pre 2000) and grudge paying a large commission for someone to do almost nowt but on the other hand it's free money I'd never see and I've no idea where to start chasing this one so I'm going to give them a call, can't hurt to see what they have to say.
  • shenanigan_2
    Options
    Does anyone know anything about consumer reclaim? Are they reputable? I'm getting paranoid about all these firms claiming to 'help'
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    And so you should, because they won't unless you pay them....
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure