Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• ben2909
    ben2909 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    I had a flight delay on 7/9/14 which was due to 'unavoidable operational reasons'. I wrote to jet2 and had a replay back around 5 weeks ago saying they are looking at these in date order. Should I give them a little more time or just write to them threatening court action. Also can you found out why the flight was delayed anywhere?
  • danielleindebt
    Options
    My problem is I, not 100% sure on my problem

They jet 2 said extraoridinarly circumstances as it was caused by a number 3 slat actuator leak, which was an extr circumstance which could not have been foreseen and beyond jet 2s actual control.

I've googled it and I'm just not 100% sure if falls within the acceptable extraordinary circumstans if you know what I mean
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How long you give them is your call. I would say that 5 weeks is adequate.
    Maybe give them 3 weeks time frame in your NBA, which is next step, to allow for Christmas. Then they have had 8 weeks.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • JPears
    Options

They jet 2 said extraoridinarly circumstances as it was caused by a number 3 slat actuator leak, which was an extr circumstance which could not have been foreseen and beyond jet 2s actual control.

I've googled it and I'm just not 100% sure if falls within the acceptable extraordinary circumstans if you know what I mean
    d-i-d you need to read about the Huzar judgement/appeal. Technical problems, such as this, are inherent in the running/operation of an airline, so they are not Extraordinary Circumstances. This was confirmed without any doubt, by both the Court of Appeal and subsequently the Supreme Court, as Jet2 well know.

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 December 2014 at 1:55PM
    Options

That's just Jet2 clap trap:mad:

The Supreme Court dismissed that type of excuse a few months ago.

Follow Vaubans brilliant guide to start proceedings against them.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • supermac9
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    That's just Jet2 clap trap:mad:

The Supreme Court dismissed that type of excuse a few months ago.

Follow Vaubans brilliant guide to start proceedings against them.

For what it's worth, our learned friends at the CAA also disagree with the laughable nonsense that Jet2 trot out.
  • supermac9
    Options
    ben2909 wrote: »
    I had a flight delay on 7/9/14 which was due to 'unavoidable operational reasons'. I wrote to jet2 and had a replay back around 5 weeks ago saying they are looking at these in date order. Should I give them a little more time or just write to them threatening court action. Also can you found out why the flight was delayed anywhere?

Unfortunately, Jet2 are doing no such thing - when they say that they are looking into things in date order, what they really mean is that they are sitting on their hands while they try to think of more excuses not to pay up. Court action is the only option I'm afraid.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options

It goes on to state in support of our view that this matter is time barred we refer you to matter of clips sold vs Ryan air and Packard v Ryan air. Blah blah

However on investigation we conclude that the delay to your flight was the result of extraordinary circumstances irrespective of the time barring.

In accordance with regulation 16 of regulation 261, the national enforcement body that is responsible for the rights of passengers on flights from Spain to agenicwnestal de segura dad. According to the official list of extr circumstances ... A technical deft like the one which caused the delay in this instance an extraordinary circumstance and there fore not payable.

The lflight was in 2012.

Any ideas on a response etc?

Hi danielleindebt,

Please tell me you posted that in a hurry and there's loads of typos in it, if there isn't its the biggest load of BS I've every seen come from Jet2!

Appalling
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • stevemej
    Options
    Just received the latest claptrap letter from J2
    firstly our claim is now time barred because their ts+cs say we wont sue after 2 years.
    2ndly the tech delay was extraordinary circumstances.
    3rdly the issue of whether a tech issue constitutes an extraordinary circumstance has been referred to the ECJ.
    4thly - they note our ref to the Huzar case but the ECJ sit above the national courts.
  • JPears
    Options
    Usual desperate J2 BS. Ignore and get on with it. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family