PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• dorsetlady
    dorsetlady Posts: 295 Forumite
    edited 11 October 2012 at 11:50AM
    Options
    Just got back from the shops again and have bought one of my best bargains ever! A very large M&S leather holdall for £3.00 from Scope! The colour's not to my taste (lilac) but apart from that it's perfect. I'm sure I saw them in M&S for about £70 last year. :)
  • dorsetlady wrote: »
    Yesterday I bought a pair of Per Una Roma jeans, which looked unworn, for £4.00 from my local hospice shop. I see on the M&S website that they are £32.50 new. I'm so pleased with them as they fit perfectly - I struggle to get trousers and jeans to fit as I need an 8-10 long length which I find hard to find. :)

I always wear Pre Una Roma Jeans - they last an incredibly long time - you won't be disappointed - and what a bargain!:beer:
    Decluttering junk and debt in 2016
    Debts - Vanquis £3500 1/1/16; DFD - when I'm dead with £100,000,000+ interest :eek: UPDATED Feb 2016 £2739.80; DFD June 2016 :j
    Next - £1500 1/1/16 DFD about 10 years time. UPDATED Feb 2016 £1371.16; DFD July 2016 :j
    THE GOAL IS TO HAVE NO DEBT BY THE END OF 2016
  • I spent last week trawling all the Charity Shops to find a hideous outfit for an I love the 80's Birthday Party at the weekend. I managed to find a stonewashed demin dress complete with rhinestones across the shoulders for £3 and a large white clutch bag with red, blue and white "Starksy & Hutch style stripes on it for £1. Shame it cost me another £20 for bangles and beads and fishnet gloves at Claire's Accessories!!

TMD x
    Decluttering junk and debt in 2016
    Debts - Vanquis £3500 1/1/16; DFD - when I'm dead with £100,000,000+ interest :eek: UPDATED Feb 2016 £2739.80; DFD June 2016 :j
    Next - £1500 1/1/16 DFD about 10 years time. UPDATED Feb 2016 £1371.16; DFD July 2016 :j
    THE GOAL IS TO HAVE NO DEBT BY THE END OF 2016
  • empressemma
    Options
    Next shirt for the hubby today 20p!
    I :heart: the strut shop :D

Popped into heart foundation on the high street, asking £16.99 for a pair of boots :eek:
  • EndlessStruggle
    Options
    I bought two lovely Primark tops, like new, same style but different colours for 50p each.
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I'm really sorry to hear that, Bogof_Babe.

I'm not far behind you age-wise and the other day I wore some converse-style striped boots which my young niece declared 'cool!'.

And I still wear my Doc Martens.

Do I need to 'grow up' too?
    Or should I just age disgracefully? :rotfl:
    I'm 71 Pollycat and still wear jeans and I love the sound of those boots!
    I would wear those too, so YES grow old disgracefully!!!!

:rotfl:I think it depends on the jeans. If they are a good brand and fit then we "mature ladies" can probably get away with them, but some of mine are a bit shapeless, and don't do anything for me. I've been wearing them for travelling as I'm up and down the country on trains all the time and they are comfortable and withstand constant washing.

Looking around I would still say that smart and black is the way to go for a more elegant look. You only have to walk around M&S to see about 25 different varieties of... black trousers! Definitely something to suit everyone.

Btw, talking of M&S, what the h*ck are Treggings??? :huh:

Back on topic - I've just bought in Sue Ryder for £20 a Prestige Multi Cooker that retails on Amazon for £99!!! It looks brand new and is top of the range. I've wanted one for 36 years, since my sister had one as a wedding present! Everything eventually comes to she who waits! :j
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• pinkmami
    pinkmami Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    Options
    Got a fleecy hoodie age 11/12 for DD1 by [EMAIL="George@Asda"]George@Asda[/EMAIL] from the BHF for £1.99. its like new!

She loves it!
  • pinkmami
    pinkmami Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and may I please add that I got myself a pair of brown boots off Ebay for £10?! They are spotless, only a few marks on the sole & defionately only worn a couple of times.

Checked the site for others like them & found another seller selling an identical pair that were use with the sticker still on them for a whopping £75!!!!!!!

I GOT A BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hobbitfancier
    Options
    I agree about charity shops raising prices, and some people raise their eyebrows at me when I complain about it "but surely its for charity", but £10 for a tatty Topshop dress is not worth it imo, some people still use these shops out of need and the price hikes are muscling lower income people out of them.

Anyway, haven't been charity shopping in a while but a couple of months ago my best find was a 100% irish wool jumper from the men's section for €3! Not trendy or anything but in a lovely mustard colour and super snug for winter! My wardrobe is mostly wines, greens, browns and mustard tones, so fits in perfectly with what I wear. Chuffed!
  • kitschkitty
    kitschkitty Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bogof_Babe wrote: »

Btw, talking of M&S, what the h*ck are Treggings??? :huh:

Well leggings are leggings, and jeggings are jeans/leggings so I assume treggings are trousers/leggings.

Now what that actually means in terms of cut & fabric I'm none too sure! :rotfl:
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport