received letter from the Benefits Integrity Centre, am on income support, does anyone

Options

Comments

• raven83
    raven83 Posts: 3,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i had one come in last week, nothing was highlighted and had over two weeks to send it off. i am not worried as nothing to hide but it does make you feel a bit paranoid! And have been claiming now for 3 years so i think in my case it is just a general review etc.
    Raven. :grinheart:grinheart:grinheart

• UranusKiller
    UranusKiller Posts: 467 Forumite
    Options
    what did your letter say? and is it a JSA2 form?
  • raven83
    Options
    what did your letter say? and is it a JSA2 form?

Yes it was. And it jsut said because we been claiming for a long period that they needed to make sure we was getting the right amount of money. Nothing was highlighted. I am assuming that you have recieved one too as you seem to be commenting on lotso f posts about this?

• UranusKiller
    edited 6 May 2012 at 12:53PM
    Options
    raven83 wrote: »
    Yes it was. And it jsut said because we been claiming for a long period that they needed to make sure we was getting the right amount of money. Nothing was highlighted. I am assuming that you have recieved one too as you seem to be commenting on lotso f posts about this?
    Yeah i have, mine just says "We need to review your entitlement to job seekers allowance to ensure we are paying you the correct amount of benefit". I received this on Saturday, and need to send off by the 17th. Either-way i don't have more than £5500 combined in banks anyway, bit silly having to write out an entire form again. Ohwell, see what comes of it. Iv'e been claiming since Aug 2010. :|
  • raven83
    Options
    Yeah i have, mine just says "We need to review your entitlement to job seekers allowance to ensure we are paying you the correct amount of benefit". I received this on Saturday, and need to send off by the 17th. Either-way i don't have more than £5500 combined in banks anyway, bit silly having to write out an entire form again. Ohwell, see what comes of it. Iv'e been claiming since Aug 2010. :|

Is any of it highlighted? I got mine last fri (27th) and it said the same, there is nothing highlighted and it had to be sent off by the 8th of may. TBH the form is long but most of the questions don't apply anyway so it doesn't take the long to fill in. I was a bit startled too but from what i can gather if it isn't hightlighted and you been claiming for a period of time then it is just a standard review.

• UranusKiller
    edited 6 May 2012 at 2:26PM
    Options
    raven83 Nope, nothing was highlighted, although there was a large red stamp print stating "Please answer all questions even if they do not apply to you. Failure to do so may effect your entitlement to benefit" that was on the empty page just before you get to the who lives with you questions and savings and so on, so middle of the claim form, etc. Did yours have that?
    You herd out back yet? probably this week or next you should i would imagine.
  • raven83
    edited 6 May 2012 at 2:33PM
    Options
    raven83 Nope, nothing was highlighted, although there was a large red stamp print stating "Please answer all questions even if they do not apply to you. Failure to do so may effect your entitlement to benefit" that was on the empty page just before you get to the who lives with you questions and savings and so on, so middle of the claim form, etc. Did yours have that?
    You herd out back yet? probably this week or next you should i would imagine.

No i posted it on wed probably hear back by next week. Are you worried then? No mine didnt have that i don't think, my is a joint claim anyway so co-habiting wouldn't really apply unless you are single. Is yours a joint claim?

• UranusKiller
    Options
    Well no, because i don't have the combined amount of 5500, but mind you if they wanted my bank statements, all they'd see is in/out goings from betting sites lol, plus all online paid bills etc.
  • raven83
    Options
    Well no, because i don't have the combined amount of 5500, but mind you if they wanted my bank statements, all they'd see is in/out goings from betting sites lol, plus all online paid bills etc.

Well then you have nothing to worry about then, i am sure in your case it is just a review, if they saw my bank statements they wouldnt see anything dodgy, got nothing to hide but it does somehow make you feel like you are guilty of something. Anyway if it is fraud it would be the compliance team that would be dealing with it.

• UranusKiller
    Options
    Yeah i hate the way they try to make you feel like a benefit abuser with the words in which they sometimes use. I hope they do ask for bank statements from me. They will probably ask why do you have allot more money in your bank since you started claiming. Well durr! Many reasons which i don't need to go into. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure