Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 17th Jan 12, 8:22 PM
    • 30,225Posts
    • 47,184Thanks
    savvy
    Making Cards - Ideas (part 6)
    • 17th Jan 12, 8:22 PM
    Making Cards - Ideas (part 6) 17th Jan 12 at 8:22 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , the third thread - Part 3, the fourth thread here - Part 4,
    and the fifth thread - Part 5, it may be a good idea to look at these first for advice or ideas.

This Forum Tip was included in
    MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 04-12-2015 at 4:31 PM.
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones

Page 1
    • mooomin
    • By mooomin 17th Jan 12, 8:31 PM
    • 13,655 Posts
    • 134,514 Thanks
    mooomin
    • 17th Jan 12, 8:31 PM
    • 17th Jan 12, 8:31 PM
    Ooh a lovely shiny new thread

*frolics*
    Comping again

Wins this year: - two night trip to Belgium, 100 Gett taxi credit, tickets to Newcastle game, FIFA 2016 for PS4, stitch markers, Cumberstitching book
  • THE-WIFE
    • 17th Jan 12, 8:45 PM
    • 17th Jan 12, 8:45 PM
    Wow! What a nice and shiny room, echoes a bit though. Thank you, savvy!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"!

• mooomin
    • By mooomin 17th Jan 12, 8:48 PM
    • 13,655 Posts
    • 134,514 Thanks
    mooomin
    • 17th Jan 12, 8:48 PM
    • 17th Jan 12, 8:48 PM
    Wow! What a nice and shiny room, echoes a bit though. Thank you, savvy!
    Originally posted by THE-WIFE
    I bet if we unpack all our stash we'll muffle the echoes

*puts kettle on*
    Comping again

Wins this year: - two night trip to Belgium, 100 Gett taxi credit, tickets to Newcastle game, FIFA 2016 for PS4, stitch markers, Cumberstitching book
  • RustyFlange
    • 17th Jan 12, 9:35 PM
    • 17th Jan 12, 9:35 PM
    Ooooh I came back and we have a shiny new thread!! ..... Thanks Savvy ...

Come on ladies ... lets liven this place up a little .... who's for cake?

The M is of course for making cards

Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • CraftyLouise
    • 17th Jan 12, 9:36 PM
    • 17th Jan 12, 9:36 PM
    I bet if we unpack all our stash we'll muffle the echoes

*puts kettle on*
    Originally posted by flying_fresian
    Too true!

I've got some cakes to go with that cuppa if you're interested?
    • mooomin
    • By mooomin 17th Jan 12, 9:39 PM
    • 13,655 Posts
    • 134,514 Thanks
    mooomin
    • 17th Jan 12, 9:39 PM
    • 17th Jan 12, 9:39 PM
    Too true!

I've got some cakes to go with that cuppa if you're interested?
    Originally posted by CraftyLouise
    Just scoffed chocolate and I have weigh-in at Fat Club tomorrow

If my job wasn't so sh*te at the moment I think I'd be thinner
    Comping again

• savvy
    • By savvy 17th Jan 12, 9:50 PM
    • 30,225 Posts
    • 47,184 Thanks
    savvy
    • 17th Jan 12, 9:50 PM
    • 17th Jan 12, 9:50 PM
    LOL no worries fervent card making dudes, felt you really could do with the room and a fresh bright start to the year

Originally posted by RustyFlange
    WOW Awesome cake Rusty!!!!

I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones

• savvy
    • By savvy 17th Jan 12, 9:53 PM
    • 30,225 Posts
    • 47,184 Thanks
    savvy
    • 17th Jan 12, 9:53 PM
    • 17th Jan 12, 9:53 PM
    If my job wasn't so sh*te at the moment I think I'd be thinner
    Originally posted by flying_fresian
    Ah I can relate to that ff!!!! So annoying hey, stress is my biggest killer and I'm still going through the most I've ever experienced in my whole life!!

• CraftyLouise
    I depressed myself by actually weighing myself today - found out I'm about 3 stone over my "optimum" weight for my height I mean bmi is rubbish at the best of times as it doesn't take into account that muscle weighs more than fat but some how I don't think I have 3 stone of muscle on me... *looks forlornly at spare tummy tyres* It's like that old tv ad where he gets pursued by the giant belly - well belly has well and truly gotten me!!
    • OAP1945
    • By OAP1945 17th Jan 12, 10:24 PM
    • 514 Posts
    • 7,218 Thanks
    OAP1945
    I depressed myself by actually weighing myself today - found out I'm about 3 stone over my "optimum" weight for my height I mean bmi is rubbish at the best of times as it doesn't take into account that muscle weighs more than fat but some how I don't think I have 3 stone of muscle on me... *looks forlornly at spare tummy tyres* It's like that old tv ad where he gets pursued by the giant belly - well belly has well and truly gotten me!!
    Originally posted by CraftyLouise
    No dear you are just a wee bit short for your weight, try stretching
    I think I should measure 7 foot 6
  • THE-WIFE
    Louise, I've just put on quite a few pounds looking at recipes for Kitty, they're all mega-calories.

Off to check out the Canderel website.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"!

• Marg
    • By Marg 17th Jan 12, 10:58 PM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 25,241 Thanks
    Marg
    Savvy - thanks for our shiny new thread. Hope things get better for you very soon.

"I was hoping I wouldn't have to post this but whoever my secret Santa was I never received anything, my brother works for Royal Mail so I have asked him to check in the parcel office just in case

Have spent a few pennies on things, although it is all items I really need so might try that stash ban myself now "

Mad Frog - I'm so very sorry to read that. I do hope that whoever your Secret Santa was gets in touch and helps you to resolve this - lets hope they got a receipt for posting it to help Royal Mail.

Rusty - Love the cake I thought the 'M' was for Marg Hope it's not the one Wifey's made for her DH, complete with Scotch egg.

OAP - I'm another who should be 7'6" or to quote Garfield "I'm not overweight I'm undertall"
  • CraftyLouise
    Marg, don't know if you saw my post on the other thread but have blogged the card you helped me finish Quite literally couldn't have done it without you
    • louby-lou-lou
    • By louby-lou-lou 17th Jan 12, 11:40 PM
    • 1,483 Posts
    • 9,607 Thanks
    louby-lou-lou
    oooh lovely new thread

iv'e always said i wouldn't be fat if only i had grown. Think i stopped at 10 i'm tiny 4 ft 10''
    really in a panic about weight at the mo as going on hol in 12 weeks with both my bean pole sister in-laws and niece, really don't want to be blamed for them not getting a tan

better join the weightloss thread as can't afford or have time for a gym, i walk every day and swim when i can but sadly i'm the type that can eat lettuce all week and not loose any weight

just bought a craft mag today and the freebie was forever friends black and gold cd rom can't wait to use.
    Mummy to 2 wonderful boys

Want to be fit for 30 not fat at 30
    but i want never gets!!!
    • flourgirl
    • By flourgirl 18th Jan 12, 8:34 AM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 44,884 Thanks
    flourgirl

Originally posted by RustyFlange

Gorgeous cake Rusty, thought that was a jug of peas in the background for those on diets must get some new specs

Happy New Thread part 6

Thank you Savvy x
    • flourgirl
    • By flourgirl 18th Jan 12, 8:38 AM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 44,884 Thanks
    flourgirl
    Wifey, I left you a Copics link on the old thread. Love the new Kitty, not sure about the Scotch Egg Cake though bet Heston Bloominfool would like it!!
    • flourgirl
    • By flourgirl 18th Jan 12, 8:45 AM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 44,884 Thanks
    flourgirl
    Mad Frog, Thank you soooo much for my lovely Christmas card, I loved the charm with the "hart's-horns" on, very clever, sorry I didn't return the kindness but time just ran out. I hope your secret santa gets in touch with you soon.
  • THE-WIFE
    Thank you for the link, flourgirl, off to check that out in a minute as I'm extremely unbusy here at work, nobody here so Wifey plays!

• RustyFlange
    oooh lovely new thread

iv'e always said i wouldn't be fat if only i had grown. Think i stopped at 10 i'm tiny 4 ft 10''
    really in a panic about weight at the mo as going on hol in 12 weeks with both my bean pole sister in-laws and niece, really don't want to be blamed for them not getting a tan

better join the weightloss thread as can't afford or have time for a gym, i walk every day and swim when i can but sadly i'm the type that can eat lettuce all week and not loose any weight

just bought a craft mag today and the freebie was forever friends black and gold cd rom can't wait to use.
    Originally posted by louby-lou-lou
    Can I ask which mag it was please?

Flourgirl - I think I emailed you to say thankyou for my christmas card, but in case I forgot (which is very naughty of me if I did) Thankyou!

louise - Belly got me too!!

Madfrog - I really hope you find out what has happened to your secret santa, maybe whoever organised it can tell you who it was so you can contact them? This is why I won't do the secret santa now, because both years I did it, I never recieved anything.

Here is a copic link I am using at the minute, I have tried and tested some of these colours and they are fab!!

Have any of you made cake pops? I am thinking of making some for OH's birthday, a friend of mine is making me 10 cupcakes for him, and I think we will be going out for a meal, but I might do a buffet tea on his birthday and leave the meal until the friday night so the kiddies can be up later etc!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,164Posts Today

8,093Users online

Martin's Twitter