Tesco Kitchens

Options

Comments

• Acremead
    Acremead Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    phill99 wrote: »
    Very soon, there will onmly be one brand on the High Street and that will be Tesco.

I won't buy from Tesco after hearing this story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7367127.stm

Basically they decided not to sue the newspaper running the articles but to go after the individual journalist. What journalist can afford to criticise a multinational if he knows he's going to risk bankruptcy? Looks like a classic bully-boy tactic to me.
  • cddc
    cddc Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unless you get a particulary good deal from them which is fairly unlikely as their sales force is comission only based so the salesperson is unlikely to be overly generous, I can see no reason unless you are a clubcard fiend that you cannot do better for less elsewhere.

For example Ikea if you are on a budget, or innumerable others if you a looking to spend a bit more.
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going to go to BHS for my new Merc next week. Sheesh!

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    Options
    Why are you bothering to ask on here how much a Tesco kitchen might cost. The best people to tell you are Tesco. ask them, then you will know exactly how much.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • WilliamWatt
    Options
    keystone wrote: »
    I'm going to go to BHS for my new Merc next week. Sheesh!

Cheers

Yeah coz that's comparative argument.
    With that said, if BHS DID do mercs, and I could get a better deal from them than somewhere else then guess where I'd be going!
    There seems to be a lot of comments about Tesco and not tesco kitchens! which I thought this thread was about?
  • WilliamWatt
    Options
    naomi123 wrote: »
    Sounds like the same spiel we got....

Problem was they couldnt tell me the model of the appliances we would get- I dont want a free dishwasher if it leaves my dishes dirty!
    We were also told they were all about customer service and Tesco would never !!!! their customers off.... problem was a week later they didnt even manage to deliver a £50 online shop so why should I invest 10k with them??!!!

If I'd had your experience and your quote I wouldn't have went with them either! Time will tell and I will come back and post once it's finished.
  • premkit
    premkit Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    i am a fitter, and can tell you tescos units are poor. over priced basic kitchen i was fitting 20 years ago. best of the sheds is wickes and magnet, the rest are either very poor or very expensive for average units.
  • CKdesigner
    CKdesigner Posts: 1,234 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

There is no such thing as 'Free fitting'. It is the same with 'Free dishwasher', 'Half price kitchens' or really 'Free anything'.

You are always paying for it somewhere.

Oh, and never ever agree to buy anything 'on the night', these are not kitchen professionals, they are just high pressure sales people.

CK
  • WilliamWatt
    Options
    I really wish someone would come on and say 'I've got a tesco kitchen and it's rubbish' otherwise it's nothing but heresy. Of course nothings free; I would always go for an overall price comparison. where's the first hand horror stories?? The only valid point I can see is Naomi123's.
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    Options
    A pleasure. "I have got a Tesco Kitchen and its rubbish". :D

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure