Options
antonypetershaw
antonypetershaw Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 31 July 2013 at 3:17PM in Consumer rights
Official MSE Insert:

Please read our note "Found an unknown direct debit?"

----

Watch out!

This company "shopperdiscounts.co.uk" is linked/attached to Ticketmaster and other sites and [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM].

They will refund but if you don't check you are down £120 a year

Comments

• MT90
    MT90 Posts: 1,446 Forumite
    edited 31 July 2013 at 3:18PM
    Options
    This is a well known [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] (not well enough though) Watchdog really need to get on it, few mins slot would save thousands of people alot.

They claim that you go through to a second page after ordering, and on that page you are offered discount of future shops, and they claim to ask you for your card number to confirm you agree to the T&Cs of free first month than £10 there after. Of course 90% of people swear blind they never reentered their card details, the rest not remembering.

I know for a fact I didn't enter my card details, so rang up after being billed for 4 months, the first person said they could only cancel the membership and refund that months, asked to speak to her manager, who without even asking gave me a full refund.

They have to give a full refund so no one should settle for less.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MT90 wrote: »
    I know for a fact I didn't enter my card details
    So... to repeat Freddie_Snowbits' question...

Bloody hell, how did they get your account details?
  • MT90
    MT90 Posts: 1,446 Forumite
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    So... to repeat Freddie_Snowbits' question...

Bloody hell, how did they get your account details?

Sorry didn't answer. They are in partnership with companies. Pizza hut gave my details away. Ticketmaster gave the OPs details away.

can't believe any company would think it is good business practice, when a customer finds out they are going to be !!!!ed, all for what? short term monetary gain from commission?
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its relatively easy to get a FULL refund, this has been a long on going topic on MSE, further details and how to claim a FULL REFUND are here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=819869
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • maceylm
    maceylm Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 31 July 2013 at 3:21PM
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else already has but I've just reported them to watchdog and will be contacting trading standards as I too have been [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] £80!!!! mine was from thetrainline.com EVERYBODY WATCH OUT!!!!
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The maximum anyone should lose is £10, doesn't everyone check their statements regularly ?
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry didn't answer. They are in partnership with companies. Pizza hut gave my details away. Ticketmaster gave the OPs details away
    They claim that you go through to a second page after ordering, and on that page you are offered discount of future shops, and they claim to ask you for your card number to confirm you agree to the T&Cs of free first month than £10 there after. Of course 90% of people swear blind they never reentered their card details, the rest not remembering.

So putting the fact pizza hut passed on your card details aside for now, you knew what you was signing up to and for how much?

So irrespective of how they got your details, your still liable for payment... no?

:s
  • magentalady
    Options
    arcon5 wrote: »
    So putting the fact pizza hut passed on your card details aside for now, you knew what you was signing up to and for how much?

So irrespective of how they got your details, your still liable for payment... no?

:s

I think the key word here is 'claim' - they say they've asked for your details, but it sounds like neither of the posters here actually provided them.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maceylm wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else already has but I've just reported them to watchdog and will be contacting trading standards as I too have been ripped off £80!!!! mine was from thetrainline.com EVERYBODY WATCH OUT!!!!

i think people are aware of them with so many threads abound
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    i think people are aware of them with so many threads abound

They've been about for a couple of years now, it's not a recent thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure