🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Center Parcs?

Options
I love Center Parcs, but it is so expensive!! is there any way of saving money - any vouchers etc??

Just looked at a weekend in August - £700!!!!! :eek:

Comments

• Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,178 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They stopped the discount codes last year.:( Now the further away the holiay is the cheaper it is so the only way is to book as far in advance as you can. A w/end in Aug is likely to be expensive due to the school summer hols.

Something I've done before is look where Teacher training Days fall and see if you can get a cheaper break over that w/end-obviously it won't work for August.
  • welshgirl_michelle
    Options
    yes there is a way of getting is slightly cheaper. if you have recently returned from center parcs and book within 1 month of returning they you get free cancellation insurance nd insurance & £25 vouchers to spend at center parcs (this is some saving) also if your accommodation drops in price after you book then you can claim back the difference (ours dropped £10 within 2 months of booking and we were able 2 claim the £10 back & my mums friends accommodation dropped by £30) you can only do this tho if you book within 1 month of returning
  • kristie567
    Options
    Weekends are more expensive than mid-week holidays. Also school holidays are expensive
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,178 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There isn't a way of getting an initial Center Parcs break cheaper though, just the initiatives that welshgirl-michelle describes on a return visit if you book in time and constantly look at their advertised prices to ensure you haven't paid more.

I'd love to know what happened to Center Parcs bookings after they stopped discount codes. Did they drop, did they make no difference or increase as more people stopped holidaying abroad?

On the teacher training day front LIBAD that I mentioned for spotting hols, both mine are in Junior school next year and the school has sent out a holiday list and they are off a Thursday and Friday together just 'randomly' (ie not attached to a school holiday week) next year. That's def one I shall be looking into for potential holidays. ;)
  • Lifeisbutadream
    Lifeisbutadream Posts: 13,102 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all your thoughts - even with the £25 vouchers its still very expensive - I just can't justify it ! we own a timeshare abroad which is cheaper to go to for a week than that!

We cant go mid week because we are already taking the kids out of school for a week in October.

OH and I are busy with our business all summer - it would have been lovely to go away for a weekend to break it up - never mind!
  • welshgirl_michelle
    Options
    just a thought .. you could keep an eye out on ebay (you'd be surprised how many people book their hols and then cant go & they advertise it on ebay) i alway look on ebay b4 we plan on booking and maybe this way you could go away on the dates you want for much much cheaper (most sellers also offer to pay the transfer of names fee too) hardly any on ebay right now but keep checking :)
  • Lifeisbutadream
    Options
    just a thought .. you could keep an eye out on ebay (you'd be surprised how many people book their hols and then cant go & they advertise it on ebay) i alway look on ebay b4 we plan on booking and maybe this way you could go away on the dates you want for much much cheaper (most sellers also offer to pay the transfer of names fee too) hardly any on ebay right now but keep checking :)

Thanks - fab idea! :)
  • cbrpaul
    cbrpaul Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spendless wrote: »

I'd love to know what happened to Center Parcs bookings after they stopped discount codes. Did they drop, did they make no difference or increase as more people stopped holidaying abroad?
    . ;)

Im sure Centre parcs were on BBC,c watchdog regarding their prices, and the fact they quadrupled in school holidays , and apparently the CEO of CP said that they are fully booked year in year out , so have no plans to alter their costs , if anything they will go up !!!!

I think CP is going into the " higher end " market of holiday maker !!!
  • Lifeisbutadream
    Options
    cbrpaul wrote: »
    I think CP is going into the " higher end " market of holiday maker !!!

I have to say, with fear of sounding like a snob, thats why we like going :o

I suppose you get what you pay for !
  • cbrpaul
    cbrpaul Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have to say, with fear of sounding like a snob, thats why we like going :o

I suppose you get what you pay for !

Yes i know exactly where your coming from there :o , maybe thats why its doing so well , ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport