Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 April 2014 at 1:37PM
    Options
    mfw 2014 update

Due to laziness and burying my head in the sand over the tiny op's made this year , I have not updated every month as usual. So here is this years payments made so far, which should hopefully get much bigger now I am trying harder!

£1208.02 off large loan (incl.capital reduction only)
    £408.56 Santander
    £47.02 Fluid
    £359.55 mbna
    £32.24 mortgage op's

Total: £2055.39

Savings added £300 premium bonds.

Left to pay :

£145,896.57 mortgage
    £12,037 loft loan
    £8,765.51 mbna
    £4,702.50 fluid

£171,401.58

Its not where we should be at this point in the year, but ive also spent a few hundred switching the deals on the cards when the 0% 's ran out. Plus we have bought a few premium bonds and paid the deposit on a mini cruise, and saved around £180 ish for xmas. Other than that no excessive spending really.

Back later with a break down for the rest of the year, apologies for the big red letters its just easier to scan back through when updating every month.

2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    Right, plan done.

April:

• £300 for birthdays (all 3's birthdays in july)
    • £305.83 capital reduction on loft loan
    • £87.65 mbna 0% cc
    • £47.02 fluid 0% cc
    • £20 on a silver coin
    • £524 clearing the grocery cc I no longer use, this also contributed to less op's for the last few months as I was 2x months behind myself with the grocery budget as I switched to an all cash system.
    May

• £305.83 loan
    • £46.54 fluid cc
    • £1237.86 mbna cc
    That's the next couple of months sorted hopefully, we may have to spend some money on the garden though as we are getting rid of the rotten decking and paving it, dh has promised the underneath beams to his friend to use as a base for his new decking, so we really need to pave ours asap or it will be a mud bath. Not sure how to finance it yet, either with a little cash from the budget and turf it (short term) or spend around £1k and pave it with cheaply priced sandstone we have found (long term). We may be coming into some money in the next month or so and could pay for it out of that.

2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    edited 20 April 2014 at 8:11AM
    Options
    Happy Easter , blooming ipad won't let me add cute bunny icons :(

We are off to my aunts for lunch, its in a lovely little village but an hours drive away so will double the petrol costs for this week. Gosh that sounds mean :rotfl:

Feeling really back in the swing of things mf wise, I was a bit gutted yesterday to see I've only paid £32.24 off the mortgage this year, but even with the debts taking priority I think I can improve.

We seem to have more food in the house since switching to ald*, it's made a really big change with no extra money being spent. I also popped to l*dl yesterday to try and get a chocolate chicken (sold out) and our nearest one which is about 5 miles away has had a revamp, it even has an Instore bakery, I shall have to give it a go for a proper shop.

Off to make a big batch of laundry gloop again as I only made a bottle full the other day :D

Oops forgot to mention to anyone with cats or dogs , I have just ordered some very cheap flea treatment after seeing it on the food and groceries thread , cats only £1 a month and its the same ingredients as fr*ntline.
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Chocolate chicken???????
  • newgirly
    Options
    I collect the old fashioned ceramic chicken sitting on top of a basket egg holders , its one of those but made from chocolate :D
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    Happy Easter , blooming ipad won't let me add cute bunny icons :(

:icotbaske:easter_os:easter::easter_ba:EasterBun

There you go :D

Would chipped bark be a cheapish short-term fix for the patio until you could afford the sandstone?? L*dl had some in for £1.99 a 35L bag.
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow! That is a lot of chocolate!
  • newgirly
    edited 21 April 2014 at 6:52AM
    Options
    Ah thanks pink poppy, and thank you for visiting my thread so often when I really don't have much to say :D

Lovely meal yesterday at my aunts and I even came home wit an egg from mum and dad.

My friend who has just returned from Thailand recently has said she will pop in today and the house is not in any state for visitors so I've got up early to blitz the boys she will see , plus I have a mountain of ironing to do at some point.

Off to bake a loaf to have with balsamic vinegar and olive oil later , the diet starts tomorrow so I need to enjoy today :p

Oops , thanks pink poppy re the heads up on bark, I can't use it in the back due to the dog but do need a bag for the front as we have a little mini flower bed in the middle of he paved drive , I looked in bq last week but it was about £7 a bag , so thanks!
  • newgirly
    Options
    Back to the gym last night for a swim, we've had a few weeks off and it really shows :o

Big batch of butter beans and garlic/tomatoes cooked in the slow cooker last night, plus another loaf in the BM is on , not helpful when you are trying to diet though, it smells divine!

Will check accts now and make a small op to the mortgage with whatever Tilly tides I can find :D
  • newgirly
    Options
    It been an exciting day (for a sad mfw :p) a big approved food delivery , plus my silver coin has arrived :D

Its a 1oz Canadian maple and is much bigger and heavier than I expected. I may well have to start a little collection for the future!

I had a great day shopping in £1 land and primarni with my best friend, best buys were £3 canvas shoes for work and spotty summer cups for £2 for 4.

I've also spent money on some tickets to see the royal opera house ballet Alice in wonderland in December as part of dd's birthday present, only at the live cinema showing unfortunately not on the London stage sadly, she is very pleased as she helped make part of the set during her time volunteering there.

Weekly cash budgeting is going well, although no savings yet due to the couple of weekends away we had , I may end up with a little left over at the end of this week and have washed out a coffee jar to stash it in :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback