tshirtsville - seems I have a problem

Options
hi,

In May I ordered a AC:DC tshirt from this site and since I havent heard so much as a peep from them. Today I checked with my family to see if they had received the item at home (its a gift for my step-dad) and they still hadn't.

I rang them this morning and spoke to a extremely unpleasant lady who claimed that as the band has decided to make the tshirt exclusive to their coming tour they have cancelled my order and refunded my money. I was online at the time and check my bank a/c and the payment hadn't arrived. She then claimed that "finance" had stated the payment was likely held up at the bank and I should give it a few days. I am worried, its not a huge amount of money (£18) but it would mean I would find it difficult to buy another present for my step-dad.

Is there anything else I can do?

Jen

Comments

• Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Options
    Refunds can take a few days to credit into your account, I'd give them a few days for it to appear. If you haven't got it by, say next Friday, I'd chase them again...
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

• maggie111
    maggie111 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    Can you not look for an alternative on their site and ask for that instead? Make sure you speak to someone different to the mean lady. Ring up the bank, who might be able to tell you if they see any incoming funds, sometimes it takes a while to process and put into your account.
    I love surprises!
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I had a nightmare with them a few years ago. No contact, no goods and a month long fight to get a refund.
  • top_drawer_2
    top_drawer_2 Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I will give it until Monday or thereabouts and then look into it again. I emailled them ages ago x2 and they have never answered either. There was no offer of a replacement which was why I thought it was strange. It seemed to be a one-man band sort of place, "finance" shouted across the room that the payment may take time and she answered the phone on both occassions.

If I dont get some joy soon then I will contact trading standards.

Jen
  • Tshirtsville
    Options
    Hi
    Jim from Tshirtsville here.
    I believe the tshirt in question was the Iron Maiden Chopper tshirt.
    We were expecting stock in only to be told by the supplier that the band's management company had decided not to release it until after the band's tour. When we discovered this we refunded the payments for the orders that we had received and emailed customers to advise them of this.
    Customers with spam-filters may not have received this communication.
    The refund was processed on 9th June, but as we all know Banks are not always too speedy in crediting accounts.
    Best regards
    Jim
  • hawkwinddotcom
    Options
    Jim

I believe that you need permission to post before representing a company.
    3.78 kWp PV SolarEdge with iBoost South facing.
    30° pitch roof 4% shading. Installed 6th June 18.
    Gloucester
  • isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jim

I believe that you need permission to post before representing a company.

Hi,

I agree that Jim should have asked for permission, but at least you could have thanked for trying to put the record straight :confused: .... he didn't try & hide, just explained what had happened ... hopefully this will help the OP and put their mind at rest.

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • tonybute
    Options
    I have ordered a cars heartbeat city T shirt online beginning of may was told after a few weeks it was on order and would be in on the 6th June
    Nothing so far and they wont answer any e mail

Stay well clear
  • Tony_greece
    Options
    I ordered 3 t-shirts in the end of march.. When they all arrived 2 out of 3 were wrong(one wrong size and one wrong model). After some e-mails they told me to send them back with a cheap mail with my own expences (they said they will refund me the expences). At 1st of June and after an e-mail i had sent, they told me that they have received them i are waiting for the correct ones and that they will inform me when they ship them. I e-mailed them again at 19th of June asking for the status.NO reply since then.The phone is always busy or noone answers. I do not think they respect me at all as a client. Their behaviour and the fact that trhey do not reply seems suspect to me.
  • Tshirtsville
    Options
    Hi, Jim at Tshirtsville here again.
    The gentleman that purchased the Cars tshirt was refunded on 22nd June, in reply to an email.
    I hope you dont mind me posting this information.
    If the Greek gentleman can contact me directly at [EMAIL="jim@tshirtsville.com"]jim@tshirtsville.com[/EMAIL], I will be glad to help him. I would post the details on here, but I dont know which order he is referring to.
    I managed to find the information regarding the Cars tshirt as it is the only one we have ever sold.
    Jim
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport