£300-£400 return flights to Australia, New Zealand, Bali, Singapore

Options
MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
15 June 2009

What's the deal?

Singapore Airlines is running a seat sale from London, with return flights to Melbourne for £389 and Sydney and Brisbane £399, including most taxes & charges (the next cheapest is c. £600). There’re also flights to New Zealand for an astonishing £359, as well as Singapore £295 and Bali £319 ALL-IN! This is cheapest in MoneySaving Towers' memory!

The deal's on flights departing from London Heathrow between 1 September to 09 December 09 and 16 January to 31 March 2010 - which is SUMMER time down under. There is still good availability at the moment, but the sale ends 30 June, so you'll have to be quick.

How to find 'em

The flights are available direct through Singapore Airlines, but for a more advanced search you can use screenscraper Kayak*. Enter your trip details and it’ll zip them to scores of normal airlines, including Qantas, to find the cheapest.

If you don’t mind when you fly, there’s a quick way to get an idea which dates are available. On the Kayak homepage, enter London to Sydney (or the whichever destination you're looking for).
A box of ‘best fares’ should then appear on the right hand side. If you flick through the months, it should be clear which dates have £399 flights. Just search for a flight leaving on that date, and hopefully the cheap fare will still be available.

Remember for safety if booking, pay on a credit card to get extra protection, see the Section 75 guide for full info.

11am Wed. Quick update from Martin

As always when we do flight sale posts, a few people don't find a flight and write in the discussion below "it's a con." Well its not a con, if it was we wouldn't list it.

There are many flights available at these prices ALL-IN. We don't just rely on sale literature we diligently check the prices through and find examples of our own before we'd ever give a deal this much prominence. In fact one antipodean member of the MSE Team has booked a flight home for all his family at this price - and you'll see many people who've successfully bagged a bargain below.

So if you can't find one, or the price inc taxes & charges is much higher, don't assume its a con, just the sales flights have gone from that date. In which case try another date rate (always remembering the sale is only on from 1/9 to 9/12 this year and 16/1 to 31/3 in 2010

Don't assume it’s automatically cheapest though
Always compare it to the results from the Cheap & Free Flights guide

This deal was originally spotted by MoneySaver marble, and this post was inserted to give everyone the full lowdown. Thanks for the fantastic find!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

* Using these links helps the site stay ad-free and free to use, as they’re ‘affiliated links’ which invisibly take you via price comparison services like Moneysupermarket or affiliate sites, this then means if you end up getting a product this site gets revenue

You shouldn’t notice any difference, the links don’t impact the product at all and the editorial line (the things we write) is NEVER impacted by the revenue. If it isn’t possible to get an affiliate link for the best product, its still listed in the same way. The following link Kayak is an identical unaffiliated link provided for the sake of transparency. Click on the following link for more details on how this site's financed.

Comments

• marble
    marble Posts: 258 Forumite
    edited 12 June 2009 at 10:53PM
    Options
    There is a sale starting with Singapore Airlines from tomorrow (the prices haven't changed yet). Some really good prices:

Singapore 295 GBP
    Bali (Denpasar) 319 GBP
    Manila 319 GBP
    Hong Kong 425 GBP
    Bangkok 329 GBP
    Kuala Lumpur 329 GBP
    Perth 389 GBP
    Adelaide 395 GBP
    Brisbane 399 GBP
    Melbourne 389 GBP
    Sydney 399 GBP
    Auckland 369 GBP
    Christchurch 359 GBP

See here for more details

Above fares valid for travel between 1 September to 9 December 2009 and 16 January to 31 March 2010.

Get in there quick as they're likely to sell out quick!
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just listening to the BBC Travel correspondent talking about this deal. Cheaper from London to Christchurch, South Island, New Zealand than a first class, open train fare from London to Manchester.
  • flyingbug
    flyingbug Posts: 327 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Has anyone managed to get a sale flight yet?

I keep getting this message

icon_error.gif Our site is experiencing overwhelming booking requests. Please try again later.

I will keep trying for flights to brisbane any date would be good
    To create more positive results in your life,replace
    'IF ONLY' with next time
  • marble
    marble Posts: 258 Forumite
    Options
    flyingbug wrote: »
    I keep getting this message

icon_error.gif Our site is experiencing overwhelming booking requests. Please try again later.

Yeah, looks like the site is quite bogged down at the moment. I guess the fact that the it's been on the BBC and various internet sites means it's getting a fair bit of attention.

If you keep hitting the button on the page you are on ('Continue' or whatever), you get through eventually (took about 10 hits per page for me).
  • Moonchild
    Moonchild Posts: 802 Forumite
    Options
    The same prices have been made available to Travel companies. If you are worried about seats going fast as they will do, pick up the phone and speak to a good travel company...
  • Supreme_2
    Supreme_2 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    I just booked my flights for £407!!
    I was amazed, as everything else i have been looking at was £750+

London > Melbourne
    Sydney > London

Though i did have to pay £125 for exit row seats on all the flights :(
  • bc3000
    bc3000 Posts: 758 Forumite
    Options
    omg! i really wanna go to bali or something.. too bad i don't have the money! :( these are super cheap though!
  • old_motters
    old_motters Posts: 292 Forumite
    Options
    Great price! And on Singapore Airlines too. Amazing!
  • e00c
    e00c Posts: 228 Forumite
    Options
    My partner told me about this 'deal'.

I said there's got to be some con, I've only just got home - so i'm checking it out as I type...

So far - for 2 adults and our baby : london > perth = £846 (cheap fares... but high tax) - are there any hiden fee's?! "checking in fee" lugage etc etc..... thats when the price starts to creap up!!
  • Moonchild
    Moonchild Posts: 802 Forumite
    Options
    e00c wrote: »
    My partner told me about this 'deal'.

I said there's got to be some con, I've only just got home - so i'm checking it out as I type...

So far - for 2 adults and our baby : london > perth = £846 (cheap fares... but high tax) - are there any hiden fee's?! "checking in fee" lugage etc etc..... thats when the price starts to creap up!!

You've obviously not flown Singapore Airlines before!

No hidden extras, free meals (I had an amazing steak last month on them), free booze, best entertainment system in the sky (which has iPod docking system, a control pad with Qwerty keypad, Microsoft Office if you want to work..), sexy hostesses (of both sexes!) and you get to fly the A380.

You won't be getting a better deal! Except if you combine it with their Singapore Stopover package where you could bag yourself a night in Singapore with transfers for £1 each...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure