Abbey Home Improvements Ltd, Hull

Options
I was recentley contacted by this company, ABBEY HOME IMPROVEMENTS LTD. UNIT D3A CHAMBERLAIN BUSINESS CENTRE, HULL, HU8 8HL who claimed to be the new owners of a company called Fascia Fascia Ltd who had fitted my Fasica Soffits and guttering.

They said that the company had gone into liquidation and that they were the ex-employees that used to run the Hull office, which along with the Wakefield office was now shut.

They told me that they had set up to take over all the outstanding contracts, and that as I had placed an order last September to have my windows replaced in April I should now have the work done by them. They said there would be a small increase in the price and that I would need to sign a new contract with the new company name on it.

I told them that I was not interested as I had never heard of them and it all sounded doggy to me. I phoned the free phone number for Fascia Fascia Ltd and spoke to a man who was most distressed and said I was very lucky.

It turns out that Abbey Home Improvements Ltd, Hull was indeed set up by ex-employees of Fascia Fascia Ltd but had decided to steal all the companies forward contracts and use them to set up their own company.

It seems they managed to CON £250,000 worth of business out of unsuspecting customers who they lied to and managed to convince into signing new contracts. Poor Fascia Fascia Ltd had no idea that this was happening until they started recieving calls from unhappy customers wanting deposits back.

Is this Fraud? If so should they be reported to the police for what they have done?

I would say if you have had any contact from this company, keep a long distance from them, it is run by crooks who are happy to lie to the public just to line their own pockets!

I have now had my windows fitted by Fascia Fascia Ltd and once again I am over joyed with the quality of the work, the care that the fitters took with the job and my home and I am more than happy to recommend them to anyone.
Always search for the truth yourself and dont just accept what your told.

Comments

• SpammyTheSpammer
    SpammyTheSpammer Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 April 2009 at 7:37AM
    Options
    Aren't they the same people who already have a thread on this site: -

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=576347

The posting uses words like BARGEPOLE, so it is probably best to avoid them?
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    You're right, Spammy - Cinimod (or CINIMOD) is working very hard to promote Fascia Fascia - even to the extent of dragging up a thread that's a year old.

Business must be bad. :rolleyes:

'overjoyed with the quality of work' - my a**e!. :rolleyes:
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    But hey, at least he's keeping them bumped - this will serve as a good warning to anyone else who might be taken in by them!!

Good work Cinimod - on behalf of the consumer, and not your own company. Whoops!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 April 2009 at 12:37PM
    Options
    It's spelt "dodgy",not "doggy" cinimod/CINIMOD...

Why not report it to the Police then come back and give us your findings?
    No?
    I thought not.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    It's spelt "dodgy",not "doggy" cinimod/CINIMOD...

PMSL :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Maybe Cinimod meant he though the workmanship was a bit woof.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What's more shocking-apparently there is a home improvements company out there that is "prepared to lie to the public just to line their own pockets"..now there's a first...:rotfl:
  • Takoda
    Takoda Posts: 1,846 Forumite
    Options
    This is like Camerabox all over again. I love it when directors come on here to plug their own products/company and think we can't see through it immediately - so funny!

They must think we're stupid.
  • SpammyTheSpammer
    edited 13 April 2009 at 5:26PM
    Options
    I might give Abbey Home Improvements Ltd, Hull a call tomorrow, tell them about this thread and get them to add their comments about FASCIA FASCIA. As ex-employees, I bet that they have a most interesting story to reveal to us....

I suspect that they may know Cinimod/CINIMOD and that will also be worth waiting for!
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
  • SpammyTheSpammer
    edited 14 April 2009 at 8:41PM
    Options
    Their owner has kindly pointed me to their web page: -

http://www.abbeyhomeimprovements.co.uk/

There is a contact email address on that page and I am looking forward to seeing their comments on these threads on FASCIA FASCIA in the near future....
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Just remind me again, Spammy - how big is that wooden spoon?
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport