Abbey Home Improvements Ltd, Hull

Options

Comments

• Takoda
    Takoda Posts: 1,846 Forumite
    edited 19 April 2009 at 12:09AM
    Options
    So we have a 'customer' of FASCISTS FASCISTS who having had guttering fitted by this outfit is still so in love with the product and the company that he trawls the internet on their behalf posting messages in support of them and criticising their competition! Yeah right! And there really is a TOOTH FAIRY!

So we're supposed to believe that this guy was so pleased with his guttering and windows that he writes letters to Trading Standards on their behalf. Yeah right and there really is a SANTA CLAUS!

And his soffits are so great that as a reward for such a great service he keeps a look out for possibly libellous posts and contacts the company about them thus ensuring that they are removed. Yeah right and there really are FAIRIES living at the bottom of my garden!!!

So if he's pleased with a delivery person does he take them out to lunch?
    So if he's happy with the service his milkman provides does he buy him a birthday present?
    His gardener regularly enjoys a case of the finest champagne provided out of gratitude by Mr Cinimod.

Why did he feel it neceassary to explain that although there is a Dominic (Cinimod) working for FIASCO FIASCO he only started working there recently whereas our Cinimod posted his message 2 years ago???

Dear Dominic we are very unlikely to do 'columbo work' about FF because after this thread and the others we wouldn't touch them with someone else's bargepole!

There have been a couple of instances where a representative of a company has done some good by coming on here. Those times are when it is obvious that a company cares about providing a good service and respects its customers.

The rest of the time (including this time) the employee/director actually makes themself look stupid and does nothing but harm to their cause.

Out of interest - are there any genuine members of MSE who live in the area covered by FF and would now consider using them for a quote or actual work? I sure wouldn't.
  • SpammyTheSpammer
    Options
    I have just got a report from someone who called Hull Trading Standards to check on these alleged "complaints from angry consumers who have been conned" by Abbey. Needless to say, my contact stated that Hull Trading Standards had no knowledge at all of any such complaints against Abbey, in fact they did not have ANY complaints about Abbey. I'll get my contact to write to Hull Trading Standards so as to get this in writing.

However, they DID tell my contact that FASCIA FASCIA are NOT on their approved list for building work etc. They also refused to comment when asked if they had complaints about FASCIA FASCIA Ltd....

If anyone from Hull Trading Standards is reading this, perhaps they can confirm?
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,740 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Wow! Pretty good detective work there, Spammy.

You don't have a moustache and talk with a Belgian accent by any chance do you? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • SpammyTheSpammer
    SpammyTheSpammer Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 April 2009 at 12:26PM
    Options
    How very dare you! I had a FULL wax job on Saturday afternoon thanks for asking,
    and, frankly, am still smarting....

PS
    Anyone else ever tried putting their thong in the freezer?
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No mines not working, its my fault for buying one from Freezer Freezer of Yorkshire
  • SpammyTheSpammer
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    No mine's not working, its my fault for buying one from Freezer Freezer of Yorkshire

I was just wondering as mine came out with an ice lolly and a lot peas stuck to it. Although it was very cooling when I wore it, it did make some rather odd lumps through my clothing for a while.

Luckilly it was a Low-Cal Lemonade Sparkle lolly so there was not much staining.

PS
    I added the possessive apostrophe to your quote above as the absence of those annoys me....
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cimond do you have any news for us?
  • max2009
    max2009 Posts: 543 Forumite
    Options
    I hear abbey are looking to track down the cinimod poster for libel.
  • SpammyTheSpammer
    Options
    DOMINIC/CINIMOD is not that hard to find – just give Fascia Fascia Ltd a call and ask to speak to him....
  • Takoda
    Takoda Posts: 1,846 Forumite
    Options
    I work for Abbey homeImprovements, and have to Ensure you that you are in safe hands , The Work is First Class, carried out by our Own fitters ! Customers pay on Completion When they are totally happy !! We have many years experience in the home improvement market, and believe, customer satisfaction, aftercare service are paramount. Be wise and draw your own conclusions reference us you will be impressed with our proffesional attitude and efficent service x
    Thankyou for reading this post

Couldn't Abbey have got someone with better spelling and grammar to post for them. there are loads of unnecessary capital letters too!

Hope you pay more attention to detail on your home improvement jobs than you do when writing something potential customers might read!

To be honest once a firm has been mentioned in vent on MSE I wouldn't touch them with someone else's bargepole and that includes the FASCIST FASCIST outfit too.

You say you are professional but you end your post with a KISS??????? !!!!!!?

This has to be another FASCIST FASCIST attempt at discreditation!

Morons!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport