I Am Going To Sue ORANGE!

Options
I thought some of you guys might be interested in my battle with Orange who have been chasing me for only £23. I changed from them in 2007 to Talk Talk and then my problems started when they started to write to me saying I still owed them £23.

Following a battle I have two letters from them in 2007 which apologized to me and said that no further claim for money would be made against me.

And then two months ago the DLC Debt Collecting Agency started to Harass me with Telephone calls and Letters.

I have sued a Company 3 years ago and I was awarded £950 (Which the Company Paid) so they are messing with the wrong bloke.

I sent this off yesterday...As I Have Had Enough :mad::mad::mad: (6th April 2009).

My below correspondence sent by Recorded Delivery.

The Company Secretary
Orange Home UK
Verulam Court
Station Way
St Albans
AL1 5HE

Also sent to:-

Laura Boehme
Customer Care
Orange
P.O. Box 486
Rotherham
S63 5ZX

Your Ref. **********

Your Debt Collecting Agency Ref. **************

Dear Madam,
You will read from the enclosed communications that I have been further harassed by your Debt Collecting Agency DLC.
Also enclosed is further correspondence I have had with your Debt Collecting Agency DLC.

Note that in respect of my tremendous use of wasted hours, postage, telephone calls, E. Mails Etc. Etc. Etc. over a period of some two years during which my Wife and I have been brought to a state of considerable anxiety regarding Orange Harassing me with amongst other things threats of Legal Action by Letter and Telephone calls. I consider your actions to bother me claiming money which I do not owe unlawful harassment is also contrary to the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

Therefore I am claiming a total of £450 without prejudice Plus Costs from Orange in respect of all the above.

This letter should be read in conjunction with all of the other correspondence both sent to you and I have received from you during 2007.

Please note that if you have not paid the above amount to me by Monday 20th April 2009 (Two weeks time) then I will apply to the Aberystwyth County Court in respect of this claim.
You should note that I already have the necessary papers collected from Aberystwyth County Court here at home to enable me to take this action.

Yours Sincerely

......................................Let Battle Commence.............................:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
You've heard the budget speech now you've been told. Make lots of cash then die before you're old 'Cause we're gonna Tax Gran that's what it is We're gonna Tax Gran freeze her allowances. You better hope next winter isn't cold. We're gonna Tax Gran, we're glad she's there.To subsidize the Billionaires. We're gonna Tax Gran and this is wrong!

AM I RIGHT TO SUE ORANGE? 74 votes

YES
55% 41 votes
NO
44% 33 votes

Comments

• penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a problem with Orange when I moved to Sky for my broadband, BT never advised orange that the MAC had been used, and thus I got charged for an additional month.
    I managed to get the amount, around £16 refunded by Sky.
    Is this similar to your original problem?
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • pict_saver
    pict_saver Posts: 27 Forumite
    edited 7 April 2009 at 5:27PM
    Options
    I have had the same problem! Got letters from DLC etc.. about me owning them a month's money after i switched from Orange to sky broadband.I had to pay orange what i owed them before i got my Mac code!. Penrhyn Tell me how did you know bt never told them that the mac was being used please.
  • boozercruiser
    boozercruiser Posts: 763 Forumite
    edited 7 April 2009 at 6:06PM
    Options
    penrhyn wrote: »
    I had a problem with Orange when I moved to Sky for my broadband, BT never advised orange that the MAC had been used, and thus I got charged for an additional month.
    I managed to get the amount, around £16 refunded by Sky.
    Is this similar to your original problem?

What happened was that I telephoned to cancel my Orange Broadband in 2006. At that time I was offered another contract for 14.99 instead of £17.99.

When I finally wanted to go to Talk Talk after a year or so they had actually been billing me for £17.99 after 6 Months of the Contract. The operator did not tell me that his offer only lasted 6 Months so this ended up as a £23 underpayment charge as far as Orange where concerned one way and another because I had my payment on Standing Order.

I would not pay the difference, hence the Dispute.

They finally conceded the point and I have a letter from them dated 4th July 2007 which states..

."Due to a system error the outstanding balance wasn't removed from your account. I've removed your outstanding £23 balance as promised, so no further monies are now owing and you wont receive any future correspondence from us regarding this matter".

And I thought that was that. Until I heard from the Debt Collecting Agency 2 years later that is on 3rd March 2009. The letter said.......................

"Your account has been referred to us by Orange Home Services for collection.

The balance of £23 must be paid immediately.

Failure to respond to this letter may result in Legal Action"

There will be Legal Action all right..........................BY ME:mad::mad::mad:

Thank goodness I had kept my original letters to and from them:money:
    You've heard the budget speech now you've been told. Make lots of cash then die before you're old 'Cause we're gonna Tax Gran that's what it is We're gonna Tax Gran freeze her allowances. You better hope next winter isn't cold. We're gonna Tax Gran, we're glad she's there.To subsidize the Billionaires. We're gonna Tax Gran and this is wrong!
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    Options
    pict_saver wrote: »
    I have had the same problem! Got letters from DLC etc.. about me owning them a month's money after i switched from Orange to sky broadband.I had to pay orange what i owed them before i got my Mac code!. Penrhyn Tell me how did you know bt never told them that the mac was being used please.

That was what Orange told me, and Sky confirmed it, by way of refunding me.
    This was a couple of years ago.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • boozercruiser
    edited 7 April 2009 at 7:27PM
    Options
    penrhyn wrote: »
    That was what Orange told me, and Sky confirmed it, by way of refunding me.
    This was a couple of years ago.

Yes, I think it is a regular practice to offer you a deal if you say that you want to change providers.

What they don't tell you is that the deal is only for a few months. If they had said "We can offer you £14.99 for 6 months and then back up to £17.99 I would have told them to stuff it!:mad:

Now, unless they pay me £450 it is me who will be doing the Stuffing!
  • sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    You'll probably win by default, i.e Orange not showing up for court, Think its happened before.
  • boozercruiser
    Options
    sporedude wrote: »
    You'll probably win by default, i.e Orange not showing up for court, Think its happened before.

Yes, I seem to remember recently that someone sued for £500 and they did not show up. In that case.......................................

I WILL:money:
  • sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    *Thumbs up*
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You may well be awarded judgement in your favour, and costs, but getting them to pay up is another matter, it will almost certainly involve you in bailiff expenses, and these companies don't have any physical assets-every last paperclip in their offices is leased.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • boozercruiser
    edited 7 April 2009 at 11:11PM
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    You may well be awarded judgement in your favour, and costs, but getting them to pay up is another matter, it will almost certainly involve you in bailiff expenses, and these companies don't have any physical assets-every last paperclip in their offices is leased.

Well if I took that view I might as well give up now.:confused:

If you where to do a search for kenny thain on Google you will see that I do well in some Media, and I already have BBC Watchdog interest. They carried an article recently in respect of a £500 Court Order against them recently. And Orange didn't even show up. But the Guy got the Cheque.:money:

Orange will want to avoid the Publicity I will give them in the event of me obtaining a judgment and them refusing to abide by a Court Order, should I win of course:rolleyes:

P.S. The Money Saving Expert Logo says "CONSUMER REVENGE" That is what I want for my reasons above!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure