We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I Am Going To Sue ORANGE!

Options

Comments

• boozercruiser
    boozercruiser Posts: 763 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 April 2009 at 2:56PM
    Options
    Well, Orange telephoned me an hour ago and apologized for everything and offered me £50 Compensation.

I said "No" and that the minimum I would accept without prejudice to my Small Claims Court situation is £225.

Otherwise my claim is entered next Tuesday for £450 plus my £50 Costs. (£500).

There it sits :-)
    You've heard the budget speech now you've been told. Make lots of cash then die before you're old 'Cause we're gonna Tax Gran that's what it is We're gonna Tax Gran freeze her allowances. You better hope next winter isn't cold. We're gonna Tax Gran, we're glad she's there.To subsidize the Billionaires. We're gonna Tax Gran and this is wrong!
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    Well, Orange telephoned me an hour ago and apologized for everything and offered me £50 Compensation.

I said "No" and that the minimum I would accept without prejudice to my Small Claims Court situation is £225.

Otherwise my claim is entered next Tuesday for £450 plus my £50 Costs. (£500).

There it sits :-)

not being funny but youre a muppet you may not get that money and youll be put of pocket
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Isn't saying you would now accept £225 rather going to prejudice your claim for £450 if it does go to court?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • boozercruiser
    Options
    jamespir wrote: »
    not being funny but youre a muppet you may not get that money and youll be put of pocket

Don't you just love defeatists! :rolleyes:
    You've heard the budget speech now you've been told. Make lots of cash then die before you're old 'Cause we're gonna Tax Gran that's what it is We're gonna Tax Gran freeze her allowances. You better hope next winter isn't cold. We're gonna Tax Gran, we're glad she's there.To subsidize the Billionaires. We're gonna Tax Gran and this is wrong!
  • boozercruiser
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    Isn't saying you would now accept £225 rather going to prejudice your claim for £450 if it does go to court?

Erm, I do believe that when one indicates that they are prepared to accept something ...................................

'Without Prejudice' to the original claim, in Law it means exactly that.

I am just trying to give them the chance to settle out of court, which I do believe happens all the time.

P.S. Please, please please.........Are there any Optimists out there?:D
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    Options
    How have you come to a figure of £225 and £450?
  • donnykebab
    donnykebab Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    normanmark wrote: »

believe it's based on the hourly rate for rocket scientists
    :think:
  • boozercruiser
    Options
    normanmark wrote: »

How long is apiece of string?:rolleyes:
  • boozercruiser
    boozercruiser Posts: 763 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 April 2009 at 8:35PM
    Options
    donnykebab wrote: »
    believe it's based on the hourly rate for rocket scientists
    :think:

I see we have one of Gordon Browns Spin Doctors in the Forum.

Very good on economics they are:rolleyes:
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    Options
    How long is apiece of string?:rolleyes:

It's a genuine question, I'm intrigued as how you've come to that figure & how its appropriate. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport