We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I Am Going To Sue ORANGE!

Options

Comments

• boozercruiser
    Options
    No reply from Orange yet:confused:

Happy Easter everyone.:beer:
    You've heard the budget speech now you've been told. Make lots of cash then die before you're old 'Cause we're gonna Tax Gran that's what it is We're gonna Tax Gran freeze her allowances. You better hope next winter isn't cold. We're gonna Tax Gran, we're glad she's there.To subsidize the Billionaires. We're gonna Tax Gran and this is wrong!
  • rosemarym_2
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    You may well be awarded judgement in your favour, and costs, but getting them to pay up is another matter, it will almost certainly involve you in bailiff expenses, and these companies don't have any physical assets-every last paperclip in their offices is leased.

If they do not pay up, look up "statutory demand". If they do not respond to one of these, they can be declared insolvent by the court.
  • boozercruiser
    Options
    rosemarym wrote: »
    If they do not pay up, look up "statutory demand". If they do not respond to one of these, they can be declared insolvent by the court.[/QUOTE

now that sounds good to me:D

IF I have to go to court and IF I win and IF they do not pay!:rotfl:]
    You've heard the budget speech now you've been told. Make lots of cash then die before you're old 'Cause we're gonna Tax Gran that's what it is We're gonna Tax Gran freeze her allowances. You better hope next winter isn't cold. We're gonna Tax Gran, we're glad she's there.To subsidize the Billionaires. We're gonna Tax Gran and this is wrong!
  • lovinsavin
    lovinsavin Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I thought some of you guys might be interested in my battle with Orange who have been chasing me for only £23. I changed from them in 2007 to Talk Talk and then my problems started when they started to write to me saying I still owed them £23.

Following a battle I have two letters from them in 2007 which apologized to me and said that no further claim for money would be made against me.

And then two months ago the DLC Debt Collecting Agency started to Harass me with Telephone calls and Letters.

I have sued a Company 3 years ago and I was awarded £950 (Which the Company Paid) so they are messing with the wrong bloke.

I sent this off yesterday...As I Have Had Enough :mad::mad::mad: (6th April 2009).

My below correspondence sent by Recorded Delivery.

The Company Secretary
    Orange Home UK
    Verulam Court
    Station Way
    St Albans
    AL1 5HE

Also sent to:-

Laura Boehme
    Customer Care
    Orange
    P.O. Box 486
    Rotherham
    S63 5ZX

Your Ref. **********

Your Debt Collecting Agency Ref. **************

Dear Madam,
    You will read from the enclosed communications that I have been further harassed by your Debt Collecting Agency DLC.
    Also enclosed is further correspondence I have had with your Debt Collecting Agency DLC.

Note that in respect of my tremendous use of wasted hours, postage, telephone calls, E. Mails Etc. Etc. Etc. over a period of some two years during which my Wife and I have been brought to a state of considerable anxiety regarding Orange Harassing me with amongst other things threats of Legal Action by Letter and Telephone calls. I consider your actions to bother me claiming money which I do not owe unlawful harassment is also contrary to the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

Therefore I am claiming a total of £450 without prejudice Plus Costs from Orange in respect of all the above.

This letter should be read in conjunction with all of the other correspondence both sent to you and I have received from you during 2007.

Please note that if you have not paid the above amount to me by Monday 20th April 2009 (Two weeks time) then I will apply to the Aberystwyth County Court in respect of this claim.
    You should note that I already have the necessary papers collected from Aberystwyth County Court here at home to enable me to take this action.

Yours Sincerely

......................................Let Battle Commence.............................:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You should also include in your letter a request that Orange rectify your credit rating by contacting the necessary credit reference agencies and ammending your details.

Whilst I support you persuing Orange (and any other incompetent companies) and asking for compensation regarding the anexity caused, the £450, if you get it, will not do anything to repair your credit rating. I would make sure you persue both.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

lovinsavin
  • chnelomi
    chnelomi Posts: 462 Forumite
    Options
    This seems to be a bit of a trick with orange. here is what they done to me will try to be quick(never managed yet but first time for everything lol) i had a mobile contract with orange and after the second 1yr renewal i had a reson to complain as my usual £50 bill was over £100 so i called them as i had asked for my bills to be maxed at £60 had the usual sorry but it had not been correctly applied to account, paid the bill regardless.

next month the bill was £80 Called again similar story but it was fixed and also regraded to text and call bundles so i wouldn't go over the £60 told i would get a text to let me know if i went over. five months later get another £100 bill call them up to be told £60 request was only for 3 month contract and was no longer on text and call bundle and line rental was doubled. i wasn't told so argued that i was missold the contract etc and wanted to cancel. no problem they said.

roll on the end of the month and the bill was over £200 called them and was told i still had to pay remainder of contract (wish i had this site then lol)so begrudgingly i paid the bill at the bank, got a parking ticket for my trouble:mad:

six months later call from orange asking for bill. now i had moved house since the oridinal bill and couldn't find the pay slip from bank (had paid over the counter).
    so paid it again, then again they said i hadnt paid. finally managed to sort it out i had been given the wrong account info but they tracked it down and got letter saying paid etc thanks.

roll on two years and i get a letter from a dept company for the same bill and yep gullible me paid it yet again. this time i'm laminating the payment recieved letter for future use and i still hope one day i come accross that original letter and i will sue them too.
    twice if possible lol:rotfl:
    slowly going nuts at the world:T
  • boozercruiser
    Options
    lovinsavin wrote: »
    You should also include in your letter a request that Orange rectify your credit rating by contacting the necessary credit reference agencies and ammending your details.

Whilst I support you persuing Orange (and any other incompetent companies) and asking for compensation regarding the anexity caused, the £450, if you get it, will not do anything to repair your credit rating. I would make sure you persue both.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

lovinsavin

Thank you for that. However I used this Money Saving Expert Forum to get a free Credit Check and it came back as nothing against me. :j
  • boozercruiser
    boozercruiser Posts: 763 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 April 2009 at 10:32AM
    Options
    chnelomi wrote: »
    This seems to be a bit of a trick with orange. here is what they done to me will try to be quick(never managed yet but first time for everything lol) i had a mobile contract with orange and after the second 1yr renewal i had a reson to complain as my usual £50 bill was over £100 so i called them as i had asked for my bills to be maxed at £60 had the usual sorry but it had not been correctly applied to account, paid the bill regardless.

next month the bill was £80 Called again similar story but it was fixed and also regraded to text and call bundles so i wouldn't go over the £60 told i would get a text to let me know if i went over. five months later get another £100 bill call them up to be told £60 request was only for 3 month contract and was no longer on text and call bundle and line rental was doubled. i wasn't told so argued that i was missold the contract etc and wanted to cancel. no problem they said.

roll on the end of the month and the bill was over £200 called them and was told i still had to pay remainder of contract (wish i had this site then lol)so begrudgingly i paid the bill at the bank, got a parking ticket for my trouble:mad:

six months later call from orange asking for bill. now i had moved house since the oridinal bill and couldn't find the pay slip from bank (had paid over the counter).
    so paid it again, then again they said i hadnt paid. finally managed to sort it out i had been given the wrong account info but they tracked it down and got letter saying paid etc thanks.

roll on two years and i get a letter from a dept company for the same bill and yep gullible me paid it yet again. this time i'm laminating the payment recieved letter for future use and i still hope one day i come accross that original letter and i will sue them too.
    twice if possible lol:rotfl:

Oh Dear:mad: And I thought that I had problems:mad:

I was lucky in so much as Orange had sent me two letters in 2007 apologizing for the £23 claim and said that I was now off there books and I owe them nothing.

Thank GOODNESS that I kept those letters as well as all the other correspondence at the time.

If I have to go to Court I have plenty of evidence to show the Judge:D

It will cost me £50 to enter the claim which I will get back if I win making a total of £500.

I do hope that some how some way you find a receipt. It sounds like Orange really Stuffed you good, (Please pardon the expression) and I just hate it when a company rolls someone like that.

They just play on ones worry to just Pay up and get it over with:mad:

P.S. By the way, I am not being funny because I am not a good speller, however I use Firefox and this normally highlights a wrong spell, I right click on the word and correct using one of the alternatives.
  • oldagetraveller
    Options
    I was lucky in so much as Orange had sent me two letters in 2007 apologizing for the £23 claim and said that I was now off there books and I owe them nothing.

P.S. By the way, I am not being funny because I am not a good speller, however I use Firefox and this normally highlights a wrong spell, I right click on the word and correct using one of the alternatives.

Neither am I ;) but with the greatest respect it's their books not there. No intention on my part to be a smart alec.:D
  • boozercruiser
    Options
    Neither am I ;) but with the greatest respect it's their books not there. No intention on my part to be a smart alec.:D

:rotfl::T Nice one......."No intention on my part to be a smart Alec"........

Me nither :eek: Oh Sorry.....Neither:rotfl:

P.S. I just want my Compensation from Orange........................................

And I don't mind how they spell it!:j
  • donnykebab
    donnykebab Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    krispy_kreme_glazed_doughnut.jpgpainting0224.htmlpainting0224.htmlimages%3Fq%3Ddoughnut%26gbv%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport